Postby justbob » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:27 am

A $59 euro sweat sock, brilliant!

eree
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Swiss Protection Sock - foot protection with barefootfee

Postby eree » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:16 pm

how it is better than flipflop?
another worthless invention, at least for the kiteboarding.
intended for the curiosity purchase. buy one, try it, forget it.

just like the Restube.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2378672

voodoospirit
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: alps lakes, alps mountain snowkites

Postby voodoospirit » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:00 am

well , i have a hard time to imagine using flipflop when u walk over underwater rocks, corals, sharp shells ( or broken bottles if u ride on lakes ( dumb asses who throw them in the water) , but i have to agree that if u ride around clean white sandy beaches with only smooth sand, it's totally useless.

i use fivefingers shoes, and it save my feet many times from wounds.

panchito
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby panchito » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:24 pm

eree wrote:how it is better than flipflop?
another worthless invention, at least for the kiteboarding.
intended for the curiosity purchase. buy one, try it, forget it.

just like the Restube.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2378672

Really ???

You have a heck of negative karma ....

Met 2 Germans a few months ago kiting at my local spot in Sotogrande both wearing those " worthless " invention and they told me the socks are fantastic , they sit tight and the best part of it , it gets no sand or whatsoever inside .

Saw them kiting for a few hours and as far as I´m concerned they worked flawlessly, too bad I recently bought my Fivefingers and did not want to spend again more money but sure next time I will get them .

Regarding the restube .... again , I may get mine next week , hope never to use it but I´m glad I will carry with me every time I´m near water ....

And by the way , both " worthless " products won several prizes and awards and have been featured in the German & Swiss television several times ....

:heartface: & peace

Regards

Franz

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:05 pm

Who cares about the socks? That blonde looks very experience-able!!! :thumb: :jump:

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:22 pm

voodoospirit wrote:well , i have a hard time to imagine using flipflop when u walk over underwater rocks, corals, sharp shells ( or broken bottles if u ride on lakes ( dumb asses who throw them in the water) , but i have to agree that if u ride around clean white sandy beaches with only smooth sand, it's totally useless.
i use fivefingers shoes, and it save my feet many times from wounds.
trere are reef shoes for that, actually, three or four times cheaper.
and you don't look like retired person from northern countries first time in tropics with this socks.

may be those socks are good for some jogger or something else, but as i said before for kiteboarding those are waste of money.
panchito wrote:Really ??? You have a heck of negative karma ....
Met 2 Germans a few months ago kiting at my local spot in Sotogrande both wearing those " worthless " invention and they told me the socks are fantastic , they sit tight and the best part of it , it gets no sand or whatsoever inside .
Saw them kiting for a few hours and as far as I´m concerned they worked flawlessly, too bad I recently bought my Fivefingers and did not want to spend again more money but sure next time I will get them .
Regarding the restube .... again , I may get mine next week , hope never to use it but I´m glad I will carry with me every time I´m near water ....
And by the way , both " worthless " products won several prizes and awards and have been featured in the German & Swiss television several times ....
heartface: & peace
Regards
Franz
i'm just glad you have mentioned those prizes!
as you can see all of those awards were from commercial organizations. not a one from police, emergency response or coast guards?
what does it tell us? it is good way to collect money from credulous persons for these guys for example:
http://restube.eu/wp/team/?lang=en
you don't know how the product is made and since it is one volume balloon you don't have any proof it would work! because it is made in china without any supervision from concerned authorities!

now, about the socks. again, you can probably buy the reef shoes for 10 to 20€ and not look like a dork in those tube socks. you don't actually need them, it is just novelty.
that what awards are given for, get big money for nothing, get rich quickly, before the interest for the good will fade!

and i don't agree with the "bad karma".
sometime i just feel like nobody else are saying a word against money mongering entrepreneurs here.
may be you are reading, may be you are thinking, but somebody just have to say it outloud.

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:04 pm

eree wrote:because it is made in china without any supervision from concerned authorities!.

From their web..... " 100% engineered and made in Germany. "
not a one from police, emergency response or coast guards?
Gosh .... as far as I know , these guys started their company last year ... presented their idea in several competitions / events and started production 6 months ago , they are a sort of " kickstarter " and received investment money from the local government or so ....

Anyway .... you have made it clear that you strongly believe that the product is a scam / useless / worthless

I believe it is actually a great idea .... you will use any opportunity you´ll get to express your opinion about this matter and I will do exactly the same .

The best part is : people will decide by themselves ....some may agree with you , some may not

Yin & Yan ....

Regards

Franz

SSK
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Salvo NC
Favorite Beaches: OBX
Style: Surf
Gear: Cabrihna Drifters, Surfboards with 3 Fins

Postby SSK » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:18 pm

I do not want bad Karma, and I doubt they are "money mongering entrepeneurs", but I just do not get it either. Is there some possible advantage that these would give over a thin tropical reef bootie? I like the 1m Excel split toes, and the O'Neil Superfreaks, but there are lots of others? These go for about 25 Euros. I always found them very comfortable for both kiting and surfing.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:56 pm

As George Carlin might have said:

Hey, dont forget to try our all new classic deluxe custom designer luxury prestige high quality premium select gourmet... Socks.

Oh, by the way, they cost a shitload because they are made in another country. Swiss engineering to the rescue! The rest of the world has been getting socks wrong for hundreds of years! The crafty Swiss finally figured out the formula for this ancient mystery! :lol:

Meh, the occasional broken bottle or razor sharp coral just create scars, and as we know, scars add character! :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”