*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Wakestyle Board
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:19 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:06 pm
Posts: 7
Hi guys,
What is the best wakestyle board to buy if I want to wakeboard at parks and bust wakestyle moves with kitesurfing? And what kind of boots?
Thanks!


{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wakestyle Board
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:41 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:24 pm
Posts: 220
So many people, so many answers!

There are a lot of great wakestyle boards for behind a cable and for kitesurfing.

The one I like a lot is the Aboards W-series.

Great build quality to hit sliders and obstacles.
Stiff enough to cope with the power and for pop.
A good amount of rocker for smooth landings.
Inserts that can cope with the amount of stress that bindings put on them!! So they don't pop out or come out of the board.
Delivers a good grip in the water without fins!


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wakestyle Board
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:19 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:13 pm
Posts: 936
Get two boards. Wake for wake and a kite for kite. Yes you can use one for the other but you will be giving up performance for the cable. Kite boards are too flexi and too fast at the cable. Plus they cost twice as much and are not really made for the abuse they will take on rails. It's way cheaper to just buy a used wakeboard for like 100 than trash a new kite board that cost 600+.

Ronix are the most comfortable but wear really fast. Every brand has pretty good boots probably just best to get what you can locally or a pair of last years close outs for the cheap.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wakestyle Board
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:00 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:08 pm
Posts: 39
TheJoe wrote:
Get two boards. Wake for wake and a kite for kite. Yes you can use one for the other but you will be giving up performance for the cable. Kite boards are too flexi and too fast at the cable. Plus they cost twice as much and are not really made for the abuse they will take on rails. It's way cheaper to just buy a used wakeboard for like 100 than trash a new kite board that cost 600+.

Ronix are the most comfortable but wear really fast. Every brand has pretty good boots probably just best to get what you can locally or a pair of last years close outs for the cheap.


Exactly what he said. :thumb:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wakestyle Board
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:14 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:40 am
Posts: 465
Location: Papua New Guinea
I've ordered the nobile fifty50 wake edition board. Read their description, sounds like what you are looking for too. I use a pair of Liquid Force vantage CT boots. I like the easy in, easy out of Velcro.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wakestyle Board
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:08 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:11 pm
Posts: 126
Dustfarter wrote:
TheJoe wrote:
Get two boards. Wake for wake and a kite for kite. Yes you can use one for the other but you will be giving up performance for the cable. Kite boards are too flexi and too fast at the cable. Plus they cost twice as much and are not really made for the abuse they will take on rails. It's way cheaper to just buy a used wakeboard for like 100 than trash a new kite board that cost 600+.

Ronix are the most comfortable but wear really fast. Every brand has pretty good boots probably just best to get what you can locally or a pair of last years close outs for the cheap.


Exactly what he said. :thumb:


What they said :D


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wakestyle Board
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:45 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:41 am
Posts: 33
hi there,
i strongly recommend a larger board for wakeboarding purposes because you do not have kite support for pop; your wakeboard could be approx 2inch/6 cm longer than your kiteboard; behind the boat a wakeboard is to flat because you also want some upwind performance; wakeboards are also wider because you need boots for serious moves...also safety is important; i would not do inverts with straps because i need to protect my knees from injury

if you like kiteboards with flex your wakeboard should also have some flex- because then the feeling is very similar and they are much more dampening jumps and are more forgiving during surface moves or hard landings; also on kickers and sliders much more control... i have a lf watson hybrid 143 and a lf element 136, they are perfect size for me (105kg; 180cm)- if you are around 80kg go for 133(straps)/138

here i ride the watson on cable during a competition:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6ndBuCXxsU

regards
alex


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wakestyle Board
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:07 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:24 pm
Posts: 220
The 2012 Aboards W-series on the cable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebYptRcNKFU


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wakestyle Board
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:11 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:06 pm
Posts: 7
Best advice ever to buy two boards. I bought the new hadlow freestyle board 138 cm. Such a perfect board!! Got to test it in South South Africa for 2 weeks and was so happy with it.
Now i'm riding at the cable park in Singapore since 1.5 months and i bought an old LF grind series 140 cm board. Really happy with it as well! Thanks for the advice dudes! So to everyone who's thinking about buying a board for kitesurfing AND wake boarding: Buy 2 boards!!


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Wakestyle Board
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:03 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:13 pm
Posts: 936
jurdeblecourt94 wrote:
Best advice ever to buy two boards. I bought the new hadlow freestyle board 138 cm. Such a perfect board!! Got to test it in South South Africa for 2 weeks and was so happy with it.
Now i'm riding at the cable park in Singapore since 1.5 months and i bought an old LF grind series 140 cm board. Really happy with it as well! Thanks for the advice dudes! So to everyone who's thinking about buying a board for kitesurfing AND wake boarding: Buy 2 boards!!


:thumb:


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: COOP, Djoubs, Google [Bot], Séb and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group