Amundson Johno
Foils: Spitfire XLW/ XXLW. GoFoil NL130/160/190
Kites: FS Peaks
HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp

Postby bragnouff » Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:15 am

Croossed lines can not be seen other then checking the lines. There is no sign for this from far away. In this specifical case you mentioned it just happend to be the cause.

Greetings, Sylt Rider

This depends upon the way you cross the lines, since you can cross the lines on one side or on both sides. I don't know which one is the worst...

A dancing kite can often mean a bar inversion. I saw a guy in the water, that was trying to relaunch its kite, the kite was then at the edge of the window, in a perfect position to relaunch, and I saw the kite dancing on the water and the guy being dragged a bit to the sea. After some times I went to him, he felt angry against its gear (what the hell of bar, f*** kite! this is shit! ...) I suggested him to turn its bar and he got back his smile in the second.

Remember that when you setup your bar downwind to your kite, you have to invert your bar. And this is the same kind of situation that occurs when you untwist your lines when the kite is leading edge of the water. (but now you are upwind to your kite, and it takes wind). Clear color codes are very helpful in that case !

fokiten
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rigging

Postby fokiten » Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:01 am

Ok,,,
I know toby,,,,,,Rick I,,,,,and a bout 50000 others have been told by me how to avoid this rigging problem,,,,,,yet none of you mention it,,,,,
I have posted this 37 times and i will not post it again,,,,,,let um die,, f*** it
remember kiting >>>>>>>>>>CAN<<<<<<<<be dangerious,,,
so let-um die you win,,I give up fuc-it
fokiten

SouthBasin
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby SouthBasin » Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:48 am

This shouldn't even be an issue!
Buy a seperate bar and lines for each kite.
Set up your kite/lines/bar right the first time. Do this in light wind. Test it!! Test your saftey system. Test it under load.

DON'T EVER take your lines off the kite

Wind your lines up on the bar ATTACHED to the kite.
If your lines are never unattached then they CAN'T be re-attached uncorrectly!!
Always CHECK YOUR LINE PRIOR to launching for twists etc. Have your launcher check your lines PRIOR to launching you.

This will cost you some $$ - but how much is your life (or someone elses life) worth?

Chris :thumb:

kiteboarder@pacbell.net
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiteboarder@pacbell.net » Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:35 am

"Hung" wrote:
Two of the most experienced kiters I know since 1998 were you and Tom (Mel) and both of you had somewhat serious accidents while launching hooking in on land. Experiences should not be the excuse for launch hooking-in on land.
My accident was caused by being hooked in while FLYING THROUGH ZENITH with neither a bar-activated release OR the knowledge to use it the INSTANT I touched down momentarily from an 8' lofting (I now know big loftings often follow small ones, even though in my many small loftings I've never had a big one follow). The problem is that unhooking reduces kite control, so the worse the wind is, the more you need to be hooked in, but the more you should be unhooked!

I will not ride again without a bar-activated release, & I will never again fly at zenith for even a moment (if it happens accidentally I will release immediately, hopefully before there's a chance for me to get lofted).

kiteboarder@pacbell.net
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiteboarder@pacbell.net » Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:41 am

"bragnouff" wrote:
Remember that when you setup your bar downwind to your kite, you have to invert your bar.
I always check my lines with the kite's tip sanded ready to launch. That way the right side of the kite and the right side of the bar are both on my right.

kiteboarder@pacbell.net
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiteboarder@pacbell.net » Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:43 am

"SouthBasin" wrote:
This shouldn't even be an issue!
Buy a seperate bar and lines for each kite...
DON'T EVER take your lines off the kite
Amen to that!!!

kiteboarder@pacbell.net
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiteboarder@pacbell.net » Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:45 am

By the way, I think it helps a LOT to have different colored front & rear line pairs. I use Q-Power orange on the front & yellow on the back. The high-visibility colors are easier to SEE too, when doing that last final check for twists.

fokiten

HERE IS HOW TO FUCKING DO IT ASSHOLES

Postby fokiten » Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:38 am

ok,
one more time, Rig like this and you will not do it wrong ever!!!!!!!
you'll die for some other reason, you will,, trust me.

1>>>>blow up kite>2. sand kite good...>3 without uwraping the bar hook up the two leading edge lines> ONLY< (you have these unmarked)
4..>unwrap the bar to where you will stand to launch, 5 put the bar face down like the kite,,,6> pick up the backlines one in each hand 7... walk them back to the kite (twisted? tangled? pull them through and notice this can't not be done IF you have a rear line hooked up to the front >>see that<<<automactic check built in) 8 when you have both ends of the rear lines in your hands at the kite you can hook them up RED TO RED GREEN TO GREEN your done soooooooo easy not to die,,
TRY THIS MEATHOD IT WORKS TELL EVERY BODY THAT fokiten IS SICK OF SEEING YOU FUCKERS DINGED UP AND FUCKING IT UP FOR ME,,
peace love and altitude
fokiten

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:48 am

while im here,,
you d-wads preaching to leave your lines hooked up to the kite like that is fool proof can kiss my ass,,,you fuckers know you will always have issues to sort out with this meathod,, so who you trying to bull-shit???
I love you wanta be know it all mofos that don't cut it when people die get it people are dieing understand?? knock off the bullshit
god you guys suck
f-u
fokiten

BlueSky
Frequent Poster

Postby BlueSky » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:48 am

Hi Fokiten,
that's a great method you are using with first connecting the steering lines and than unwrap the bar!! Thanks for the tip! :thumb:

Your other mails are quite interesting for us not native english people... :oops:
Ciao!

Return to “Kitesurfing”