Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:09 pm

Oldnbroken wrote: As we all know, the Sector 60 (like the lightwind directional board Supa used) allows a kiter to plane and go upwind with far less kite.
60 means 60cm wide (by the way Oldnbroken i talking about the board that UKsurf rides)
My board was only 0.5cm wider that Dimitri's at 47.5 with only 44cm effective max flat width
My board is a twin fin 14cm
Effective waterline length 125cm....39cm is the nose of board not touching the water ever
His board is a 135cm
So we are pretty close
I weigh 14 pounds less which is not that much less
His kite works best on shorter lines because it sits deeper in the window
Longer lines will just pull him downwind and not really help
Our kites were both parked in the test
The wind was directly onshore in ocean at 7-8-9kn average 8kn
Dimitri makes it clear that the ideal wind is 7-8-9-10-11 average 9kn for best performance

.......................... :surf: :sun: ....................................................................................................................
Last edited by SupaEZ on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kite2Heaven » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Hey Supa

You really are a basket case! Being so fixated on numbers - Do you know how many seconds minutes hours days you have left till you Die ? You remind me of a bitter and twisted old O.C.D croanie at my local who races and can do nothing but complain with analogies why he cant make the final cut... Start living and stop counting :advise:
Last edited by Kite2Heaven on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:15 pm

Come on keep it a little bit nice please. :angryfire:

@ Supa, as far as i can tell a Sector 60 is a huge board. Friends of mine ridden the V2 with that in measured 5/7 knots. Making a kiteschool and their students very jalouse. But thats a different story.

I dont get your math in the last post. I'm probably overlooking something or your jugling with numbers. :jump:

When your sector is 60cm wide and the oxygen is 47. How is that only 0,5cm wider? sounds more like 13cm difference. For the oxygen goes the same effective range. So i dont really agree with that math. Even more the Sector is ridden as flat as possible when i'm not mistaken. So its basicly using max floatation. And if i'm not mistaken its mostely foam and its much longer aswell.
So in my humble opinion the sector has atleast twice the floatation of a Oxygen.
But your far more knowlegdable then me when it comes to these things. I can ofcourse overlook a fact.

Like i said earlier i really dont agree :argue: with much supa says. Sometimes he has some valid points but the arrogance comming from it is destroying most points to me. And i feel Supa tends to distort things for his benefit. :cry: I tested the core kites aswell and personally i wasnt impressed :baby: . The 19 has a bit more power for sure but loses most because of the slowness. And that gives the infinity just a little more edge to me :thumb: . But still both are good kites. I'm just not a fan of core i guess.

For me the videos show me how early the kite flies. In the SUP videos (not kite videos) you can see the kite flys in ridiculous lowwind. That part is impressive. Even with Dimitir handeling that thing. :thumb:

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:35 pm

Kite2Heaven wrote:Hey Supa

You really are a basket case! Being so fixated on numbers - Do you know how many seconds minutes hours days you have left till you Die ? You remind me of a bitter and twisted old O.C.D croanie at my local who races and can do nothing but complain with analogies why he cant make the final cut... Start living and stop counting :advise:

Funny, your so fixated on defending your favorite brand or showing your loyalty to Dimitri or whatever it is that drives you people to be the Epic goon squad that you never even realized why Supa is using all these numbers.... I'll give you a hint... review all of Dimitri's posts on this thread and on the infinity thread... then tell me who you think is fixated on numbers?... Which is kind of ironic since he refuses to put one on the damn kite...lol
In fact it is getting so ridiculous that I think Dimtri may actually be making fun of the way Kiters talk...
He could make a video... "things light wind kiters say" - that might be funny

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River

Postby Kite2Heaven » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:56 pm

Laughingman wrote: Funny, your so fixated on defending your favorite brand or showing your loyalty to Dimitri or whatever it is that drives you people to be the Epic goon squad
Ha ha Goon squad - I love it :thumb: your living up to your name :wink:

So anyone Experienced - who gets to the beach and goes Hmmm f*** all wind - big kite.. must be an Epic supporter... if they dont bother looking at the number on their LW kite.

That makes yourself - Supa and pump me up - Epic riders too ... awesome lets :party1:

Do your homework and find out what other kites I ride :kiss:
Last edited by Kite2Heaven on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:03 pm

Kite2Heaven wrote:
Laughingman wrote: Funny, your so fixated on defending your favorite brand or showing your loyalty to Dimitri or whatever it is that drives you people to be the Epic goon squad
Ha ha Goon squad - I love it :thumb: your living up to your name :wink:

So anyone Experienced - who gets to the beach and goes Hmmm f*** all wind - big kite.. must be an Epic supporter... if they dont bother looking at the number on their kite.

Do your homework idiot and find out what other kites I ride :kiss:
I think that was pretty much uncalled for. You seem to have some anger issues... kinda reminds me of CrazyChris before he fell off the deep end. It's a slippery slope.

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River

Postby Kite2Heaven » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:08 pm

Laughingman wrote:
I think that was pretty much uncalled for. You seem to have some anger issues... kinda reminds me of CrazyChris before he fell off the deep end. It's a slippery slope.
So how is it ok to label me - then get upset... HTFU :lol:

P.s Im doing a demo on a Lf Hifly, Fuel, Nitro2 and Ozone this week but only for one size - that must make me a "Mercinary Kiter goon" Fark yeah haa friggin ha :thumb:
Last edited by Kite2Heaven on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:20 pm

Supa
Again..we all know, any (including your) lightwind directional planes/goes upwind with much less power.
Not to mention the advantages in surf that it's shape, length/width, fins, volume/buoyancy provided.
The waterline of a 135cm twintip is not 135cm, total planing surface is much smaller than a lightwind surfboard.
Your choice did not help the kite comparison, it helped you try to prove your often repeated claim of equal lightwind expertise, which nobody (especially Dimitri) cares to question, we believe you......you da' man..fo sho'.
But it would have been great if the two of you could have at least gotten on the same board.
Was there not another Oxygen there to jump on?
Or maybe your twintip could have helped even up the line length and weight differences?
I think you forgot the CORE agenda, that day.
............................... :surf: :sun: .........................................................................................................

Last edited by L0KI on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:01 am

Geronimo79 wrote:Come on keep it a little bit nice please. :angryfire:

@ Supa, as far as i can tell a Sector 60 is a huge board. Friends of mine ridden the V2 with that in measured 5/7 knots. Making a kiteschool and their students very jalouse. But thats a different story.

I dont get your math in the last post. I'm probably overlooking something or your jugling with numbers. :jump:

When your sector is 60cm wide and the oxygen is 47. How is that only 0,5cm wider? sounds more
Thank you Geronimo...and sorry for the confusion..i will edit that previous post right now
I do not have a sector 60
Oldnbroken's quote was from a response with "UK surf who owns that board "and rides a 14

The board i was on is narrow and short...same efficiency as the Oxygen V2 IMO..no better
Made by North 2011 model and the name of it is Freerace

............... :surf: :sun: ................................................................................................

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:41 am

Hello Laughingman and Happy New Year. What happened this fall. You said you were coming down to the Outer Banks. I had a place for you and your wife to stay but never heard back from you!!!! I hope you are OK. Any way hope to see you this Spring in Hatteras. Email me once you know the dates. Can't wait for you to demo all the EPIC product.
:thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”