UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby UKSurf » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:00 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Tiago1973,
The difference from the INFINITY V2 vs the FAT LADY is that the INFINITY v2 turns faster and has better pop. But the power is piratically the same after testing them.
Now the INFINITY V3 is something different.
:thumb:
Why did Momi design an inferior kite for Blade? :roll: I honestly think this claiming your kites are superior to everyone else's will only backfire. If it is better at one thing then it will be worse at something else, most people appreciate that kite design these days is about finely balanced trade-offs NOT one kite being better than another.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:57 pm

Dimitri M wrote: But the power is piratically the same after testing them.
That is the word of the day............ "PIRATICALLY".....comparing the V2 and Fat Lady 2012

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:18 pm

UKSurf wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:Tiago1973,
The difference from the INFINITY V2 vs the FAT LADY is that the INFINITY v2 turns faster and has better pop. But the power is piratically the same after testing them.
Now the INFINITY V3 is something different.
:thumb:
Why did Momi design an inferior kite for Blade? :roll: I honestly think this claiming your kites are superior to everyone else's will only backfire. If it is better at one thing then it will be worse at something else, most people appreciate that kite design these days is about finely balanced trade-offs NOT one kite being better than another.
I read from an expert rider of Blade kites about the difference between Fat Lady 2012 and the V2

FL has better low end...goes upwind better...jumps higher and further

CEO of Epic says his kite turns faster and has better pop

So choose your weapon of choice wisely

As far as the V3 and our side by side comparison ..
..i confirmed that it does not have equal power to my 19...i got going faster..higher..sooner..longer

Why would anyone think they can possibly match with their small kite the power of my big kite ?

I think he came over (junior) to "size me up"....

I believe that Mr.SupaEZ (senior) surprised him with the handling of his huge square meterage

........................this message (approved or not) is emoticon free.........................................

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:35 am

Well Mr.UKSurf Momi did not design an inferior kite. I think in English we call this "Refining". The INFINITY V2 was the second generation of the INFINITY models and the FAT LADY was the 1st generation. Now BLADE has a new FAT LADY and we are working on a new version of the INFINITY which is the "V3". Again these kites are different but do work very good in light wind conditions.
Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Been thanked: 0

Postby Geronimo79 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:56 am

@ UKsurf

Dont forget that the epic kites are designed from a Dimitri point of view with the characteristics Dimitri want to see in a kite. Same goes for Blade. The owner wants specific characteristics in the kite and thats what he gets.

This on his own will make the kites totally different. Next to that the kites usually are different aswell. Momi definitly didnt make an inferior kite for anyone. But an endresult to what the brand wanted. Both kites are really good. But personally i think many of the kites out there are really good. But i dont like all the characteristics of some kites.

The Infinity v2 i have happens to be a kite i like very much. It gives me the lowend i was looking for and still is fun to me because the kite is relative fast and agile. I tried other brands aswell and many of the kites didnt came close to what i liked, feeling and performance.
This year i cant wait to try the V3 to see if i can feel and notice the differences. I dont expect to be able to ride in less then 7 knots at all. But thats most because my weight. I would be very happy with a lowend of 8/9 knots (on a lightwind specific board maybe the oxygen).

Atleast sofar the videos i've seen its impressive the kite even flys and then even moves. Nobody says its really kiting/fun in less then 5/6 knots on a SUP. But the fact its even possible is nice.

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Tiago1973 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:32 am

not so important but a bit confused here

think it is:
infinity = fat lady (1st gen)
infinity v2 (currently on sale) = fat lady (2nd gen, currently on sale)
infinity v3 still a proto

as a matter of fact i think fat lady (1st gen) was released a few months prior than infinity. but not sure.

still, agree it´s 2 different kites but not miles apart

a couple of LW kites: Ozone Zeypher, North Dyno, SS Turbine, Speed, Epic Infinity, Blade FL, Core xx?, Naish Fly

The Epic/Blade combo share the same philosophy -> fun in LW even if at expense of some LW up-wind performance and other things. In this respect I think they were marketed for a different rider that would go for a North Dino or a FS Speed.

Their design approach is also very similar -> 3 struts, mid AR, super thin LE and struts, light weight. Really different than a North Dyno or the others.

This is why I am saying the Epic / Blade are similar LW kites in their feeling (as if they were "family" once you consider all the other options in the market), with some trade-offs here and there

FL is a super fun LW kite, pretty sure Infinity is also v good too

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:48 am

:
Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:03 am

Easy guys.... We are all here to enjoy this sport we love so much.....
But so you know we make Tank Tops for light wind kiters also. And guess what!!!! This is a (M) size.
Attachments
photo 2.jpg

ym
Medium Poster
Style: Wake

Postby ym » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:53 am

I don't know if this helps those who are comparing the Fatlady and Infinity....

I have a friend who owned both Fatlady and Infinity V2. He is a lightwind chaser and any day that is light wind, he is out there. I can honestly say that he is looking for that ultimate light wind kite...
To sum up the story, he sold the Fatlady after owning for 1 week... Fatlady just did not have the speed not power of Infinity. He loves that Infinity. (and to be fair, he had no brand loyalty at all... he truly wants a kite that performs well in light wind...)
True story....

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:12 am

:
Last edited by L0KI on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”