Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Forum for kitesurfers
AlexandreBorges
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Jericoacoara (CE) and São Luís (MA)
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (CE) and São Luís (MA)
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Crossbow 2010
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby AlexandreBorges » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:34 pm

Super cool!
Agreed Toby about waves and ramp.

fr3style
Rare Poster
Style: Old Skeeewl!!
Gear: Epic Renegade 11m 9m 4m
Aaron hadlow prolimit harness
CrazyFly 132x 39 board

Postby fr3style » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:40 pm

To any one who posts negative feedback here without testing a kite, go do something else but hate!

I understand some people will bash on other brands etc! I would never talk bad about anything without testing it first! even is some one told me this kite flies in 3 knots! Hey if that is the case let me test it. I though it was impossible but then again if I dont test how can I be sure its true!

Personally I don´t like to kite in low winds since I am into fest small kites! But if I live in a place with winds of 7 to 12 Knots and as addicted as I am for sure I would but the Infinity.

I have tested the V1 V2 and V3. All amazing and they did get better and better with the versions. I have with my own eyes seen the V3 in about 6 knots in the air without stalling at all! And I kited with it in 8Knts and I was well powered on the 135cm Board! Went upwind and all! I weigh about 72Kilos! 150LBS

Now to everyone here complaining and the non believers! Like any thing in life you need to see and try to know! I would never buy a kite without testing one! and also testing many kites! I try all kites I can and this gives me a good idea of how the kites brands progress year by year.

I sell Epic kites and I do like them Especially the Renegades since they outperform most kites when it comes to Gusty conditions and the stability is perfect for giving lessons on! Relaunch is crazy easy, any one saying this is not so does not know any thing about kites!

Even selling epic I can say many brands have good kites out there. But ask yourself this. Who will answer any support question you have in under 24H. Do you think if you own a kite show up in Brazil on a kite trip and need a part for the kite, some one will have that part? We have all parts and help any epic costumer! EVEN IF YOU BOUGHT IT USED ELSEWHERE!! We will help you out! Your time in the water is out priority!

So guys lets all take a deep breath leave computer alone and go out and RIDE! cause this is what we are here for KITE and more KITE!!!!

Go Kite!

Dave

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:52 pm

fr3style wrote:To any one who posts negative feedback here without testing a kite, go do something else but hate!

I understand some people will bash on other brands etc! I would never talk bad about anything without testing it first! even is some one told me this kite flies in 3 knots! Hey if that is the case let me test it. I though it was impossible but then again if I dont test how can I be sure its true!

Personally I don´t like to kite in low winds since I am into fest small kites! But if I live in a place with winds of 7 to 12 Knots and as addicted as I am for sure I would but the Infinity.

I have tested the V1 V2 and V3. All amazing and they did get better and better with the versions. I have with my own eyes seen the V3 in about 6 knots in the air without stalling at all! And I kited with it in 8Knts and I was well powered on the 135cm Board! Went upwind and all! I weigh about 72Kilos! 150LBS

Now to everyone here complaining and the non believers! Like any thing in life you need to see and try to know! I would never buy a kite without testing one! and also testing many kites! I try all kites I can and this gives me a good idea of how the kites brands progress year by year.

I sell Epic kites and I do like them Especially the Renegades since they outperform most kites when it comes to Gusty conditions and the stability is perfect for giving lessons on! Relaunch is crazy easy, any one saying this is not so does not know any thing about kites!

Even selling epic I can say many brands have good kites out there. But ask yourself this. Who will answer any support question you have in under 24H. Do you think if you own a kite show up in Brazil on a kite trip and need a part for the kite, some one will have that part? We have all parts and help any epic costumer! EVEN IF YOU BOUGHT IT USED ELSEWHERE!! We will help you out! Your time in the water is out priority!

So guys lets all take a deep breath leave computer alone and go out and RIDE! cause this is what we are here for KITE and more KITE!!!!

Go Kite!

Dave
So we're not allowed to question what were being told because we haven't actually ridden the kite???? Ok we'll believe everything were told then :roll:

And you don't buy kites without testing them? Lucky you, I'd say most people do buy their kites without testing them, they use the internet and speak to other riders, I'd go so far as to say that 99% of people buy their first kite without having a test run!

Hence the reason when manufacturers claim to have developed a kite that can do what no other kite can do people get suspicious especially when there is no independent verification as they can't test it for themselves.

tony montana
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works

Postby tony montana » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:08 pm

Flight Time wrote:No, no, no, Dimitri, you got it right in this video:

