*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3 - fogging?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:11 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:10 am
Posts: 994
Location: Nassau,Bahamas
the strips i bought of ebay for $8 comes with 8 strips works perfectly, just came of a 2 hour session and it didn't fog up even a bit. I see Go Pro is selling 6 strips for over $20 if you can, jump on ebay and get much more for your cash. :thumb: .


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3 - fogging?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:59 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:57 pm
Posts: 2
prayfawind27 wrote:
the strips i bought of ebay for $8 comes with 8 strips works perfectly, just came of a 2 hour session and it didn't fog up even a bit. I see Go Pro is selling 6 strips for over $20 if you can, jump on ebay and get much more for your cash. :thumb: .


I just got delivered the same FogFree brand inserts stuff you posted a picture of.

Haven't tested on the water yet, they seem to be the same moisture munching sheet as GoPro's but a better bang for the buck - I had one pair of the GoPro originals that I "borrowed" from a friend but ended up loosing them, or maybe someone "borrowed" them from me too - bad karma?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3 - fogging?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:07 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:10 am
Posts: 994
Location: Nassau,Bahamas
I've tossed mine into the Microwave for 2 minutes, 6 strips has been used in 3 cams housing and they work perfectly. I've also removed the rubber seal around the housing door cleaning making sure there isn't any sand or salt before putting it back on(just in case) :thumb:

crazycoconut wrote:
prayfawind27 wrote:
the strips i bought of ebay for $8 comes with 8 strips works perfectly, just came of a 2 hour session and it didn't fog up even a bit. I see Go Pro is selling 6 strips for over $20 if you can, jump on ebay and get much more for your cash. :thumb: .


I just got delivered the same FogFree brand inserts stuff you posted a picture of.

Haven't tested on the water yet, they seem to be the same moisture munching sheet as GoPro's but a better bang for the buck - I had one pair of the GoPro originals that I "borrowed" from a friend but ended up loosing them, or maybe someone "borrowed" them from me too - bad karma?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3 - fogging?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:50 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:59 pm
Posts: 143
Location: Terschelling, Holland
I'll just say the thing Toby wants to hear: yes the 3 is much better and no fog inside, ever! :lol:
No you can buy one Toby :wink:

When i started taken photo's with DSLR I had a sealed bag, always needed the the silica bags inside. Now i shoot with Ikelite housing and set it up at home in dry enviroment and no bags needed, ever!

For my CamOne Infinity (similar to the gopro) i use........ rice :D
Cheap, works fine and in the evening you can use it to cook again.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3 - fogging?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:05 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:31 pm
Posts: 4
I have done a few tests on various solutions to fogging on Rahotu200 youtube channel. The best options out of eight options I tested was to hold the open camera housing under an air con vent and then insert 3 anti fog inserts, wait 17 hours for the inserts to do their thing and then film. As per Rahotu200 videos it works under some very tough test conditions and write up on what causes camera fogging. Also looked at various options (microwave and oven) for drying the gopro fog inserts to see what was the most effective.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: GoPro 3 - fogging?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:18 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:10 am
Posts: 994
Location: Nassau,Bahamas
Rahotu200 wrote:
I have done a few tests on various solutions to fogging on Rahotu200 youtube channel. The best options out of eight options I tested was to hold the open camera housing under an air con vent and then insert 3 anti fog inserts, wait 17 hours for the inserts to do their thing and then film. As per Rahotu200 videos it works under some very tough test conditions and write up on what causes camera fogging. Also looked at various options (microwave and oven) for drying the gopro fog inserts to see what was the most effective.



WOW! "put under AC vent then wait 17 hours", that is crazy, I can't imagine doing that every time I wanted to film, what about a spontaneous moment. All I do is pop 2 strips in the microwave for 2 minutes put them into the housing with the cam and it's good to go, I've film till the battery died and it was cheese cake. Did you try just that? and every so often I would clean the rubber around the housing.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bebo, Nobsukao and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group