Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2013 Cabrinha VMG Raceboard

Forum for everyone who is into racing and speeding on kites.


User avatar
davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1791
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:36 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Gear: Flysurfer Sonics 9,11,15
Spotz2 w/Delta Board
Mako 130
Brand Affiliation: None

2013 Cabrinha VMG Raceboard

Postby davesails7 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:31 am

Anyone know about the new cabrinha raceboard? Price?

Is it the same board as the 2012 board? I'm confused why it doesn't have the V shaped back end that all the other boards went too. Is the V too expensive to produce?

Looks like it comes with fins, interested if it will be an inexpensive complete package with straps and fins for <$1500?
Attachments
board_raceboard.jpg
board_raceboard.jpg (37.61 KiB) Viewed 2634 times

FrederikS
Medium Poster
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:33 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2013 Cabrinha VMG Raceboard

Postby FrederikS » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:00 pm

davesails7 wrote:Anyone know about the new cabrinha raceboard? Price?

Is it the same board as the 2012 board? I'm confused why it doesn't have the V shaped back end that all the other boards went too. Is the V too expensive to produce?

Looks like it comes with fins, interested if it will be an inexpensive complete package with straps and fins for <$1500?


There are probably many motives, one could be that it does not alter how the board rides sufficiently to warrant a change. Or that Cabrinha just want to save money by reusing the molds already made for the 2012 board.

Does anyone have a direct comparison table of the two where you spot if they change weight, volume, length between fins, fin spacing etc.?

User avatar
davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1791
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:36 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Gear: Flysurfer Sonics 9,11,15
Spotz2 w/Delta Board
Mako 130
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2013 Cabrinha VMG Raceboard

Postby davesails7 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:48 pm

On the ika equipment list, it shows the two boards have the same volume, but slightly different in other dimensions.

If it is the same as 2012, but comes with decent fins for $1200 or so I think it would sell well. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who want a 69 wide board, but can't see paying $2500 for the package and used 2012 boards are scary after all the production issues. Interested to see how the price turns out.

FrederikS
Medium Poster
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:33 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2013 Cabrinha VMG Raceboard

Postby FrederikS » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:46 pm

davesails7 wrote:On the ika equipment list, it shows the two boards have the same volume, but slightly different in other dimensions.

If it is the same as 2012, but comes with decent fins for $1200 or so I think it would sell well. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who want a 69 wide board, but can't see paying $2500 for the package and used 2012 boards are scary after all the production issues. Interested to see how the price turns out.


I am in the same situation as you! Going to be interesting seeing how it performs once people start riding it!

User avatar
droffats
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:39 am
Kiting since: 2006
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ozone, MHP
Brand Affiliation: www.adventurekiteboarding.com
Location: Kite Shop
Contact:

Re: 2013 Cabrinha VMG Raceboard

Postby droffats » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:23 pm

We are a Cabrinha dealer and this is what they told me:

The board will be for preorder only. The market is too small, they change to fast, and they are so expensive that they will not be stocking them. Only dealers that preorder will have them. I don't know if this info will change, but it is what they told me. They also said it wasn't that different from the 2012 board (but they have a bunch of those still at the warehouse and I think they were trying to get me to buy some).

Thanks,
Stafford

www.adventurekiteboarding.com

FrederikS
Medium Poster
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:33 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2013 Cabrinha VMG Raceboard

Postby FrederikS » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:36 pm

droffats wrote:We are a Cabrinha dealer and this is what they told me:
The board will be for preorder only. The market is too small, they change to fast, and they are so expensive that they will not be stocking them. Only dealers that preorder will have them. I don't know if this info will change, but it is what they told me. They also said it wasn't that different from the 2012 board (but they have a bunch of those still at the warehouse and I think they were trying to get me to buy some).
Thanks,
Stafford www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Thanks for the information! Any idea about pricing on the new Velocity kites, the VMG board and the new race bar setup?

Cheers, Fred

User avatar
davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1791
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:36 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Gear: Flysurfer Sonics 9,11,15
Spotz2 w/Delta Board
Mako 130
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2013 Cabrinha VMG Raceboard

Postby davesails7 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Cool. I saw the 2012 boards are down to $600 now for board only (and straps I believe?)

Plus $650 for fins, plus $100-$150 for shipping of board and fins and you're looking at $1400 for a board that is outdated and no one wants anymore :-?

I'm too afraid to buy a used one for any more than $1000 and too cheap to buy a new one for $2500 :D

I guess my 2011 183x59 will have to last me a little longer.

ozchrisb
Frequent Poster
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:59 am
Kiting since: 1999
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2013 Cabrinha VMG Raceboard

Postby ozchrisb » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:07 pm

davesails7 wrote:Cool. I saw the 2012 boards are down to $600 now for board only (and straps I believe?)

Plus $650 for fins, plus $100-$150 for shipping of board and fins and you're looking at $1400 for a board that is outdated and no one wants anymore :-?

I'm too afraid to buy a used one for any more than $1000 and too cheap to buy a new one for $2500 :D


But they just said that the board didn't change between '12 and '13 so if you can get a 69cm wide 2012 board for $1400 with fins and straps.... go for it! It's the same as 2013. Shapes do seem to be leveling out a little. Don't think Mikes Lab have changed for a while. The trick seems to be getting production boards that hold together and are straight. North was having issues, but I don't recall hearing Cabrinha horror stories.

User avatar
droffats
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:39 am
Kiting since: 2006
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ozone, MHP
Brand Affiliation: www.adventurekiteboarding.com
Location: Kite Shop
Contact:

Re: 2013 Cabrinha VMG Raceboard

Postby droffats » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:47 am

I was not able to get any pricing info from Cab on the 2013 board, race bar, or race kite. That is not typical for Cabirnha. Usually they release the info to the public and dealers can order before then....

- Stafford

www.adventurekiteboarding.com

User avatar
Jimmy Mazzanti
Medium Poster
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:31 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Cesenatico Italy

Re: 2013 Cabrinha VMG Raceboard

Postby Jimmy Mazzanti » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:34 pm

droffats wrote:I was not able to get any pricing info from Cab on the 2013 board, race bar, or race kite. That is not typical for Cabirnha. Usually they release the info to the public and dealers can order before then....

- Stafford

www.adventurekiteboarding.com


probably they are too busy building RS:X for Rio 2016

;)


Return to “Kiteracer”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests