All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Union Island, Barbados, Grenadines Feb/March on your own?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 pm 
Medium Poster

I'm thinking of heading here on my own for a few weeks (mainly Union) I have a few concerns, perhaps the people with a neutral opinion that have spent time there can advise.

prices - it looks like a real luxury place are all food and drinks super expensive? What would be a comfortable budget here per day? (not including flights, accommodation).

too quiet? - travelling by myself, I was wondering if such a small island is going to be a bit too small or full of honeymooners? Im not looking for partying all night or anything, but as long as there is always a few people around on the beach for launching landing,chatting then a bar that has a similar crowd having a few beers in the evening would be perfect for me.

I see the JT school is there, it looks good and I like the idea of doing a couple of tours but i'd want somewhere that the majority of the time I can kite all day for free. without worrying about damaging my kite self-landing.

would be heading out on the 25/26th Feb probably spend a few days either side in Barbados, if anyone interested in joining me, even better.

thanks for any opinions or advice.

bob

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Union Island, Barbados, Grenadines Feb/March on your ow
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:19 pm 
Frequent Poster

Wow im looking for this info too!

http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2379067

Post subject: Re: Union Island, Barbados, Grenadines Feb/March on your ow
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:27 am 
Rare Poster

Hey man I tried to find details on this last year as well.

I want to go down to that area for 2 weeks and would be keen to met up and split costs of getting a place. Ill PM you.

On another note if anyone has any more details it would be great. I have only seen a few schools around, some operated via sailboats and JT's.

Aaron

[ 3 posts ]