Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What happened to Naish Sigma? - No Bolt for 2013?

Forum for kitesurfers
H C
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What happened to Naish Sigma? - No Bolt for 2013?

Postby H C » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:14 pm

lander wrote: Regarding Sigma. I think it was only people who have not tried it who blamed it. (But they can effect a lot anyway). It worked really well and you never had to put sand on the kite when leaving it at the beach because of some tunnel or vacuum effect
Hi Lander

I was just looking at a second hand 2009 Sigma kite (for small money) and the main concern that might be bothering me is that in the past I have been told that they were no good at staying put (LEI down) on the beach I was told that they just blown straight away I was led to understand that the wind gut under them and thay were off.

Is this really true that they don't blow away.(anymore so than a regular kite)

Thanks

Regards

Hugh

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:29 am

H C wrote:
lander wrote: Regarding Sigma. I think it was only people who have not tried it who blamed it. (But they can effect a lot anyway). It worked really well and you never had to put sand on the kite when leaving it at the beach because of some tunnel or vacuum effect
Hi Lander

I was just looking at a second hand 2009 Sigma kite (for small money) and the main concern that might be bothering me is that in the past I have been told that they were no good at staying put (LEI down) on the beach I was told that they just blown straight away I was led to understand that the wind gut under them and thay were off.

Thanks

Regards

Hugh
They absulutely do not blow away any more than other kites. Struts are.sticking up..the wind is pushing the kite down.

People saying the kite blows away are full of bullsh!t...

rightguard
Very Frequent Poster

Postby rightguard » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:39 am

Never had mine blow away, but I usually throw a couple handfuls of sand on it.

lander
Frequent Poster

Postby lander » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:29 am

H C wrote:
Hi Lander

Thanks

Regards

Hugh
Yes the kite stay nice on the beach LE down. Like I said, I really believe it was only people who have not tried the kite who blamed it. If you can get the kite for a good price - go for it! Especially the 2010 year they really hit the nail with the hammer with the Cult imo. Bolt came too close to Park which is a good kite but another customer but suddently became the same.

So when this is said, I do understand why they let the kite out of, as the park was taking over in popularity. But still I think they need a clear strategy with their line-up. What kite should cover which area.
Now they have the Draft for race and hangtime. Check. (need a ika stamp though). The Torch for freestyle. Check. The Ride for freeride. Check. The Fly for light wind. Check. The Park for eeeeh everything ? Fair enogh it is a damm good kite. But the Park and the Ride could come too close some day too. But we still need the kite for the waves. Yes, the Park and Ride can somehow do the job, but still like a clear strategy.

Naish was the brand that started this sport, so I have a great love for the brand and especially the products, but the standout is the amazing feeling they put in the kite with a barpressure that is so crispy
Last edited by lander on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:47 am

I must say tho the 9 bolt last year is damn well one of the best kites ever made...but yeah I think it probably came too close the park...you know if you fly too close to the sun....etc. etc

:thumb: any naish fan have a luxurious set of choices :) I'm loving it

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:48 am

... also the ride is covering nicely. I can't wait to check the new ones out :)

fdvj
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: lancing
Style: freeride
Gear: naish nobile

Postby fdvj » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:45 am

I have been buying small 2010 sigmas recently, IMHO there are the most confidence inspiring kites in the worst of conditions, I now have a 7m helix 2010 and a 6m cult :D
Now i can't wait for the next storm.

HAMLINDP
Frequent Poster

Postby HAMLINDP » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:24 am

Me thinks Naish should give us an "in depth" reason for sinking the Sigma.

David ;)

H C
Rare Poster

Postby H C » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:09 pm

lander wrote: Yes the kite stay nice on the beach LE down. Like I said, I really believe it was only people who have not tried the kite who blamed it. If you can get the kite for a good price - go for it! Especially the 2010 year they really hit the nail with the hammer with the Cult imo.
Nice to hear that Lander
Turns out It is the 7 meter helix = turns out it is 2008/9 (bought in 9) with little use in great condition.
It cames with an almost new looking universal bar - would this bar be compatable with my 2012 Park 14m -- ( I wont have the kite in my hand till next week to compare for myself)

Thanks

Again
Ps you say that in 2010 they sorted the kites - what where the earlier 2008 sigma kites like (read a few rave reviews on them - they were posted way back in 08)
Last edited by H C on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:05 pm

I think although I have never ridden it myself that the 2009 Helix was a pretty good kite. The 2010 Cult was a further developed version of it whereas the 2010 Helix had a new design with a more C-shaped front tube.
You can ride all Universal Bars with your Park. I ride my 2010 Helix and 2012 Bolt with 2010 and 2012 Bars. They differ in the height of the V but I can feel no difference.

Return to “Kitesurfing”