Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:50 pm

YEAH DR.LW ...........i have a name for those conditions........MAGIC WIND :wink:

I get those primarily in the ocean on SSE to S winds (totally sideshore)
ZERO evidence of wind whatsoever on the water...no whitecaps....no ripples even.....glasssssssssy

At rigging time on the beach it feels like 4-5kn on my body and when i launch my kite from the sand

But once my kite gets up overhead i feel the pull to be 7-9kn....but wait there is more !!

Once on the water and as i get away from beach the wind pulls me as if it was blowing 9-11kn !!!!

To an observer sitting on the beach crossover it looks surreal....to them i am ripping in 4-5kn :D

I have experienced that on my 19m2 a multitude of times...those sessions you never forget :thumb:

......0 BS.......0 Windmeter needed......Oh Oh Oh it's magic ...truth is.. :wink: i was really in 9-11kn

.. :surf: :sun: :surf: :sun: :surf: :sun: :surf: :sun: :surf: :sun: :surf: :sun: :surf: :sun: :surf: :sun:

Olivier D
Medium Poster
Gear: Epic Screamer 2010 9m
Slingshot Lunacy
Brand Affiliation: EPIC

Postby Olivier D » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:15 pm

SupaEZ wrote:YEAH DR.LW ...........i have a name for those conditions........MAGIC WIND :wink:

ZERO evidence of wind whatsoever on the water...no whitecaps....no ripples even.....glasssssssssy

At rigging time on the beach it feels like 4-5kn on my body and when i launch my kite from the sand

But once my kite gets up overhead i feel the pull to be 7-9kn....but wait there is more !!

Once on the water and as i get away from beach the wind pulls me as if it was blowing 9-11kn !!!!

To an observer sitting on the beach crossover it looks surreal....to them i am ripping in 4-5kn :D

I have experienced that on my 19m2 a multitude of times...those sessions you never forget :thumb:

......0 BS.......0 Windmeter needed......Oh Oh Oh it's magic ...truth is.. :wink: i was really in 9-11kn

.. :surf: :sun: :surf: :sun: :surf: :sun: :surf: :sun: :surf: :sun: :surf: :sun: :surf: :sun: :surf: :sun:

:bravo:

jrfiol
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cayo Enrique, La Parguera; Montones Beach, Isabela; Dorado Beach, Dorado.
Favorite Beaches: Not yet.
Style: waverider, freestyle
Gear: Slingshot RPM 10, Darko 135. I also have a Liquid Force Havoc 12 and Rally 14M.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jrfiol » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Where is the video "321" was gonna edit and post?

I congratulate u all on the new Soap Forum, very entertaining... I dont' kite unless there are at least 15kts, but haven't missed a post on this subject!

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:58 pm

jrfiol wrote:Where is the video "321" was gonna edit and post?

I congratulate u all on the new Soap Forum, very entertaining... I dont' kite unless there are at least 15kts, but haven't missed a post on this subject!
Thanks "jrfiol" for the support about "The days of our lifes " soap-a-rama drama behind keyboards

I am with you i prefer 15kn on my 12 or 30kn on my 8 in the waves :D :D :thumb: :thumb:

WOW Fri/Sat/Sun here in Cocoa Beach....my numbers are back up for my monthly average

Side on to side side on 3 days in a row with clean wave sets with up to 6ft faces & no drift !!

Movie soon to be released (i sound like a broken record)...let's not forget the LW popcorn

.......................... :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink: ...........................................................

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.
Been thanked: 0

Postby DrLightWind » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:12 am

SupaEZ wrote:YEAH DR.LW ...........i have a name for those conditions........MAGIC WIND :wink:

Nice :thumb:

Here is more evidence of "MAGIC WIND" while I have experienced Shredding :argue: :wink:
during my ZEN soul session in 8 - 10 knots winds :surf: :sun: :cooltext:

DrLW
Attachments
21m Speed3 Soul Session.jpg
Picture is By: "Matheson Hammock Kitesurf" on Facebook
21m Speed3 Soul Session.jpg (53.87 KiB) Viewed 2502 times

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:01 pm

DrLightWind wrote:
Here is more evidence of "MAGIC WIND" while I have experienced Shredding :argue: :wink:
during my ZEN soul session in 8 - 10 knots winds :surf: :sun: :cooltext:

DrLW
ZERO BS THERE....very nice 9kn average wind APPROVED :thumb:

If on that picture you could have multiplied yourself on the water with your "popcorn" weight......
....meaning 130lbs....same board...parked kite....and riding the most powerful kites available..

There is no doubt that the 21 would be first ahead of them all.. :wink:
....then Dyno 18 second..then Riot XR2 19 third...
...and all other LW kites fourth....fifth.....sixth....etc...etc...

I know for a fact because i owned and rode extensively all those giants and fully tested them

There is no substitute .... projected area is the key to get that necessary pull on those kite lines...
...when it is parked... to get you riding higher than just beam reach....planing

Now let's stay on topic of inflatos and surreal claims :lol:

................ :cheers: :pump: :surf: :sun: :thanx: ...............................................................................

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Yawn!

Just when will you get it that not everyone wants the biggest (and poss slowest) kite? :wink:

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:02 am

Kite2Heaven wrote:PMU - you really are stupid if you are resorting to walking backwards with a kite !!!
Since when has any kite in History been tested and approved by a team of experts as a true representation of wind strength 'other than those blowin out there ass'..
And since when has any kite brand ever, called up an airbase / Naval or government facility when there soughting out wind range tests for your favourite kite - can you guess what they hold in there hands ??? Probably not from your mentality ! Also can you please explain to me why at the local Nav base about 4 km down the beach they had 15-24 knots but we only had 7- 10 on three hand held windmeters different brands. !!! So you can kiss your more or less theories goodbye because its always adjusting to suit huh - idiot ! If theres at least two handhelds on s beach... then thats good enough and 100% local to that spot !! Otherwise "ALL" wind readings are BULLSHIT just like yourself !!
Walking backwards with a kite is NOT a recognised way of testing low-end.

But then NOBODY else in the history of kitesurfing has ever made the ridiculous claim that their kites can fly in "2-4 knots" and stay upwind (on a SUP or whatever).

It would be EASY to test Epic's "2-4 knot" claim by putting up the Infinity in a school hall or similar & walking backwards at the standard walking velocity of 2.7 knots. Result: The kite would drag along the floor like a huge mop. Zero air time.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flight Time » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:49 am

Wow, this thread is still going? Didn't the discussion stalemate because nobody can actually prove or disprove wind speed? If video evidence isn't enough, then there is literally nothing else that can be shown, so really there is nothing left to discuss. Those who prefer Inflatables are not going to go spend $3000.00 for a sleeping bag, and those who like the sleeping bags will continue to try to present them as cutting edge, or actually even relevant, and nobody comes out on top. There is nothing else left to say that hasn't been said, so lets let the thread die a graceful death, shall we? :roll:

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:33 pm

Flight Time wrote:Wow, this thread is still going?
YEP -- and it will continue till Spring , when the Wind comes back !!

Bille

Return to “Kitesurfing”