*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The numbers are in...i did not quite make it to 200 in 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:48 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Posts: 2385
Location: The Naki
Ok based on complete pack down and leave the beach = 1 session. I am 4 for 2013 so far.
So i will attempt to do a sessions log this year.

Note. my sessions are split between kitesurfing, landboarding and longboard kite skating.

So far I'm
1x kitesurfing
2x landboard
2x longboard


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The numbers are in...i did not quite make it to 200 in 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:56 pm 
Online
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Posts: 2447
plummet wrote:
So i will attempt to do a sessions log this year.


Good New Year resolution :thumb: ........go low tech...just pencil in.....on a wall calendar

Most people can only keep their resolutions until the end of January :lol:

So far i have been out "zero" yesterday + "zero" today = total zero.....my harness is drying out :!:

Wind speed has been 0 kn gusts to 1.....from all 16 wind directions

I did however take 2 nice long walks on the beach with my better half :heartface: :love1:

..................... :surf: :sun: ...the month ain't over yet :wink: ...........................................................


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The numbers are in...i did not quite make it to 200 in 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:30 pm 
Online
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Posts: 2447
2012 was a leap year...........366 days
So if someone went out every single day........366 times....that is 100% riding for that year

So we are not actually talking "sessions"....but calendar days out on the water (even if 2-3-4 sessions)

So i rode in 2012......51.6% days that year............189 days were marked on the wall calendar

So far this year ...Zero wind...........0% :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way...200 days out is.....54.6% :wink:

............................................... :surf: :sun: ...... :cheers: :dance: ........................................................


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The numbers are in...i did not quite make it to 200 in 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:29 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 678
Haha suckers way over 200 more like 300 haha, NE Brasil. :bye:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The numbers are in...i did not quite make it to 200 in 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:14 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 5:38 pm
Posts: 9
SupaEZ wrote:
........go low tech...just pencil in.....on a wall calendar..


Low tech is nice, but anyone have any suggestions for digital logging? Any possible smartphone apps (Android specifically - and sorry Toby to burst your bubble again, way more Android phones out there than iOS)

I'm guessing a log app made for something else would probably do the trick - i.e. running or biking, etc.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The numbers are in...i did not quite make it to 200 in 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:14 pm 
Online
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Posts: 2447
Jbrook wrote:
Haha suckers way over 200 more like 300 haha, NE Brasil. :bye:


300 days out on water kiting during a leap year.....of 366 days

Not bad.....81.96% of all the calendar days riding last year.............try kiting more in 2013 :lol:

.............. :D :thumb: :wink: ..................................................................................................................


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The numbers are in...i did not quite make it to 200 in 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:09 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:53 am
Posts: 1103
Personally, I am glad for those that choose to kite over 200 sessions a year, but I do not envy them. I found the secret to enjoying any sport or activity is to do it in moderation, so that each time you go it is an experience filled with joy and wonder. Do multiple sports and pick the day that is optimal for the sport. Quality over quantity is my motto.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The numbers are in...i did not quite make it to 200 in 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:37 am 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:37 pm
Posts: 146
Kitesurf_ wrote:
SupaEZ wrote:
........go low tech...just pencil in.....on a wall calendar..


Low tech is nice, but anyone have any suggestions for digital logging? Any possible smartphone apps (Android specifically - and sorry Toby to burst your bubble again, way more Android phones out there than iOS)

I'm guessing a log app made for something else would probably do the trick - i.e. running or biking, etc.


There is one for the iPhone called Session Log: Kitesurf, Snowkite and it is very simple to use and tracks you sessions, riding time (in hours), size kite used, number of times kited per month (line chart) percentage of kite sizes used, etc.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The numbers are in...i did not quite make it to 200 in 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:42 am 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:37 pm
Posts: 146
fernmanus wrote:
Personally, I am glad for those that choose to kite over 200 sessions a year, but I do not envy them. I found the secret to enjoying any sport or activity is to do it in moderation, so that each time you go it is an experience filled with joy and wonder. Do multiple sports and pick the day that is optimal for the sport. Quality over quantity is my motto.


Then by your standards I'm a crack head addicted junkie ready to knock off a 7 Eleven or old lady to score some $$$ for my next kite session. I will kite until I have to wrap duct tape around my shoulders to keep my arm sockets in place.

And it STILL is not enough!


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: The numbers are in...i did not quite make it to 200 in 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:01 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:53 am
Posts: 1103
Quote:
Then by your standards I'm a crack head addicted junkie ready to knock off a 7 Eleven or old lady to score some $$$ for my next kite session. I will kite until I have to wrap duct tape around my shoulders to keep my arm sockets in place.

And it STILL is not enough!


:rollgrin:

Hey, no judgements from me. However, I do know exactly how you feel. It took a paradigm shift for me. I have to say that I enjoy my sessions a lot more now than when I felt like I was never getting enough. Keep riding and keep the shoulders in their sockets!!!


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bikelock, Don Monnot, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, marinehazard, Rossta, southflorida, SupaEZ and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group