Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Kite videos got too boring to watch!!!

Postby Toby » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:56 pm

I see KotA as the freestyle it should be. A mixture of unhooked an hooked tricks. But luckily, 70% height gets judged, so finally back to the origin of the sport.

I am different with my own style. I don't want anyone to do what I do, I just want to give inspirations for those who like what I do. It is not your style? Fine, but don't make it my problem, since I am having a blast, pushing in my way. We will see if this goes anywhere further, and if not, again, not my problem.
But don't forget, I am reflecting a lot of feedback I get daily. Which no one else gets like this.
So it is not only my opinion.
But looks like I forgot, other opinions don't count...

I for sure look forward to see a nice mixture of tricks at KotA.
Not my conditions, not my style, not worth the risk, that's why I am not there.
I will look closely at the hooked tricks they pull, if there is anything new, or still what they do since years. I hope they get inspired too from what I do. But I alreday see some more different things from some riders which they didn't do before...so good to see they get inspired too.

For sure they jump higher in these winds than me in my 20 knots. That's why I call it Airstyle and not big air.

Fine now? Or want to diss me more? If so, let's talk about age...

sfpete
Medium Poster
Local Beach: San Francisco Bay area
Style: stayin' alive
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby sfpete » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:17 pm

edt wrote: This is what I am talking about.
Very cool vid, but, man, how many pairs of skis did they go through making that?

sfpete
Medium Poster
Local Beach: San Francisco Bay area
Style: stayin' alive

Postby sfpete » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:21 pm

jens wrote:I am going to state what 90% of these posts are really saying.

" I am old, limp, jealous
Absolutely! You know, when I rip a loud fart in a restaurant and people make faces, I KNOW its just because they can't do it as loud or stinky as me. For sure.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:22 pm

sfpete wrote:
edt wrote: This is what I am talking about.
Very cool vid, but, man, how many pairs of skis did they go through making that?
ahaha you're not the only one who winced everytime they saw those skis make sparsk

but a great vid

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:27 pm

Call me a nutter, but I still love this clip. I want 45-60 minutes of this shot in 10 buzzillion P resolution, 5D, (so other dimensions/beings can enjoy kiting) and no audio track playing except the brown note. So if the footage doesn't make me fill my pants, the audio will. Either way the audience is walking away from it awed and with a full diaper.

Piss on labeling kiting or giving it genres! This isn't the music industry..........screw old school, new school, wakestyle, airstyle, doggy style........

Let's just go with NO SCHOOL. Do what you do to level 11 and film it RIGHT. Variety peoples.......it makes life spicey. :cool2:

poach - out

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:40 am

POACHER wrote:Call me a nutter, but I still love this clip. I want 45-60 minutes of this shot in 10 buzzillion P resolution, 5D, (so other dimensions/beings can enjoy kiting) and no audio track playing except the brown note. So if the footage doesn't make me fill my pants, the audio will. Either way the audience is walking away from it awed and with a full diaper.

Piss on labeling kiting or giving it genres! This isn't the music industry..........screw old school, new school, wakestyle, airstyle, doggy style........

Let's just go with NO SCHOOL. Do what you do to level 11 and film it RIGHT. Variety peoples.......it makes life spicey. :cool2:

poach - out
That is a pretty good video for a "boring video" thread. Count me as +1 for all school. Maybe the mixing of all the styles is what made that one so entertaining. :thumb:
Or....maybe all these guys were at level 11 :wink: either way it works for me.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:34 am

I think I have to agree with the main sentiment of this thread (but apparently not the intent :wink: ). I have seen too many shots of people driving to their spots, walking their lines, pumping their kites, and blur-shots of people doing insanely difficult, overly-technical moves while only getting about 10 feet of air. Sure, I couldn't do it, because I don't have the talent to allow it, and that's not the point. For me it's all about flow and style. A big jump with a simple grab or spin, performed flawlessly and landed smoothly has more style and flow than packing 12 seperate tricks into a single jump. At some point, it just starts looking like the Tasmanian Devil dangling from a kite. Or an epileptic siesure.

EDT, great vid with the urban skier, thoroughly entertaining. Lots of variety, both in filming and riding, and packed with flow and style. :thumb:

Poach, I also like that video. It has some of everything, has no useless artsy palm tree footage, and it keeps your attention all the way through. :thumb:

Sfpete, I laughed too hard at your perfectly accurate fart analogy while drinking... You know how painful it is to shoot a carbonated beverage out of your nose?! :lol:

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:56 am

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:08 am

That would be epic
You are correct Bain, that would be EPIC.

Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:11 am

Dimitri M wrote:
That would be epic
You are correct Bain, that would be EPIC.

Dimitri...dude...you have some MAD skills. Seriously. Fun video...especially the shots boosting through the marsh grass. Cut a couple of those close huh?! :o

Return to “Kitesurfing”