Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone 2013 Catalyst Question

Forum for kitesurfers
Bill C
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Ozone 2013 Catalyst Question

Postby Bill C » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:28 am

So I bought a new 2013 Catalyst to give it a go. Never owned Ozone kites before but have been pretty impressed with build quality and performance when I've seen them before. I specifically wanted something in-between the Reo and C4. Been kiting for several years so have plenty of pumps, bars and lines, therefore I just bought the kite.

I take it straight out of the bag today to go kiting and I see the larger in-valve which seems like a nice feature except there was no adapter provided that I could attach to the hose on my pump. Instead, the pouch in the kite bag had two traditional sized nozzles.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't Ozone provide a hose nozzle what will interface with their in-valve. What would I use the two nozzles that came in the kite bag for? I looked for an alternative valve where I could use the smaller nozzle but didn't see anything.

Marty
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ozone 2013 Catalyst Question

Postby Marty » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:37 am

The larger valve comes with on the pumps.
I've always bought kite complete, with the pump.
I've never seen them come in the bag.
I'd say contact the retailer or even Ozone USA.

Bill C
Frequent Poster

Postby Bill C » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:06 am

I just sent an email to Ozone USA. Thanks

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:30 pm

If it is like the Ozone Edge, use the large nozzle that comes with any common kite pump. It fits nicely in the inflate hole.

:wink: CG

Marty
Frequent Poster

Postby Marty » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:28 pm

Bill C wrote:Thanks
All its gonna cost you is a honest review of the new Catalyst.

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster

Postby stefaans » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:06 am

Bill, every kiter in your are that kites has one of these on their pumps that they don't even use so just talk to the guy next to you about this. sure he will be way happy to give it to you since its useless to him.

Bill C
Frequent Poster

Postby Bill C » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:49 am

stefaans wrote:Bill, every kiter in your are that kites has one of these on their pumps that they don't even use so just talk to the guy next to you about this. sure he will be way happy to give it to you since its useless to him.
I am going to check my miscellaneous bag in the corner of the garage and see if I can find one. Funny, I carry an extra pump in my car for back-up but it also has the smaller nozzle.

This time of the year it gets pretty lonely on the north coast of oregon so it was just me and the birds. Ozone probably includes the smaller nozzles in the kite bag thinking customers automatically buy their pumps with the larger nozzle attached and the smaller nozzles are provided if they need to pump up something else. A 50 cent piece of plastic can sure be a source of frustration.

droffats
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride, Hdrofoil, Waves, Big Air
Gear: Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, Cabrinha, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Postby droffats » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:12 am

Every pump from every brand I have ever used comes with the larger diameter nozel that fins the Ozone. It might look like it won't work, but just stick it in there (that's what she said). The only time I have ever seen a pump not have that nozzle is the Wal-Mart mattress inflation pumps. Or, the people who cut off the other nozzles because the get in the way on the smaller, more common valve sizes.

- Droffats

poools81
Frequent Poster
Gear: ozone 13m and 9m

Postby poools81 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:18 am

i heard they changed bridal size on some of the new catalyst after they were shipped they sent out shorter bridals then what they originally had. Anybody hear this? Also would love some reviews!

Return to “Kitesurfing”