Style: Old School / New School / Surf strapless
Gear: Naish Torchs 12 /9 2010
Airush Razor 7m
Slingshot Fuel 5m
Clash 136
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish bar shift system 2012 and older Torches

Postby joandani » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:14 am

yea, the bar is original, but fifth line doesnt has any kind of knot to change its lenght... in the in the Y of the fifth line of the kite where u connect your line of the bar, there is only one knot, and not 2 or 3 like torchs from 2007 to 2010, 2011 i didnt looked...

I think i would do some extra knots in central the lines of the kite where u connect your lines of the bar, and then, the central lines will be reduced, but i dont understand why the original bar 2012 with its original kite 2012 make the kite collapse or stall with the bar down... and not with the 2010 bar...

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:49 am

joandani wrote:yea, the bar is original, but fifth line doesnt has any kind of knot to change its lenght... in the in the Y of the fifth line of the kite where u connect your line of the bar, there is only one knot, and not 2 or 3 like torchs from 2007 to 2010, 2011 i didnt looked...

I think i would do some extra knots in central the lines of the kite where u connect your lines of the bar, and then, the central lines will be reduced, but i dont understand why the original bar 2012 with its original kite 2012 make the kite collapse or stall with the bar down... and not with the 2010 bar...
That sounds about right. Mine flew perfect with one knot. Make sure everything else is good. On fully sheeted in the wingtips are slightly pinched. Not much tho

Lanc
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Cape Town
Favorite Beaches: Paje, Zanzibar
Green Island, Antigua
Low Bay, Barbuda
Style: Wave and Old School
Gear: Switchblade/Nomad/Drifter/Pivot/Rebel/Nitro
Underground FLX 132
F-One Mitu Monteiro Pro
Has thanked: 0

Postby Lanc » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:07 pm

joandani wrote:but i dont understand why the original bar 2012 with its original kite 2012 make the kite collapse or stall with the bar down... and not with the 2010 bar...
I would go query that with the shop you purchased the kite from. Ask them if you can borrow another 2012 bar (demo bar) and see if the bar you have is really the issue. If you do not have a shop near by maybe another 2012 bar owner from your local spot could let you test their bar.

My 2012 bar worked perfectly with my 2012 torch. I did not notice any knots on the center line either for adjusting length. You could tie a figure of eight knot or two close to the connection point in the stitched part of the line to shorten it but that's not going to help you if you need to lengthen it.

Have you read the owners manual http://www.naishkites.com/2012/download ... Manual.pdf (size:25MB) section about tuning the kite. The manual should have come in a printed copy in the kite bag.

jbastos
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jbastos » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:26 pm

I have both a 2010 and a 2012 bar

With all line fully stretched and the trim/adjuster fully depowered
- the 2010 bar touches the chickenloop
- the 2012 bar is half way the power line

The 2010 bar is correct, the 2012 not.

This said, it is also interesting to hear what naish thinks:
viewtopic.php?t=2327925&p=328455

Eventual (small) differences between kites of different years should be adjusted at the kite with different pigtails...

Return to “Kitesurfing”