Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Evo....Fuse

Forum for kitesurfers
surf-turkey
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Evo....Fuse

Postby surf-turkey » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:54 am

What jumps higher?? I ride fuses but wonder about the evo....experiences??

rebeliousone
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Beach
Style: Straps=no
Gear: Rebels

Re: Evo....Fuse

Postby rebeliousone » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Not sure. I would love to hear peoples experience on the fuse especially in the surf. How do you like the fuse? Have you compared it to its big brother the Rebel?

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.

Postby Billy B. » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:33 pm

Both kites rip. The Evo has more of a c-kite jump were you need to send it behind you go up fast and high and have skills to stay airborne. The fuse is more of a straight up send, and then float over head and drift with a nice glide ratio.

The Rebel and Fuse fly similarly but have different bar feel and throw. All three kites are a treat in the surf, I have flown them all in surf, and as always think the feelings are so personal its up to the rider.

Try them out and decide for your self. North Kites are so burley and well made construction is not a issue with any kite, Its just up to you to find the one you like best. For a straight surf Kite the Neo is out there also.

surf-turkey

Postby surf-turkey » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:14 am

I rode 14/10 fuses (2011's). Love the 14, really great height and hangtime especially when riding at the very upper end of its range. The 10 was a let down. No real big jumps and dropped me pretty fast even for a 10. I switched it out for an epic 10 ltd but am thinking of getting back to a newer fuse hoping they sorted the 10's out over a couple years. But the evo has me interested. Find norths website to be confusing to decipher the differences between the fuse, rebel and evo. They all seem to do the same things. The fuse is basically just a 4 line rebel but I can't figure out where the evo falls in. I'm just looking for which will deliver the highest jumps. Don't ride waves.
Thoughts??

Return to “Kitesurfing”