coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kite w/lightest bar pressure bcuz of hand injury

Postby coleman » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:50 am

Westozzy wrote:
Hey to the other edge rider how much do you weigh for those wind ranges? Must agree though the more wind the better they perform they do indeed have an incredible high end and with the right board and technique can be ridden very low as well.

I weigh 165 lb , 74 kg. I ride a shinn monk and gintronic and a sector 52.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:50 am

Wow, that top end on your 9m edge is really impressive. I need to grow some bigger balls I think.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:40 pm

That's not a sustained 30-35. We get strong wind that is 20-30 with gusts to 35. Pulling the trigger in a gust is something I will do but only a couple of times in the session. It usually scares the shit out of me (in a good way)

C

curranj
Rare Poster

Postby curranj » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Right now i ride an 07 switchblade 8m and an 11 core gt 13.5m. Only ride lakes and rivers, hooked in, love going big, kiteloops, and hooked in tricks. Unhooked is not a possibility with my hand right now. Went out snowkiting the other day for a 1/2 hour and had to stop due to too much pain. Im seeing a chiropractor and massage therapist and hope to be healed soon but need to stick to light bar pressure kites, and hoping i wont have to sacrifice turning speed and power too much. Love high aspect, and fast turning kites and wanting to stick with a 2 kite quiver (8-9 & 11-13), weigh 180 lbs. really liked my old eclipse thrusters but the relaunch and low end sucked. Anyone have any experience with OR kites?

curranj
Rare Poster

Postby curranj » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Right now i ride an 07 switchblade 8m and an 11 core gt 13.5m. Only ride lakes and rivers, hooked in, love going big, kiteloops, and hooked in tricks. Unhooked is not a possibility with my hand right now. Went out snowkiting the other day for a 1/2 hour and had to stop due to too much pain. Im seeing a chiropractor and massage therapist and hope to be healed soon but need to stick to light bar pressure kites, and hoping i wont have to sacrifice turning speed and power too much. Love high aspect, and fast turning kites and wanting to stick with a 2 kite quiver (8-9 & 11-13), weigh 180 lbs. really liked my old eclipse thrusters but the relaunch and low end sucked. Anyone have any experience with OR kites?

curranj
Rare Poster

Postby curranj » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:19 pm

Forgot to mention im not a fan of kites with large bridles like my core gt

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn

Postby Kite2Heaven » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:37 am

If you want your arms to last longer - get used to riding on the stopper - its the same as days gone by with fark all depower...
Now go so learn how to edge and kill power again !!! Why are you idiots riding to top end, instead of changing down and then complaining ?
The new Ozone bars with no push-away stopper is a running joke - they need to get with the times ... Unless your Stupid enough to land the kite on the beach with the stopper at full power. Noob riders with years of noob experience strike again !

Mod your bar with a different chicken loop with a pushaway stopper or buy another bar...

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:15 am

Kite2Heaven wrote:If you want your arms to last longer - get used to riding on the stopper - its the same as days gone by with fark all depower...
Now go so learn how to edge and kill power again !!! Why are you idiots riding to top end, instead of changing down and then complaining ?
The new Ozone bars with no push-away stopper is a running joke - they need to get with the times ... Unless your Stupid enough to land the kite on the beach with the stopper at full power. Noob riders with years of noob experience strike again !

Mod your bar with a different chicken loop with a pushaway stopper or buy another bar...

I like riding my edges toward the top end for obvious reasons. If you have flown one then you would understand.

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn

Postby Kite2Heaven » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:41 am

And the post topic is about ....

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:25 pm

Kite2Heaven wrote:If you want your arms to last longer - get used to riding on the stopper - its the same as days gone by with fark all depower...

If this guy rides edges in these winds then I can assure you one he is no noob and two he could out edge you my friend. The edge kites demands this like no other kite. Edge or you die!

Noob, ....mate where do you get off!! Lets see you take the edge out in those winds, go on I dare you smart ass.

Even in these winds the bar pressure is light ( and by the way the reason we take them out in these winds is unlike other kites, this kite gets better and better towards its top end, its called superior aerodynamics).

That is what the topic is about. High aspect kite like the edge has light bar pressure and needn't be sined as much as it builds incredible apparent wind and can be lock off and loaded with one down stroke....oh yeh then you have to really, really edge. Never used one have ya mate!

Return to “Kitesurfing”