Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

RRD Religion Mk3 10m²: So good for light wind surfing!!

Forum for kitesurfers
rogerkite
Rare Poster
Local Beach: South Brittany
Favorite Beaches: Near Quiberon'beaches
Style: Just between Peak & Rocks !
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

RRD Religion Mk3 10m²: So good for light wind surfing!!

Postby rogerkite » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:11 pm

After several session with 6 and 8, I finally re-test the religion mk3 10m ².
I was a little bit disappointing after the firts short test: I have been riding the 6 m² since 2 hours in 30-35nds, and because the grain is passed, the wind dropped to 10nds... I inflate the 10m ² and go agai on the water with my Maquina 5'9. First observation, I go full speed while everyone stopped navigate due to light wind... so pretty good. The wind begins to rise, so I trime and I prepare to receive the return of 30 knots and then to land the kite quickly. I surf one or two waves, and there, I'm not with a good timing. I think, while the kite is a bit slow to react, but hey, I was just riding the 6m ² before, and wind rose to 25nds then trim is pulled, the rear line well relaxed.
The session then continued with 6m ² :D
I look forward to donate confirm or refute the initial sensations, and validate that the 10m² suited me for light wind.
Saturday side off wind, nice waves 80cms, it's tempting. Very light wind in fact: 06 knots sometinmes, 10 knots average and max 12nds,... But it is tempting ... so let's inflate the 10m² and go for a trial on the water!
And there, It was very good for 2 hours ! Finally, ... we surf waves but go back by walking... not enough air for upwind...
The Religion mk3 10 is extremely stable, it is quite impressive. Sometimes it freezes, is ready to fall, just release the bar and pull a little on the front line... it goes back, to hold the zenith, and waits quietly.
It generates a very consistent power, when yo move it down from zenith the power is progressive, not "on off" and it allows to go out of the water and take off. Mania is more than good, even when guided with one hand, and it reacts quickly. In surfing,it is forgotten, but hey, this is easy: wind side off ... no need to manage the kite, but it still follow the surfer, even with the lack of wind.
Well, obviously, it will have to be tested in other conditions, particularly in Onshore, but if I had to summarize, in these conditions, religion Mk3 is super healthy, safe, with a good power. It portends good for sessions in other circumstances, but in any case, for now, this will be my kite for surf in lightwind (below 15nds for my 65kgs)!
Attachments
Religion Mk3 D1.JPG
Religion Mk3 10m B1.jpg
Religion Mk3 10m A1.jpg

jonboykitesurf
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Pembrey
Favorite Beaches: pembrey
Llangennith
Pobbles
Style: waveriding
Gear: RRD
Brand Affiliation: RRD

Re: RRD Religion Mk3 10m²: So good for light wind surfing!!

Postby jonboykitesurf » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Looks good Roger. Where are you based?

average rider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Omaezaki, Chiba
Favorite Beaches: The windy ones with clean waves and no people
Style: waves
Gear: RRD

Postby average rider » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:18 am

love the religions.....hate the new colours though MK11 look much better in my opinion.

rogerkite
Rare Poster
Local Beach: South Brittany
Favorite Beaches: Near Quiberon'beaches
Style: Just between Peak & Rocks !

Postby rogerkite » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:23 am

jonboykitesurf wrote:Looks good Roger. Where are you based?
In south Brittany, France!!

doggy
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Camber Sands, Greatstone
Favorite Beaches: Camber Sands, Greatstone, Hayling Island, Majanicho
Style: Wakestyle, Freestyle, Surf
Gear: Liquid Force

Postby doggy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:53 pm

average rider wrote:love the religions.....hate the new colours though MK11 look much better in my opinion.
I love the new colours, I think they look awesome, nice and bright

I have tried pretty much all the wave specific kites from the main brands and the Religion is right up there, great turning and drifting plus a really nice solid bar feel so you know exactly where it is.

RRD Religion Mk3 2013

Return to “Kitesurfing”