Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Why do kiteboards cost significantly more than snowboards?

Forum for kitesurfers
KailuaWinds
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby KailuaWinds » Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:20 am

Something I've been thinking about lately:

what's the explanation for why a new kiteboard retails for about $650-699 US $ when a top of the line snowboard costs $500 (and many great models cost $400-450)? Materials and construction are not disimilar. I'm thinking it's mostly an artificial construct of price in relation to what we pay for kites, ie because we are used to paying $1000+ for kites, we accept paying $700 for a new kiteboard, even though the cost should/could be significantly less...

Your thoughts, please.

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 10, 2002 2:38 pm

hi,

i think kiteboards aren´t produced in great series. one that way the price for a board is much higher than for a snowboard which is produced many thousand times.
in europe for example there are 2-3 factories which produces the hole snowboards for the about 20 labels.

and much people pay the money. the one who always wants to have the latest edition.

aloha andre

Return to “Kitesurfing”