lobodomar
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby lobodomar » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:01 am

Oldnbroken wrote: .
2011 North Free Race
The Free Race is a 5'3" twin-fin directional that bridges the gap between race and free ride. It will get you up and going in lighter wind than a surfboard without the typical constraints of a full-on race board. The super flat rocker, wide blocky tail and optimized swept-back twin-fins get you flying upwind in a light breeze, while a slightly rounder outline and surf-influenced rail shape keep things loose and free through the chop.
This is pure marketing BS.
I own a 2011 north freerace and can garantee that its low-end is worse than any of my surfboards.
It's short, narrow and has no buoyancy at all - and has nothing to do with a Sector.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Has thanked: 0

Postby frankm1960 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:06 am

Pump me up wrote:There IS a simple way to put to rest ridiculous claims by Epic or any other kite company: BUY THEIR KITES. If they don't perform in 2-4 knots on a SUP or whatever - let alone below 7-8 knots (and they won't), then return them. A "class action" against these companies, perhaps using this forum as a meeting point, will force these companies to be more truthful with their advertising.

OK... since it's your idea... you go first :lol:
Didn't Mr. Dimitry offer to send you a V3 a while back?
I guess you'd rather just pound on your keyboard.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:26 am

Dimitri M wrote:Hello Mr.frankm1960,
You can ride a Twin Tip board such as the OXYGEN 135X47cm on the INFINITY V2 in (7 to 10 knots) and have fun. But it cannot be 4 to 7 knots. It has to be from (7 to 9-10-11 knots). And that is if you are around 160 to 180 lbs. If you are a lighter person you might be able to ride it in (6 to 9 knots). I am 180 lbs and I have kited on the INFINITY v2 on a Twin Tip in 5 to 7 knots but that was no fun at all because I could not do anything, only back and forth and trying to stay up wind. And that was on a Twin Tip (135x47cm).

Nice video :thumb:
I bet I could have gone in that! :jump: 140lbs... probably be over powered in 10kts tho :lol:
We get a lot of 7-10kts around here...

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:46 am

....Now on a personal note for Dimitri... If as they say - I am associated to Epic kites - then can you please tell me why I pay full retail for anything i buy from Epic ?.....
Dear Mr.Kite2Heaven,
One of the reason you are paying full retail for the EPIC product is just because of the 2 kids I have to put through college and we all know how expensive this can get.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:45 am

:
Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:47 am

PumpMeUp - you mad bro? Whiners like you give kitesurfing (or any sport for that matter) a bad name. I can see the vein in the middle of your red faced forehead popping out right now as your already sky high blood pressure rockets towards a lethal level. Why do you have such an inferiority complex regarding Dimitri? Don't try to explain away what I am saying by calling me an EPIC supporter. That's a cop out bro. Rise to the challenge. Stop whining and crying so much.

Just because I'm doing jumping jacks in your brain and using it as my personal playground doesn't mean you have to make stuff up. The screen you are looking at isn't even real. It's just a projection of symbols you are interpreting to mean something. You are not even real. You are the author of the story you are telling to yourself.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:32 am

57 pages... you working for Epic as a promoter now, Pump-a-chump? :jump:

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:59 am

lobodomar wrote:
2011 North Free Race
The Free Race is a 5'3" twin-fin directional that bridges the gap between race and free ride. It will get you up and going in lighter wind than a surfboard without the typical constraints of a full-on race board. The super flat rocker, wide blocky tail and optimized swept-back twin-fins get you flying upwind in a light breeze, while a slightly rounder outline and surf-influenced rail shape keep things loose and free through the chop.
I own a 2011 north freerace and can garantee that its low-end is worse than any of my surfboards.
It's short, narrow and has no buoyancy at all - and has nothing to do with a Sector.
Surely NO brand would not talk BS about there product and big it up!? :lol:

This is a vid from here last summer, no doubt people will pick away and find a problem with it but there ya go I enjoyed it.
I was on the 2009 race board and this gets me going in very light winds, maybe not straight up on the plane but once it gets going it makes a huge difference and as you can see I had to depower the kite. The rest of the guys didnt even bother pumping up there kites.
I generally want around 11 knots to start to have fun on my tt

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:09 pm

lobodomar wrote:
2011 North Free Race
Thank you :D
Finally someone who owned that board
That board is not EZ to ride at all...it is like being on a banana peel and needs to be edged perfect
Freerace is JUST the name of that board...so all should stop being hung up on the "name"

To me it is like a "twintip directional" and in NO WAY more efficient than Dimitri's great TT
Look at the tail it is similar to LW TT with 2 fins in the back and it barely floats (less than 1 3/4")
I just like jibing,going toeside,do turns on a dime, do directional transitions on that board
The widest flat spot area is 44cm only !!!

My kite did all the difference...more power...more pull on the lines...moves the kiter faster on water
It does not keep pulling you at 90 degrees to the wind in 7-8-9 kn
It actually "pulls you" upwind of beam reach and gets you away from shoreline in onshore LW

Pretty important feature if you want to claim LW supremacy IMO

....now let's hear more from the peanut gallery of critics :wink: ................... :surf: :sun: ..................

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:36 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:
lobodomar wrote:I own a 2011 North FreeRace and can gaurantee that it's low-end is worse than any of my surfboards. It's short, narrow and has no buoyancy at all
Supa uses his for 8 knot sessions and leaves his other two surfboards home for the higher wind days...as he just stated on the last page.
I will take that to mean, it is the board that goes out the lightest of the boards in his quiver.

Point is, his FreeRace was not a good match against a 135cm lightwind freestyle twintip, they are not equal.

It actually does "not go in less wind" than my 2011 North Whip Quad 5'7" x 18 5/8 wide x 2 1/8"

It is for me more technical, challenging and is more FUN to do quick direction changes on a dime

It is quite short at 5'3" with "only"125cm of it's length actually in the water when riding

Dimitri had a wide surfboard in his car....also had 5m extensions to put on

He knew he had a better chance riding the glassy inside on TT with kite close to sand

I rode in the chop and occasional white water where there was actually less wind speed :wink:

On direct onshore LW the wind strength is always more close to the beach...always..he knows that

Boards were a match since we both rode "on different water surfaces" in similar wind at same time

.................now let's see a rebuttal to that ....please analyze everything..... :surf: :sun: ..................

Return to “Kitesurfing”