Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Len10 doing it again, this time even higher!!!

Forum for kitesurfers
coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Len10 doing it again, this time even higher!!!

Postby coleman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:40 am

Taut,
Hard to believe you can poo poo that video. You may be tired of seeing huge loops on your computer but Incan guarantee that for those who are there to see it in person it must be a spectacle. Big air is by far the most exciting thing in our sport from a spectators perspective. And to have the courage to go that big in that kind of wind is not something we see in many other riders. Only a handful of us will do that. Show some respect by biting your tongue. That video makes me laugh out loud at how ridiculous it is. Sorry you are "bored" with it. Your response was kind of doushy.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:29 am

coleman wrote:Sorry you are "bored" with it. Your response was kind of doushy.
f*** that - it's his opinion and he's entitled to it... the best response you can make is "I don't agree" but to qualify it as doushy [sic] is illogical. And *douchy :lol:

Yes, it's a formulaic Len10/Red Bull video. But DAYUM I'm still impressed every time. That's just my opinion, though.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:33 am

TimS wrote:First he was on his 7m, later on he got his 9m up, he went even higher with the 9 of course :thumb:

Insane never seen him that high !
A 7m fuel in 50kts? That doesn't sound right... he can't be much more than 70kg I'm guessing.
It was fun to watch though... even the solo launch.... :D

wrogu
Frequent Poster

Postby wrogu » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:21 am

50 kts and 7m kite is ok. A true C should depower ok with decent edging. However 9m .... damn!

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:43 am

coleman wrote:Taut,
Hard to believe you can poo poo that video. You may be tired of seeing huge loops on your computer but Incan guarantee that for those who are there to see it in person it must be a spectacle. Big air is by far the most exciting thing in our sport from a spectators perspective. And to have the courage to go that big in that kind of wind is not something we see in many other riders. Only a handful of us will do that. Show some respect by biting your tongue. That video makes me laugh out loud at how ridiculous it is. Sorry you are "bored" with it. Your response was kind of doushy.
yeah I know. That is why I said I regretted writing it. I also did say it must be nice to watch close by, and I really do think it is impressive and extreme...my main objection is that it is kind of like watching episode 250 of law and order. You kind of get the feeling you've watched it before. :-)

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:55 am

tautologies wrote:Must be fun to watch in person. Its impressive when i think about it...but these videos all look the same to me.

Lenter drinking redbull...saying how crazy he is...then...
Up..then loop. Up...then loop.

Sorry.

Have you ever try to loop in 30+?Do you know how it feels when the harness is trying to rip out your stomach?Can you imagine trying to land coming realy HOT in a washing machine waves?if you don't ,shut a F@CK UP!

every megaloop is different!!every megaloop can KILL YOU!
Last edited by nikalaitzian on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:38 am

jumarcil wrote:For sure there is some marketing with the Redbull drinking and such ... but I really love watching these Megaloop... it is just plain amazing.

I was at my friend Seb's place tonight and he showed me the clip on his big screen and wow... just amazing the way he can pull those megaloops in such big storm... most people would be scared to just go out kiting in such weather... you guys saw how he launches the kite !!! pretty extreme indeed.

Watching golf gets me bored but Len10... nope :nono:
totally agree with you!!for me trying to throw some loops like LEN10 gives me one more reason....it's like saying that watching Isle of Man TT is the same with motoGP!

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:37 am

nikalaitzian wrote: Have you ever try to loop in 30+?Do you know how it feels when the harness is trying to rip out your stomach?Can you imagine trying to land coming realy HOT in a washing machine waves?if you don't ,shut a F@CK UP!

every megaloop is different!!every megaloop can KILL YOU!
hey go easy on the redbull there buddy. No need to take this to the next level.

uncle sammy
Medium Poster

Postby uncle sammy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:34 am

I can see where tautologies is coming from but IMHO the main exciting thing in Len10s videos is the huge balls he has.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:32 pm

Guys,
tautologies is expressing his feelings same thing he does on the EPIC kites thread. I think usually this happens when people are very jealous of what other people have accomplished. It is called: ENVY. But I think he means no arm.
:allbegood:

Return to “Kitesurfing”