All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Flydoor4 - Take advantage of every breath of wind
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:55 pm 
Frequent Poster

Mane wrote:
hi weasel,

whats your problem?

I know from paragliders that the Jet Flap works pretty well there. Tests were done not only by students but also magazines....they work without any doubt...

cannot judge about the fins, but it seems you can...

cheers,

Otti

Hello Otti
No problem whatsoever, why, do you have one?
"you know from paragliders..." ...Awesome, quantify that dude!
What you mean to say is Skywalk the parent company of Flysurfer utilises its patented JF technology on its product in an attempt to gain ....
Here is a reference for you... http://www.skywalk.info/development-2/j ... s/?lang=en
Here is the rub....if this idea is so revolutionary it would have taken over the market by pure demonstration of its abilities. This could be shown in all competition results and the demand for them by all manufacturers. Bear in mind this gimmik has been around a while on the Skywalks .and is just plaigerised from a practical application where it is of critical intrinsic use. A patent is a joke.
These results are not there. Now see what I wrote earlier about these gimmiks being neither detrimental or advantageous to performance. Relate that to the centre fin and note that the folk that are most likely to get the maximum performance of the board are most likely those that remove all the fins and block the holes. The upwind relevance is particularly aimed at those whose desire for better upwind ability are most likely to be a beginner/first board. This is great for building a loyal customer base. That is not to say the board is bad (as mentioned) but attributing magical factors etc as mentioned is tiresome and disregards a customer base that can appreciate it for what it already is. Next step past there is to claim "superiority" over other products based on models and not practical application. ie..where exactly are the superior "jet flap" enabled foils in the world rankings and why is there still any LEI`s flying. I am not saying it is a bad product.
Go on, take a good look at Skywalks Jet flap page and then a FS and then the board page

Gimmik to entice and if some prefer its "feel" all the better. The claims and psuedoscience however.

Take a look at your own examples in your posts. They are found wanting. Take another look at what I have said in the first 2 posts. It still holds. Bear in mind Gunnar is a representative of this BS and prolific. Of course he is as he has a vested interest and a young ego to stroke which results as per usual in chest beating. That is not to say he is any different to 95% of all other young men.

Your reference to "magazines have done tests" LOL !!! I bet they weren`t vested were they. Go on and justify that with conviction. If you can I suggest you buy the board for the centre fin with lots of tests n reserch n $hit that show it iz da bomb . Gimmee a break, this is shooting fish in a barrel.
If I choose to call BS on an international forum, can and choose to....I will.

If you wish you can see the humour in it all.

Heh heh, did you notice the last 2 offerings from FS??
After having vested so much in them it will take a while to fade them out and keep face.
Naxt time you see the JF`s quantify the length of overall span they take up. Then look at the lovely graphic of the air flowing over them. Pause for a while to let it sink in and then realise the name and little advertising graphic took longer to come up with and are crap too!. Equate that to the real thing the next time you fly and try not to laugh!

Cheers
JD

keep asking questions...you might learn something..
Do not mistake this for a debate.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:53 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Oh forgot to ask. Where is your actual proof that the Jet Flaps and the middle fin do not work? You say they don't, but still have not explained why they don't work.

--
Gunnar

Last edited by gmb13 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:18 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Just to give poor anciently old Weasel another Target:

Here is Andreas Hanrieder who developed the Board talking about it's features.

http://www.vimeo.com/56069883

--
Gunnar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:53 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Don't antagonize FW or he'll set his lawyers on you wooooh :o

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:14 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Please guys, keep the discussion clean with arguments and opinions.

Nothing else we want to read.

Personal attacks can be done via PM !

Thanks and happy holidays with wind!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:35 am 
Rare Poster

Toby is right - happy New Year

Anders
Copenhagen
Denmark
:) :) :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:01 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I am sure the center fin makes it easier to go upwind, but I would think it would make it feel a lot more locked in and less skatey. I took the fins off of my FS Monster Door. It rides great, but I should cover the fin holes as the water sometimes squirts me in the eye.

The lightwind board that I really loved was the Slingshot Glide. It was just the right size and had small fins. It was also lightweight. Unfortunately, mine fell apart after a couple seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:36 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide
Middle Fins on twin tips are crazy upwind and powerful and a little addictive.... for some like myself...
on the Flyrace..... big Fin!
Reminds me of my old Windsurfer One Design with the Pull up dagger-board Fin back a ways.... and flip sailboard down Dagger-boards...

And even in my 145cm show here up in shallow water but I ride fully down as well.
Allow me to ride a smaller kite... and lots of upwind power...

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3