Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Race Kite "The Racer" 17/14/11

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Race Kite "The Racer" 17/14/11

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:03 am

Anyone ride the kite with a raceboard and not a twin-tip :)
Depending what you want to do Mr.Al-Kite-A. Some people don't like Race boards and rather use it with a Twin Tip.
:thumb:

Al-Kite-A
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Crissy Filed SF, Nor Cal
Style: freeride/race/wave
Gear: Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo, HyperFlex, Ozone, SlingShot and Windy Devil
Been thanked: 0

Postby Al-Kite-A » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:53 am

Dimitri M wrote:
Anyone ride the kite with a raceboard and not a twin-tip :)
Depending what you want to do Mr.Al-Kite-A. Some people don't like Race boards and rather use it with a Twin Tip.
:thumb:
I use a twin-tip all the time, just never with a race kite.
I seems funny to see pics to show a race kite with a guy on a twin tip. Just pointing that out.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:24 am

Al-Kite-A,
Some people like to go up wind in one tack instead of having to do few tacks plus they like to jump. So they want to use the RACER kite to do that. I have had so many people demo the RACER and 70% of the kiters were using Twin Tip boards and really enjoyed the kite. The other 25% had race boards and the other 5% had snow skis.
Same thing with the RENEGADE models. They are actually my wave kites so I can use them in the surf with my Reef Surf boards, but a lot of kiters use the RENEGADE as an all around kite with their Twin Tip boards because it is an amazing kite. Also the SCREAMER model is the jumping/hang time machine kite, but few kiters use that kite in the waves also with their surf boards. Same thing with the JUDGE kite. This is kite was designed for wake style but again a lot of people like it for the waves and for an all around kite.
So any things will work with anything you have but if you are a racer you are going to choose the RACER kite. If you like big jumps, big hang time, big kite loops, then you are going to choose to get the SCREAMER. And if you like to wave ride or like an all around kite you will get the RENEGADE.
So again you can use the RACER kite with a race board, a twin tip board or snow skis. But the RACER was designed more for racing and of course the hang time because of its high aspect.
Attachments
DSC_0035.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lander
Frequent Poster

Postby lander » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:16 am

But no jumping picuteres either :D no a more serious question - what is the reason for not ika registre the race kite?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:19 pm

But no jumping picuteres either :D no a more serious question - what is the reason for not ika registre the race kite?
Mr.lander, I will get you some jumping pictures with the RACER kite so you get a better understanding of the hang time. Concerning the IKA registering I don't need it right now. Any thing else?

Al-Kite-A
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Crissy Filed SF, Nor Cal
Style: freeride/race/wave
Gear: Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo, HyperFlex, Ozone, SlingShot and Windy Devil

Postby Al-Kite-A » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:59 pm

Dimitri Don't take our comment the wrong way. I understand that there are different kind of kites and people like to ride in different ways.
But you are posting in a kite race forum Don't get insulted that we are asking race questions in a race forum about a kite labeled a race kite and named the RACER.

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster

Postby stefaans » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:03 pm

Kitecave wrote:Attention Canadian Racers

Kitecave.com is now accepting applications from qualified Canadian Racers for assisted sponsorship on the Epic Racer.....limited to 1 racer per Province for 2013 Race Series

Email resume to kitecave@rogers.com

Cheers

Kitecave

P.S.....we will be in OBX this April for Epic Racer Demo's :thumb:
I don't get it either. So you are going to give these Canadian races all kites they are not allowed to compete with?

lander
Frequent Poster

Postby lander » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:45 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
Mr.lander, I will get you some jumping pictures with the RACER kite so you get a better understanding of the hang time. Concerning the IKA registering I don't need it right now. Any thing else?
The reason for the question is, that there are a handfull of good racekites that we are not alowed to use due to no registration. And since you take part on this forum it would be nice to know first hand info, why a brand choose not to. Cause if the registrstion is so costfull that only a few brands can pay it is not good for the sport. If it is "just a choice" because you dont need it, well then fair enough

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby plummet » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Looks very high aspect. fatter wing tips to the edge.

To be fair my 09 edge looked a bit like it.

being so high aspect how does it go down wind? ?.... the higher aspect they are generally very bad down wind.

17,14,11 the gap seems too big between kites for an effective quiver. Also what if the wind is above 11m conditions? do you have to go and buy an oppositions kite to compete?

I think that range needs to be more comprehensive to be a realistic option to compete against the top race kite manufactures.. Whats the ozone line up now? 19,17,15,13,11,10,9,7.

ps i bet thats a boosting machine!. ... I too want to see boosting footage.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:04 am

Dear Mr.Al-Kite-A, I am not taking your comment the wrong way. I am just very open minded and that is why I am responding to your post.
These are some pictures of today. You asked for some pictures of the RACER jumping. Well here you go. The rider is also using "Bindings" on a Twin Tip. Oh my GOD!!!!!
Tomorrow will get you some handle passes on the RACER kite.
But once again you can use the RACER kite for everything you want to do, but it's best performance is: speed, boost, down wind and up wind capability.
Now I have my own reasons why I am not registering the EPIC "RACER" kites yet.
Attachments
7The Racer.jpg
JUMPING ON RACER 11.jpg
DSC_0049 35.jpg
DSC_0050 36.jpg
DSC_0051 34.jpg
5Jumping on the RACER kite 11 meter.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”