Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Forum for kitesurfers
frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby frankm1960 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:16 am

fr3style wrote: I weigh about 72Kilos! 150LBS
I didn't think that looked right ... 72kg is 158.4lbs...

just waiting for the river to freeze solid... won't be long now... -30 c wind chill today :lol:

fr3style
Rare Poster
Style: Old Skeeewl!!
Gear: Epic Renegade 11m 9m 4m
Aaron hadlow prolimit harness
CrazyFly 132x 39 board

Postby fr3style » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:42 am

And you don't buy kites without testing them? Lucky you, I'd say most people do buy their kites without testing them, they use the internet and speak to other riders, I'd go so far as to say that 99% of people buy their first kite without having a test run!

Hence the reason when manufacturers claim to have developed a kite that can do what no other kite can do people get suspicious especially when there is no independent verification as they can't test it for themselves.[/quote]

If I listen to what people said where I live on the forums here then I would ride the same kite 90% of the people ride here. What the guys get cheap and can sell expensive. Most people should try a kite. Say you end up owning 3 kites and a board etc. You have put down a hefty investment! better go to a demo day and try as many kites as you can. I can say that many people have talked smack about gear I like and good about gear I dislike. But in the end its just like APPLE AND PC! There are the PC people who hate on Apple and the People who actually tried a MAC hahahahahaha..

Any how I understand not every one can try all the gear. But try to if you can. You will be suprised at how much a two kites can be different and one you might like and your twin brother might dislike :-)

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:21 am

fr3style wrote:If I listen to what people said where I live on the forums here then I would ride the same kite 90% of the people ride here. What the guys get cheap and can sell expensive. Most people should try a kite. Say you end up owning 3 kites and a board etc. You have put down a hefty investment! better go to a demo day and try as many kites as you can. I can say that many people have talked smack about gear I like and good about gear I dislike. But in the end its just like APPLE AND PC! There are the PC people who hate on Apple and the People who actually tried a MAC hahahahahaha..

Any how I understand not every one can try all the gear. But try to if you can. You will be suprised at how much a two kites can be different and one you might like and your twin brother might dislike :-)
Amen, well said! And don't get me started on Crapple! :lol:

Balloonboy
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: sandy
Style: Kook-style
Gear: Kite + bar + board

Postby Balloonboy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:58 pm

I am way late to this party but a friend from Calif was in Hatteras in the Fall and witnessed the Inf demo. He was astounded and to put it in perceptive he rides Flysurfer 19 (and North) so he knows lite winds.

I questioned him about it and he assured me there was no more than 5 knots- maybe less.
I too will believe it when I see (try) it but was proven wrong about the V2.

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com

Postby KiteCulture » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:09 pm

i was able to ride the Infinity v2 the other day on the snow. I too was impressed that it stayed in the air and was stable. We didn't measure wind, but my 13 would not stay in the air without moving it all the time, and even then it fell a few times. We just went to check out a local field to see about snow coverage and decided that seeing as we were there, might as well get a kite up. In a gust that was about 10 knots I got yanked on by butt a good 50 or 60 feet. The thing has some serious pull for sure. We did get moving but due to the tree line it blocked any wind in the one section and had to walk back (with the kite up). If the wind was somewhat stable (literally zero to 8 knots) we might have been able to make a go of it, but decided to call it a day. I can say that we were able to tilt the kite up and launch as per usual in about 6-7 knots. It would stay in the air in some pretty light stuff and was really stable. If I wasn't such a lightweight, I'd add it to my quiver in a heartbeat (I'm 150 lbs). If you are looking for a really lightwind kite with some serious pull, test one out.

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0AWHCBk ... e=youtu.be

This is a quick video of me flying an Infinity v2 in some really light winds. I also compared the size to a 16m Cab just because I had to know. Upwind started right when the windsurfers left the beach. They estimated 8kts.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:26 pm

KYLakeKiter wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0AWHCBk ... e=youtu.be

This is a quick video of me flying an Infinity v2 in some really light winds. I also compared the size to a 16m Cab just because I had to know. Upwind started right when the windsurfers left the beach. They estimated 8kts.
I just watched it and liked it!.........+ it was nice to SEE you.......having FUN :thumb:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:53 pm

Additionally KYLK..i think this is the 1st video i see of the V2..in 8kn...not piloted by the CEO/CFO

....... :surf: :sun: :cheers: .................................................................................................................................

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:17 am

SupaEZ wrote:Additionally KYLK..i think this is the 1st video i see of the V2..in 8kn...not piloted by the CEO/CFO

....... :surf: :sun: :cheers: .................................................................................................................................
Yea, I had to see it for myself and find out if someone from the opposite end of the "skill level" scale could ride this thing in really light wind. If I can manage to nurse this kite around enough to ride in that kind of wind, I imagine just about anyone else could as well.

The bottom line for me was that the kite did what I was told it would do, and I felt like it did what I wanted it to do. I should be getting my kite next week, but water temps here won't be workable until March or April. Sounds like another road trip in my future once I am "shiney thinged" by my new kite. :lol:

Oh yea, Dimitri says I am still wrong about the size, so I guess only he, Momi, and any smart guys with a tape measure and a slide rule will know the truth. Oh well, who doesn't love a good mystery anyway. :naughty:

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:52 am

KYLakeKiter wrote:Oh yea, Dimitri says I am still wrong about the size, so I guess only he, Momi, and any smart guys with a tape measure and a slide rule will know the truth. Oh well, who doesn't love a good mystery anyway. :naughty:
I guess that's one advantage of not putting the size on the kite - you can change the square meterage without telling anyone :naughty:

Return to “Kitesurfing”