*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:51 am
Posts: 141
Location: BoardMeeting
jbdc wrote:
Indeed the YouTube clock for Diez13's video counts just under 9 seconds. But similarly, the Vimeo clock on the Naish posted video counts 14.
So now we know it's bullshit for real :thumb:
tautologies wrote:
pjhardie wrote:
Hi guys - we just got the first batch of Naish Drafts in and I have been out testing them out over the last couple of days. Check out the full review here: http://www.realwatersports.com/2014-naish-draft-kite.

Nice. Just what I would expect from the kite. Did you guys ever ride the charger? How does it compare?
Compare to what :?: But if you're asking VS Cabrinha Velocity Race kite;
Velocity has better speed, better upwind leg, float and boosting what you'll see soon :wink:
So there is nothing special here what hasn't been done by other brands, because it has to do a lot with the rider :oops:
Because some of you are so blindfolded and pimping certain brands that there is no hope to see the reality :lol:

Maybe Naish should a been staying with their patented Zig-Zag wing to make that work and to be proud of,
instead of copying everybody else's recent ideas into their draft, what nobody can deny :argue:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:34 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm
Posts: 1115
Location: DownUnder/Brazil cumbuco-oceanview.com
pjhardie wrote:
Hi guys - we just got the first batch of Naish Drafts in and I have been out testing them out over the last couple of days. Check out the full review here: http://www.realwatersports.com/2014-naish-draft-kite.


Hi mate.

So this kite has high bar pressure and you like that? Why? I don't get it...
After 2 hours kiting on a new kite you know where the kite is.
Is there a micro hook option?

Cheers
Caesar 8)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:28 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8595
Location: Oahu
Aummm wrote:
jbdc wrote:
Indeed the YouTube clock for Diez13's video counts just under 9 seconds. But similarly, the Vimeo clock on the Naish posted video counts 14.
So now we know it's bullshit for real :thumb:
tautologies wrote:
pjhardie wrote:
Hi guys - we just got the first batch of Naish Drafts in and I have been out testing them out over the last couple of days. Check out the full review here: http://www.realwatersports.com/2014-naish-draft-kite.

Nice. Just what I would expect from the kite. Did you guys ever ride the charger? How does it compare?
Compare to what :?: But if you're asking VS Cabrinha Velocity Race kite;
Velocity has better speed, better upwind leg, float and boosting what you'll see soon :wink:
So there is nothing special here what hasn't been done by other brands, because it has to do a lot with the rider :oops:
Because some of you are so blindfolded and pimping certain brands that there is no hope to see the reality :lol:

Maybe Naish should a been staying with their patented Zig-Zag wing to make that work and to be proud of,
instead of copying everybody else's recent ideas into their draft, what nobody can deny :argue:


Cheesus dude. Compared to the charger kite. Their last race kite.
:D


Last edited by tautologies on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:22 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 29388
Location: World (KF Admin)
Caesar wrote:
pjhardie wrote:
Hi guys - we just got the first batch of Naish Drafts in and I have been out testing them out over the last couple of days. Check out the full review here: http://www.realwatersports.com/2014-naish-draft-kite.


Hi mate.

So this kite has high bar pressure and you like that? Why? I don't get it...
After 2 hours kiting on a new kite you know where the kite is.
Is there a micro hook option?

Cheers
Caesar 8)


Real man kite with bar pressure ;-)

I think in 2013 no bar has a microloop option.

But I do hope in 2014 more bars will have...I guess you will sell more bars :-)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:35 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 pm
Posts: 400
Location: Venice, Florida
Yep, bar pressure lets you feel where the kite is, even if it's not at full tension in the lines. Now sometimes it's absurd, to the point that you can't unhook for fear of the kite simply ripping your arms off, leaving you bleeding heavily in deep, shark-infested water... :lol:

I prefer a nice medium pressure. Nothing worse than a vague feeling about where the kite is if you aren't looking at it. I have flown some kites like that, with very little tension in the rear lines, and they tend to not pay attention to your input in some situations, and if you are't looking at it, you can't tell if it's at 1 o'clock or 2.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:29 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm
Posts: 1115
Location: DownUnder/Brazil cumbuco-oceanview.com
Flight Time wrote:
Yep, bar pressure lets you feel where the kite is, even if it's not at full tension in the lines. Now sometimes it's absurd, to the point that you can't unhook for fear of the kite simply ripping your arms off, leaving you bleeding heavily in deep, shark-infested water... :lol:...


I prefer the least possible bar pressure (of course still feeling tension in the lines). Coming from wake boarding and then having a big fat earlier Crossbow with very heavy bar pressure, the results were shoulder surgery.
I don't know what is so funny with that fear of unhooking a kite with heavy bar pressure. Go and unhook a 2008 12m Crossbow. You might be on the surgery table soon too and then will stop making jokes about it.

Cheers
Caesar

Attachment:
shoulder_surgery1.JPG
shoulder_surgery1.JPG [ 47.03 KIB | Viewed 1215 times ]


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:23 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8595
Location: Oahu
Flight Time wrote:
Yep, bar pressure lets you feel where the kite is, even if it's not at full tension in the lines. Now sometimes it's absurd, to the point that you can't unhook for fear of the kite simply ripping your arms off, leaving you bleeding heavily in deep, shark-infested water... :lol:

I prefer a nice medium pressure. Nothing worse than a vague feeling about where the kite is if you aren't looking at it. I have flown some kites like that, with very little tension in the rear lines, and they tend to not pay attention to your input in some situations, and if you are't looking at it, you can't tell if it's at 1 o'clock or 2.

Bar pressure is the same on all kites when you unhook


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:37 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm
Posts: 1115
Location: DownUnder/Brazil cumbuco-oceanview.com
tautologies wrote:
Bar pressure is the same on all kites when you unhook


So? You just re-defined science...


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:46 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:35 am
Posts: 286
The barpressure is NOT the same on all kites when you unhook!

If a kite has a heavy barpressure when hooked, and it takes a lot of effort to turn the kite - then when you unhook, it still takes a lot of pressure to turn the kite.

And the crossbow is one of the kites that really pulls. Some like it, some dont. I guess if you are a lighter rider you dont want this pull and would prefere a kite with another profile and shape?

In fact I dont even think it is easier to feel where the kite is, if the bar pressure is high. Then nomatter where the kite is in the window it just pulls. A precise bar feeling let you feel the kite. Also no pulleys in the bridle help with this feeling. Eg. with Slingshot and Ozone you still feel the kite with ease.

I look forward to test the draft, as Naish has been really good at making a nice and precise barfeeling with a medium to light pressure - and now the draft without pulleys as well. Damm I wish it was IKA registred...


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:57 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8595
Location: Oahu
Caesar wrote:
tautologies wrote:
Bar pressure is the same on all kites when you unhook


So? You just re-defined science...

I'm curious. How do you figure?

Lets just agree that bar pressure is the pull you feel in the bar at some sheeting position at a given point in the sky.

Once you unhook you are holding the front lines, and the bar pull becomes the full might of the kite. Barpressure will always be lower than that pull, and so it becomes irrelevant.

My point is that with the kite at a given position, you sheet the bar and feel pressure from the kite. Once you unhook, the kites pull is all in your hands. Kites might behave different in how they fly but that is not the same as the pull you have on the backline in a hooked position.

Lander: Not to many turn the kite unhooked though, unless you loop the kite.

For a final pedantry. If I managed to redefine science by my statement, then I am pretty well off actually. :thumb:


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Dave Whettingsteel and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group