Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Len10 doing it again, this time even higher!!!

Forum for kitesurfers
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Re: Len10 doing it again, this time even higher!!!

Postby edt » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:06 pm

production values on this clip are too low. Lenten is absolutely amazing, if the viddy doesn't capture it, don't blame reuben blame the producer for not capturing it better. His previous videos look better because they were better produced.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby frankm1960 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:55 pm

I hope he never quits doing what he does :)

but i really wish they would publish some specs with the videos... wind speed, kite/board size, rider weight etc.. I'm a little bit of a tech head I guess.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:06 pm

frankm1960 wrote:I hope he never quits doing what he does :)

but i really wish they would publish some specs with the videos... wind speed, kite/board size, rider weight etc.. I'm a little bit of a tech head I guess.
you can tell looking at the viddy, 40knots+ slingshot lunacy 129, 7m slingshot fuel, he's about 160 pounds

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:32 am

nikalaitzian wrote:the reason i think it is a douchebag thing to say is that there are only a few people in the world who will go out in those conditions and do that. it is something to be respected. sure i can come on here and say "i do not agree" but that wouldn't do my disagreement any justice. taut's comments caused me to feel that he is being a bit of a guy and so i felt fine in calling him out as such.

yes, he is entitled to his opinions but when you come on a forum and show disrespect for the accomplishments of another you put yourself in the firing line. i am all for expressing your opinion but know that there are others who are going to have an opinion of your opinion. not saying he is a bad guy or anything but sometimes it is best to keep opinions to oneself.
EXCUSE me !!!!! There is only one at this time who is doing such things .... all the others (including me) staying in our cars or in a shelter cause the wind is so strong that can blind you

P.S. even if it looks easy for him ALWAYS can be a material failure (kite riped apart,broken line,CL accidently released,spreader breakage and many more) that you cant predict even if you check your gear before going in .... it happend to me and almost got killed[/quote]
That's not the point - we're talking about the entertainment factor of the video, not the accomplishments displayed therein.

I don't think Taut ever said or meant to imply that it was "easy", merely that he found the videos of Len10 doing his thing repetitive, which is a valid opinion about the video itself. If he said it looked easy (rather than "he makes it look easy") that would be an inaccurate opinion.

A douchy thing to say, on the other hand, would be something like "Len10 is giving our sport a bad name and doing stunts like that gets spots closed."

Of course... I might be wrong... :remybussi:

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:56 am

kamikuza,

actually he said,

"Lenter drinking redbull...saying how crazy he is...then...
Up..then loop. Up...then loop.

Sorry.

for such bad ass riding that is a DOUCHY thing to say. :nono:

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:03 am

I could tell the 7m fuel from the video with certainty but the other stuff not so much.
Would he be a 160lbs before or after the 6pk of redbull ? :lol:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:27 am

coleman wrote: taut's comments caused me to feel that he is being a bit of a guy and so i felt fine in calling him out as such.
..and that makes you what?
:-)
yes, he is entitled to his opinions but when you come on a forum and show disrespect for the accomplishments of another you put yourself in the firing line. i am all for expressing your opinion but know that there are others who are going to have an opinion of your opinion. not saying he is a bad guy or anything but sometimes it is best to keep opinions to oneself.
Yeah but if you read what I actually wrote, like has been mentioned I am not really disrespecting someones accomplishment...well maybe the guy who edited the video for not trying a new angle..new story...anything really.

I totally know it is hard to pull the trigger on that. I've tried it a few times without much success..and a few complete failures..this was back in the day...and it hurt like shit leaving me completely battered, bruised and unable to kite for days.

Coleman: That is taken out of context. Right above it I say these videos look all the same to me..then I am explaining what that the same is. I guess you could manage to read into it whatever you want, but I am not usually criticizing anyones style. I am just saying it looks the same as his last videos.

am not sure why you guys are getting so defensive about this? oh well what can you do.

Dimitri: Thanks for your analysis. Its a genius nugget of wisdom and insight to the human psyche as usual. Much appreciated. :-)

Nikelyzian: Lenten is far from the only one who does that move. He does it very well, but most of the guys on the circuit can do that....I've seen "regular" guys on Maui pull that..and yes much more impressive in real life...most pro riders for the bigger brands I think could do it. But hey that is what I believe.

H53Driver
Medium Poster

Postby H53Driver » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:01 am

Be the monkey, do the trick, get the banana :thumb:

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:21 am

Taut,
I'll just say this. I can appreciate your comments about the video quality but your original comment came across as a little arrogant and generally negative when that video for me and most others is fun to watch and basically jaw dropping. (for me at least).

Not trying to start a bunch of shit but I sometimes get tired of people getting all bit picky on this forum and I guess it rubs me the wrong way and then I start getting all nit picky myself.

No worries man. Have a good day bro. Hope you get some good winds and good sun.

C

FabsPH
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Oahu, S shore
Favorite Beaches: Oahu S shore, Mokuleia,
Style: Free style wave
Gear: Eclipse, Underground
Brand Affiliation: Eclipse, Underground

Postby FabsPH » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:17 am

holy crap, guys!
I guess a forum is not for opinions, but for bashing someones .
Get a grip. Len10 is sick, video is cool, but nothing new. By sick I mean (as said before) "big balls"

He got hurt bad and hes back doing this stuff. I got hurt, I quit doing this stuff, but i do not get paid doing that either.
Anyway, let's all agree to disagree .
PS: Where is the long vid?
TUT :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”