Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kitting in melaque,mx

Forum for kitesurfers
surf-turkey
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kitting in melaque,mx

Postby surf-turkey » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:56 am

Anyone have any experience kiting in melaque? Headed there for two weeks, feb 20 to march 8 and wondering if it's worth taking gear. Any ideas on wind speeds etc would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

backcountry
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hood River, Coeur d' Alene Lake
Gear: Ozone, Best
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kitting in melaque,mx

Postby backcountry » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:49 am

Went there last year during spring break-end of march. Hauled down 14, 12, and 9 and got totally skunked... There is a shop at the south end of the bay there in Melaque and they do kite, or so I was told. Not sure what the winds would be like in Feb. It is a beautiful spot, just wasn't enough wind when I was there. One day went north about 30 minutes to Boca Iguanes, not sure of the spelling. Probably the most beautiful beach I have ever been to. 3/4 mile of beautiful sand and mid week no people. Got the 14 up and made it past the shore break, which is pretty intense and the wind shut off. I was on a 150 mako. With a bigger kite and board, who knows. Spent the rest of the day waiting....

That was my experience. The area has a very relaxed vibe. Awesome fish tacos, beer, sun, just no wind.

BC

matthepp
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: RMP
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Kino Bay
Red Mountain Pass
Style: Rich
Gear: OR Flite 15m
OR Razor 12m
OR Prodigy 7m 9.5m
BD Carbon Megawatts
Slingshot Dwarfcraft/ Gamma 68
Brand Affiliation: Alpine Edge Engineering

Re: Kitting in melaque,mx

Postby matthepp » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:50 am

I had similar expetiences last year spring break near vallarta. but the entire sea of cortez should be blowing like stink then. suerte-

Return to “Kitesurfing”