Favorite Beaches: Nitinat Lake
Style: Teabagging
Gear: Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Speed 4 Bar pressure ?

Postby TeabagVic » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:39 pm

Does anyone know how is the bar pressure of the Speed4 compare to the Speed3 and/or Psycho4 ???

Due to now crappy chronic tendonitis, I can't ride anything else than Psycho4, Speed3 Flysurfer and Ozone Edge 2012 and before (2013 Edge reviews say it has more bar pressure). Even the 2012, I won't be able to ride it too many days in a row or the tendonitis will come back.

Anyhow, did Flysurfer kept the same bar pressure on the Speed4? Because you are my last hope of continuing kiting...
If it is higher I will be screwed when my current kites will be gone :(

Please Flysurfer keep the same/or lower bar pressure, please please please

voodoospirit
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: alps lakes, alps mountain snowkites

Re: Speed 4 Bar pressure ???

Postby voodoospirit » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:59 pm

the speed4 is still under reseach :p
but FS always had low bar pressure , l left PL twinskins because of that.....

so i don t doubt, it will have one of the lowest bar pressure in the kite industry, still.

DenisLaMenace
Medium Poster
Local Beach: It's a secret spot
Favorite Beaches: Ask flipper231
Style: I'm French Canadian so my style is weird
Gear: Everything that can fit into my Honda Odyssey
Brand Affiliation: Webmaster at http://www.kiteforum.ca

Postby DenisLaMenace » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:09 pm

the speed4 is released in 8m and 10m

http://www.iksurfmag.com/kitesurfing-ne ... ind-kites/

marauderen
Rare Poster

Postby marauderen » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:40 pm

TeabagVic wrote:Does anyone know how is the bar pressure of the Speed4 compare to the Speed3 and/or Psycho4 ???

Due to now crappy chronic tendonitis, I can't ride anything else than Psycho4, Speed3 Flysurfer and Ozone Edge 2012 and before (2013 Edge reviews say it has more bar pressure). Even the 2012, I won't be able to ride it too many days in a row or the tendonitis will come back.

Anyhow, did Flysurfer kept the same bar pressure on the Speed4? Because you are my last hope of continuing kiting...

I have had same problem and solved it with a kind of pulleybar. This pulleysystem reduces barpressure
with app. 50% but lengthen bartravel...but this might be a good solution for you and speed 4 as
bartravel on speed 4 is reduced. So you may end up with same travel as on your present speedkite. (if you only want 25% reducement on pulleybar you just have to split the line (via 1 pulley more) that goes to frontline and then put it back on your steering line)...this was the solution i used as the 50% was to much = couldn´t feel any barpressure at all).

(or you can buy core kites(tubes) they have so little barpressure...and a really good kite.
Last edited by marauderen on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KristianE
Rare Poster
Local Beach: SVP, DK
Gear: FS

Postby KristianE » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:06 am

I do not think those pictures show how to reduce bar pressure (unless your have a pulley to start with and go back to 1:1). They show to double it!

If you want half bar pressure, your need to
#1 Disconnect your steering lines
#2 Make the steering lines 2-3 meters shorter or the front lines 2-3 meters longer
#3 Connect a pulley to the end of each steering line.
#4 Buy two pulley lines and for each side you
#5 Connect one end to the bar end, take it through the pulley and connect back down at the end of your front lines.

I have never seen pictures of such a setup.

marauderen
Rare Poster

Postby marauderen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:55 pm

This was my first attempt but this system reduced
barpressure to much so later on I made a split of the the line attachment on frontline and connected a another pulley and then connected this line back on steeringline. Result was
better feeling with kite and only about 25% reducement of barpressure.(look at "stone age" drawing. The 4 red rounded pulleys where the lines have to run freely throug. Rest of
line points must be fixed. The red box is only to illustrate depower system where lines must be
above and fixed also. If you want to install the system please remember all 4 lines must still
have same lenght(upstart mode) and there will be some trimming of the system afterwards also...so DONT make trimming in strong winds as you still have trimming to solve even though lines are at same lenght...maybe after trimming your lines are not in same length but kite flies well...on my kites my steering lines are 15 cm shorter than frontlines...but I also tried the opposite on another kite brand. So be aware when trimming. For this trimming you will be better off with a helper to hold kite at wind window...that way you can feel via bar and see the stretched line if it looks right or not. When helper lets go of kite try to steer downwards to see how kite reacts...if you have good control you may start steering the kite up and down to find the right finetuning.
I have used this system on several different kite brands - flysurfer speeds,pulse, wipika hydros 1 and 2, airblast, north rhino, core gts, core xr, cabrinha crossbowe etc...and its works on - i think
- all kites and off course you will benefit most on kites with heavy barpressure(here you may use
the 50% setting...) But remember you will get more travel on bar to steer kite and less barfeeling.
And pls be carefull...making changes on line settings can be dangerous and on your own risk...
(if you want 50% reducement you shall only mount the 2 pulleys at the bar an fix the steeringline
to frontline above the powertrimmer)
Attachments
barpressure.png
Last edited by marauderen on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

marauderen
Rare Poster

Postby marauderen » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:30 pm

TeabagVic wrote:Does anyone know how is the bar pressure of the Speed4 compare to the Speed3 and/or Psycho4 ???

I just been in contact with flysurfer concerning the bigger sizes and got this message:
THE GOAL IS TO HAVE ROUND ABOUT THE SAME BAR PRESSURE AS SPEED3 IN BIGGER SIZES.

AS SAID ON THE SMALL SIZES WE HAVE IT A BIT HIGHER FOR BETTER FEEDBACK.

So...we may be happy afterall. I was just about to make an order on speed 3...but with this
message I will wait and buy speed 4.

Return to “Kitesurfing”