There's the adrenaline! :lol:
Dimitri that is class,you lunatic,TONY

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:00 pm

The reason I want people to demo the EPIC kites is because I know the end results. This is another example of a customer who never tried any EPIC kites and wanted to demo the INFINITY V2 kite after reading and watching all these testimonials. You can check this link: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2372410&start=600
Poster: KYLakeKiter
I just got back from my trip that I took to test out the Infinity V2 that Dimitri sent me. First of all, if you want to try out an Epic kite, just email Dimitri. He makes it very easy and will work with you to get it when you need it.
I ended up going to St. Petersburg FL because that was the nearest place with a descent water temp. Winds were NW, so I ended up at the North Beach at Ft. Desoto. Winds when I got there were 5 to 6kts. There were some local wind surfers there who helped us with our wind estimates. Everyone on the beach was surprised that we were actually able to even launch the kite. We did about 45 minutes of downwind runs just figure 8ing the kite to get enough pull to ride. I was impressed with how fast the kite turned in such low winds. That allowed me to keep it in the window enough to barely keep enough speed to ride the board. I rode an RRD Domingo surfboard, and my friend who was also trying the kite out rode a Spleene Barndoor 159. I am 175 lbs and Steve is 190 lbs. Wind picked up to about 8kts during one of my walks back up the beach, and from that point upwind was easy. Unfortunately, we only got about 20 minutes of the steady 8kt wind (which was really where I wanted to see how the kite did). The kite turned really fast for a big kite and was fun to fly. The wind quickly picked up to about 15kts and I felt a little overpowered in the gusts, so I landed it before I got myself in trouble (I chickened out early since it wasn't my kite yet). I switched to a 12m for the rest of the day, so no more V2 winds.
The next day was very unlikely to get good winds, but I went to a local park that was favorable for NE winds. Ended up with 4 to 6kts, dropping to nothing. Since the kite kept dropping out of the sky due to wind dropping to nothing, I took the opportunity to test low wind relaunch. What I found was pretty cool. The kite rotated leading edge off the water about the same as any of my other kites, but once the kite was at that point where it was about to come off the water and my other kites just rotate up and drop on their tail, the V2 actually launched every time. So what I am saying is that once the kite had enough wind to rotate onto it's edge, it could fly. I really liked that. Since the wind was quitting so often, I got to see the kite fall out of the sky several times, and I may have just been lucky, but I did not have any problem with the kite twisting up or folding on me. Each time, it dropped on its leading edge, drifted downwind and straightened itself out.
Overall, I am really impressed with the kite. I don't expect miracles out of any kite, but I think this kite has all the light wind characteristics that I am looking for. Too bad I didn't have a V3 with me Sunday. It would have been fun to see how much better it stayed in the air in the lulls. I highly recommend that anyone interested in any Epic Kites give them a try. Dimitri is all about letting his kites do the talking for themselves.
:thumb:
Well guess what!!!!! He just ordered a new INFINITY V2 kite two days ago after demoing the one I sent him.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:41 pm

JGTR wrote:
fr3style wrote: I would never buy a kite without testing one! and also testing many kites! I try all kites I can and this gives me a good idea of how the kites brands progress year by year. Dave

And you don't buy kites without testing them? Lucky you, I'd say most people do buy their kites without testing them, they use the internet and speak to other riders, I'd go so far as to say that 99% of people buy their first kite without having a test run!
JGTR i am part of that 99%
I never demo before i buy
I did demo the V3....when Dimitri came to Cocoa Beach for 3 days of fun
.........and i am keeping MY bigger "baby"...the Core Riot XR2LW 19M :wink:

........Soon 321Kiteboarding will have the movie of the 2 kites and pilots in action........ :thumb: .....

............................ :surf: :sun: .........................................................................................................

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:04 pm

SupaEZ wrote: I did demo the V3....when Dimitri came to Cocoa Beach for 3 days of fun

........Soon 321Kiteboarding will have the movie of the 2 kites and pilots in action........ :thumb: .....

............................ :surf: :sun: .........................................................................................................
I'm 100% confident the inferiority of the "Infinity" will be revealed. The "Core 19m" will outperform the "Infinity" on all criteria, ESPECIALLY the one that matters: Ability to get you going early in LIGHT winds.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:05 am

SupaEZ wrote: JGTR i am part of that 99%
I never demo before i buy
I did demo the V3....when Dimitri came to Cocoa Beach for 3 days of fun

I have seen a couple of Core Kites in the UK, both of them ridden by Germans where they seem to be popular. Was impressed with the build quality. They seen to be a bit more expensive than brands like Slingshot and BEST. Would be interesting to see how your 19M compares to the Slingshot Turbine which in my opinion is the best light wind kite on the market and is very competitively priced

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:00 am

I think buying after testing is a fantastic idea. Everyone who has a kite will tell you it's the best kite in the world, and will rave to you about all the wonderful parts, and gloss over the not-so-great parts, because people don't want to admit to others (and themselves) that they made a bad choice.

Not only that, but many people who have made a bad choice, don't know they did because they haven't tried the other options. How can you compare A to B without having tried both of them? How do you know A is a good choice compared to J, R, and W? Who has ridden everything?

I try to get a little time in on as many kites as I can, because it helps me make a more informed decision when I buy. I won't say to not buy a kite until you have tested everything on the market, or not to take into consideration owner reviews, because that is impractical and shortsighted, but If a company will send me a kite to demo after making some pretty outrageous claims, I will definitely jump all over that, and I definitely will not whine and bitch about covering shipping, because it makes me a more informed buyer in the end.

When I bought my Screamers, I did so after demoing them, and I knew exactly what I was getting. The demo told me fully 80% of what I needed to know about it. When I pulled the trigger and bought them, I knew that they slam upwind, I was fully aware of the huge boosting and hangtime, and I was also aware of the slight tradeoff in stability that comes as a result. This was a good decision. If I only listened to D talk about them, and what other people said about them, and the douches running their mouths about something they know nothing about, I really could not have known what I would be getting. Do you buy a car without a test drive? I don't. A kite is a little different than a car, but the principle is the same.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:02 am

SupaEZ wrote:

I don't quite understand what's taking so long. I'd be happy with all the raw video footage of that day. We did see some video so I'm not sure what this 123 video is gonna add but hopefully something :)

Even when we do see it I wonder if we're gonna resolve anything... you had two different size riders, different boards, different line lengths. So it's gonna be a tough call I think.

Both kites were pretty darn good in light winds and fairly equal from what I could see.... except the V3 reverse launched real easy.

In any case looking forward to it :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”