Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

HyperFlex Wetsuit Experience

Forum for kitesurfers
adamj2281
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Charleston, SC - Folly Beach
Favorite Beaches: Folly Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Playa Avellanas, Barker's, GC, East End, St. Croix,VI
Style: Surf mostly, some freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam 7,12
Ocean Rodeo Crave 9
5'2" North Whip CSC
5'4" Tomo Hydroshort
Nobile 2HD
Slingshot H4 Batwing foil
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Re: HyperFlex Wetsuit Experience

Postby adamj2281 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:08 am

Agreed I have an Amp 5/3, and it's a great wetsuit for kiting.

ladomi
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby ladomi » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:43 am

Agreed I have an Amp 5/3, and it's a great wetsuit for kiting
Hey Adam,
Can you tell me what temps (air and water) you are comfortable in with no hood or gloves? And then with hood and gloves? How did you find the sizing for your height and weight? Thanks.

Shmed
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Shmed » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:27 pm

I also have an AMP 5/3 and I love it, best wetsuit I've had. Much better sealed and warmer than others, tradeoff being its a bit more work to take on/off due to the neck zipper.

I'll chip in my two cents on Ladomi's q. I kite in SF where the water ranges from 50-60 degrees F and I have not kited below 40 deg air temp - so I'm not really pushing the cold range of the suit. Would be totally fine without hood, gloves year round here, but I often wear both because I have a nice thin hooded Victory rashguard and gloves to avoid bar blisters. I also have a Hyperflex shorty which is excellent and very flexible.

I am 5'11 ish and 210 lbs and the XL fits great -- I was lighter last year and it also fit great when I was ~190 lbs.

Shmed
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Shmed » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:27 pm

I also have an AMP 5/3 and I love it, best wetsuit I've had. Much better sealed and warmer than others, tradeoff being its a bit more work to take on/off due to the neck zipper.

I'll chip in my two cents on Ladomi's q. I kite in SF where the water ranges from 50-60 degrees F and I have not kited below 40 deg air temp - so I'm not really pushing the cold range of the suit. Would be totally fine without hood, gloves year round here, but I often wear both because I have a nice thin hooded Victory rashguard and gloves to avoid bar blisters. I also have a Hyperflex shorty which is excellent and very flexible.

I am 5'11 ish and 210 lbs and the XL fits great -- I was lighter last year and it also fit great when I was ~190 lbs.

Return to “Kitesurfing”