Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

forum for kitesurfers


SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:Your ego is so out of control, it's shocking.
Dimitri came to Florida to do demos and visit his dealers, like he's does every winter.
So he can kite where it's warm and call it work! :wink:
He came to your beach so you and your big buddy could get a ride.


I will go back to topic soon..but first.........................drum rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

What was "not shocking" was to meet a skilled expert LW enthusiast...
... with an identical "fun" out of control ego....(mirror mirror on the wall..who has bigger ego : neither)

This winter was different because he made a special trip North from his dealers..
... to meet Mr. nice guy...and got a free vision screening in the process that revealed a secret

He came to Cocoa Beach to prove the V3's claims (which are really good in 4kn steady)...
...but when it came to LW performance with direct onshore ocean wind 7-8-9kn max..
..i got going earlier...and got going longer...no kite sinin from either of us..we both parked it

Since our LW skills are soooo matched...and let's say he was on my 19 and his LW TT...
...he would have got going earlier and longer...and i would have had some difficulties keeping up..
...just like he did against me ....if i was on his V3 and on my board

My buddy 14Toe approved the results but could not witness live because he was stuck busy at work

............................ 0 emos ..........................................................................................

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 896
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:16 am
Kiting since: 1999
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby 14ToeSide » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:46 pm

Nah. Got to have IMMODIUM CONS!! :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :superfly: :superfly: :superfly: :superfly: :shout: :shout: :shout: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :jap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :advise: :advise: :advise: :advise: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :anon: :anon: :anon: :anon: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :strong: :strong: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :virus: :virus: :virus: :dontpanic: :dontpanic: :dontpanic: :dontpanic: :duel: :duel: :duel: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :party1: :party1: :party1: :party1: :prison: :prison: :prison: :prison: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :decision: :desperado: :desperado:

User avatar
KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 624
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:52 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Tennessee

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby KYLakeKiter » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:58 pm

14ToeSide wrote:Nah. Got to have IMMODIUM CONS!! :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :superfly: :superfly: :superfly: :superfly: :shout: :shout: :shout: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :jap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :advise: :advise: :advise: :advise: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :anon: :anon: :anon: :anon: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :strong: :strong: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :virus: :virus: :virus: :dontpanic: :dontpanic: :dontpanic: :dontpanic: :duel: :duel: :duel: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :party1: :party1: :party1: :party1: :prison: :prison: :prison: :prison: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :decision: :desperado: :desperado:


Great emoticon collection and even better "IMMODIUM Con" pun. They definitely make all the crap more pleasant to deal with. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumb:

User avatar
Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 pm
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Venice, Florida

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Flight Time » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:26 pm

SupaEZ wrote:What was "not shocking" was to meet a skilled expert LW enthusiast...
... with an identical "fun" out of control ego....(mirror mirror on the wall..who has bigger ego : neither)


That's right, neither of you have a bigger ego than the other. The difference is that Dimitri's ego makes everyone around him want to talk to him and shake his hand. Yours, from what I have seen, only makes those around you want to re-arrange your dental work.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1230
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:48 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby frankm1960 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:50 pm

SupaEZ wrote:Since our LW skills are soooo matched...and let's say he was on my 19 and his LW TT...
...he would have got going earlier and longer...and i would have had some difficulties keeping up..
...just like he did against me ....if i was on his V3 and on my board


So you never actually tried the V3 out on the water? :o
Isn't that the whole point of kite demo's?

All of what you say above is your opinion since none of those things actually happened... we can all agree on that...right?

User avatar
Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 pm
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Venice, Florida

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Flight Time » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:01 pm

frankm1960 wrote:
SupaEZ wrote:Since our LW skills are soooo matched...and let's say he was on my 19 and his LW TT...
...he would have got going earlier and longer...and i would have had some difficulties keeping up..
...just like he did against me ....if i was on his V3 and on my board


So you never actually tried the V3 out on the water? :o
Isn't that the whole point of kite demo's?

All of what you say above is your opinion since none of those things actually happened... we can all agree on that...right?


He was so busy stroking his own ego, he forgot to do what he was there to do. I think he was worried that if he tried it, he would like and buy it, and then he'd be recognized out flying it one day, and he'd be outed for the loud-mouthed hipocrite he is. :roll:

User avatar
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4524
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 1999
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 10/12/14 for Free Style
RENEGADE 7/9 for Wave riding. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 40+ for the waves.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Location: OUTER BANKS (NC) USA. Owner of EPICKITES
Contact:

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:20 pm

Guys please let's concentrate on the "INFINITY BULLSHIT LIGHT WIND CLAIMS" topic, since few people still don't beleive it until they try it.
:thumb:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Guys please let's concentrate on the "INFINITY BULLSHIT LIGHT WIND CLAIMS" topic, since few people still don't beleive it until they try it.
:thumb:


Well said mon ami !...lets all keep "focused"...let's not lose "sight"..this is not a "contact" sport

You don't see either of us using vulgar language while discussing our views...we act professional

He did not switch and take my 19 ...and i did not switch and take his proto V3.......
.....because the wind dropped too low after our only 7 minutes water side by side in 7-8-9kn max

We both had to come in when the wind dropped to 5-6-7kn with lulls to 4kn

Neither kites feel out of the sky...both remain very steady and stable without bar input

The wind never picked back up for session #2 and to do a switch of kites

We did some land kite tricks flying side by side...reversed launches in 5kn etc...etc...

At some point we did switch boards but neither could go in steady 6kn onshore

I did fly his kite on the beach and he flew mine and we had some heel dragging fun in the sand

I cannot call BS on the 2kn or 3kn Claim-o-rama drama because it never got that looooooooow

The onshore wind speed we had that afternoon 4kn min-5kn-6kn-7kn-8kn-9kn max for showdown

I have nothing to do with the video that will come up "hopefully" soon....will be a 321 surprise

I hope it will have when we were doing synchronized kite loops and straight down kite dives......
.....with last second kite turns right back up...we had so much fun trying to out do each other

......still holding back on the smilie....for those still not happy give EGGO waffles a try...............

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2610
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:17 am
Kiting since: 0
Gear: |

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby L0KI » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:19 pm

:
Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:55 pm

Back to topic broken record.......plus i want to make this thread at 500 posts !!

Let me talk slower...when..it..comes..to..light wind..not high wind..i..am..equally..as..good as..Dimitri

Why..is..it..so..difficult..for..you..to..comprehend ?

Now...if...i said...i was...better.. than him...that...would...be...bragging...to say...the least

We ....are...talking....only...about...kite...power...which mine as more...and got me going earlier

He..challenged...a...bigger kite with more projected area...than will get anyone going earlier

What is...so ..hard to understand ?

Compare a 14 versus a 12...which one gets going earlier in lesser amount of wind

Compare a 12 versus a 10...same question...and who has to stop riding first if the wind backs off

Simple physics...don't get emotional on us...breathe


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bushflyr, Exabot [Bot], RobH, tab77 and 12 guests