Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:10 am

Hunqi wrote:
But here is an awsome link about the new Generation of Cores:
The lines appear to be < 20m.... that should help with the kite looping I would think.
Hello Mr.frankm1960 the length of the lines they are using for these kite loops on the CORES are probably 15 meters.
The RENEGADE models comes with an extra set of 15 meter lines in the bag. So you can kite on 22 meter or with 15 meters.
Attachments
Dimitri on RENEGADE 9 surf board.jpg

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby frankm1960 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:10 am

Nice pic Mr. Dimitry... is that other guy wearing a hood? that water looks like water around here... COLD :lol:

15m lines would be so convenient especially for tight launching spots.
I'm only about 62kg.... wondering if there's any point in me using 25m lines anymore.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:46 am

frankm1960 wrote:Nice pic Mr. Dimitry... is that other guy wearing a hood? that water looks like water around here... COLD :lol:

15m lines would be so convenient especially for tight launching spots.
I'm only about 62kg.... wondering if there's any point in me using 25m lines anymore.
You do feel like you're losing some power with 15 meter. It is kind of a weird feeling with the kite. 20's are good unless you want to do that type of loop.

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:42 am

Dimitri M wrote:Thank you Mr.joriws but I did mention on my preview post that the only kite that I have seen flying in door (which means NO WIND was a very small stunt kite, that one of my friend was working on it. (see bellow statement)
I think you mean in person with own eyes? I've never seen in person Bugatti Veyron to drive 400km/h or 250mph but I still believe it is possible for that car and Top Gear TV-show drove it on video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk1t6S737Cs). :). But speedo-meter and telemetry views could be faked and did Captain Slow (in person) really drive it at that speed to raise a doubt :)

Is there any way to convince you about kite flying in 2 knots or even less via videos because proving the actual wind is not possible. I though circle videos are easy&generic proof as you cannot kite circle by walking if there is virtually any wind or wind gradient. The air is just stand still. And the kite flies by power you provide to it by walking. Similar to your experience seeing your friend's stunt kite flying indoors.

I've a lot of helmet cam footage where I snowkite virtually in no wind, latest one from last Sunday. But the problem is that you "reflect" what you see to your experience and think it is not possible and I am doing some video gimmic to prove it. I reflect it to my experience what is possible with me personally (not seeing or youtubing) flying a kite circle out door or moving over 30km/h on those conditions.

It would be nice challenge for you to be first(?) LEI factory to have so efficient & balanced kites to allow full 360 degree circle flown and prove it via video (because I cannot come to Hatteras to see it in person). I think steady flying at 4 knots of Inf v3 to be awesome achievement and I have to chew it via video. And I have to believe that you are not doing gimmics like filming wind meter showing 0 knots then exchange clips showing kite in air which is filmed at 10 knots. But kite sitting in zenith in supposed to be 4 knots wind raises my doubt about gradients etc. Seeing a 3rd person video of Infinity to do a full kite circle(s) would be unbeatable proof in my mind that kite can fly in walking speeds.

Even more out of topic, but.. Kite circle can be done in higher wind speeds as well, have you ever seen this video?
https://vimeo.com/20478562 and look carefully at 0:45 as it is easiest to see what they are doing. It is done multiple times, first one on 0:20, then 3:16 switching directions for 2 circles etc..

But I agree that above is irrelevant to the main topic and I am eager to see the final side-by-side video with Dimitri and CorEz (sorry Supa :) ) together agree that resulting video is unbiased. With unbiased I mean that editor has not chosen clips which shows one kite in good and other kite in bad. So I apologize this a bit out of topic chit-chat while we are waiting for the real thing. :)

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:36 am

Hello Mr.frankm1960,
25 or 24 meter lines are good also if you are looking to boost. But from my experience the best length for lines are 22 meters. So you can get good power, fast turning kites and a good explosion from boosting. But it also depends on the performance of the kites. You can't just get any kites and put shorter lines because it might start doing weird things. 20 meter lines are also great but you start loosing on the jumping, same thing with 18 meter lines. The JUDGE kites comes also with an extra set of 18 meter lines in the bags, so you can use 18 meter or 22 meters.
After a lot of R&D, I found out that for wave riding the 15 meter lines were the best size length if you are looking to venture in the waves. And this is why all the RENEGADES come with an extra set of 15 meters because they are my WAVE kites. But also they give you a great feeling for Kite Loops.
So in few words the shorter lines you go with, the less power you will get on your kite. So let's say you have only a RENEGADE 9 and suddenly the wind picks up to 30 +++ knots and you are getting over powered on the 9 meter kite, all you have to do is change the lines to 15 meter lines and it will make the kite less powerful. It will feel like an 8 meter kite. But again you will have to get use to it because the momentum and stroke of the kite will be different then using 25, 22 or 20 meter lines.

Ok now, let's get back to the topic: "Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims"
Attachments
Dimitri waveriding.jpg
Dimitri on R7.jpg
IMG_6383 3.jpg

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:16 pm

Before we go back to BS LW claims

I would like to suggest 2-4 seconds (max) of silence in remembrance of our 'fallen" tennis hero

One year ago today he "fell" victim to this very hazardous non aquatic sport

For those who believe what they "see"

Look up on KF thread "Renegade INF V2 light wind machine" on page 9

Now let's all be supa quiet.........ok..... that's enough :wink:

Get 100% well soon

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:39 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Mr. SupaEz, you mean 2 to 4 knots max. Ok time's up. Let's get back to the "EPIC INFINITY & BULLSHIT LIGHT WIND CLAIMS".
Attachments
DIMITRI'S TORN ACHILLES TENDON.JPG
DIMITRI'S TORN ACHILLES TENDON.JPG (13.43 KiB) Viewed 1284 times

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:21 pm

That must've hurt :o

yes.. back to BS lite wind claims... we're losing focus here :lol:

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:51 am

frankm1960 wrote:yes.. back to BS lite wind claims... we're losing focus here :lol:
No :!:
Just redirecting the awerenes to the new Strutless Kite, Ha...Ha...Ha... :lol:
I've been bitching for 6 years about the heavy weight of inflatable kites
and none of the big brands were capable to reduce the weight of kites :naughty:
Finally the 13m Strutless reduced to "around 3.5 lbs" :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Looks like the 17m no Bullsh!t for light winds :nono:

DrLW

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:34 am

DrLightWind wrote:
frankm1960 wrote:yes.. back to BS lite wind claims... we're losing focus here :lol:
No :!:
Just redirecting awerenes to the new Strutless Kite, Ha...Ha...Ha... :lol:
I've been bitching for 6 years about the weight of inflatable kites
and none of the big brand was capable to reduce the weight of kites :naughty:
And finally the 13m Strutless reduced to "around 3.5 lbs" :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Looks like no Bullsh!t for light winds :nono:

DrLW
Send that small 3.5 pounder for a side by side against a (much larger) LW specific 10.5 lbs LEI

And no one will be surprised by the results

That is because LW is 7-8-9kn max...and 8kn is best to test and put BS LW to rest.. in my opinion

...........no smilies.... at this time..........DR LW your 21m weighs 8.6 lbs
Last edited by SupaEZ on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”