move :lol: :bye:

gbgreen59
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Keeping Warm

Postby gbgreen59 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:44 pm

Just got a Kokatat after using OR drysuit for about 5 years. The OR suit held up well. Fixed a couple of pin holes over the years that I think were caused by creases in the rubber on the inside of the suit after storage. Never had to replace seals on the OR, still good.

The Gortex Kokatat is really nice. It is much lighter than OR and much more flexible. The OR fabric is pretty stiff, since it is lined with rubber material. The Kokatat is the same as wearing a thick (like flanel) shirt. Neck and wrist seals are about the same. I got socks in mine which makes a huge difference in getting the suit on and off. Pulling the OR over and off-of my heals was very hard...maybe because my feet are also fairly large (~ size 12 foot by US sizing).

aTi
Rare Poster

Postby aTi » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:01 pm

waynepjh wrote:I live in a subartic climate and have always preferred a dry suit. My dry suit is not goretex and I still get cold because I am clammy. If you buy a dry suit get the kokotat goretex with a relief zipper. This suit will last the rest of your life. I recently got a r4 Patagonia wetsuit that is lined with merino wool. It's the warmest suit I have ever had. Nothing even comes close. There booties are just as amazing too!
so you eventually went for the R4 instead of a Kokotat goretex? because of the price? an other reason? Which one would you use if you had the choice? Heard so much good about both of them, but never had the opportunity to try neither of them.

bmencer
Rare Poster

Postby bmencer » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:47 pm

Any one have any experience with the NP lucifer

Return to “Kitesurfing”