bmencer
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Crazyfly Raptor Pro LTD ? Help

Postby bmencer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:46 am

Hey Gang

I am looking to buy my first "new" board and was looking at the crazyfly raptor pro LTD. I spent a week in costa rica riding the raptor pro and liked it however was getting alot of water in the face when I edged hard up wind. I know Crazyfly's marketing say the LTD eliminates that however I saw some pics of the underside of the board and it looks like its not flat. It almost appears to have a ridge right down the middle. To all of you have ridden this board how does the ridge down the middle change the ride compared to a convectional flat bottom board like the raptor pro. Locally the LTD is going for 850 so I would hate to blow that kind of money and find I hate it. Is the LTD worth the extra money? Any help and feedback would be appreciated..... Thanks for your help and input!

Bill

Loon
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake, Michigan
Favorite Beaches: Icarai/Isle do Guajaru/Cumbuco Brazil, Los Barriles BCS
Style: All of it.
Gear: Waiman 7, 9, 12 and Epic Screamer 14

Epic Spartan 129, F-One Trax 134, Waiman Blunt 137 W

Re: Crazyfly Raptor Pro LTD ? Help

Postby Loon » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:59 pm

I have the Raptor Pro LTD in a 132 and absolutely love it. It rips upwind and has pretty good pop. No water splash while riding. Love this board!

readyonot
Rare Poster
Local Beach: South Florida/ Great Lakes
Gear: Wainman 7, 9, 12, 15
Crazyfly
Slingshot Tyrant 5 11

Postby readyonot » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:14 pm

I also love my LTD, it goes upwind really well w/out a lot of spray. I don't have a lot of experience w/ other boards but compared to my light wind DOOR, there is minimal splash in the face... obv no board is going to keep you from getting any spray in the face.
I'm not a crazy fly rep or anything either

DJwilson
Medium Poster
Local Beach: South coast UK
Favorite Beaches: Nappeague, USA
Paros, GREECE
Wissand, FRANCE
Alvor, PORTUGAL
Style: Freeride, waves
Gear: Ozone, Wainman, various boards

Postby DJwilson » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:56 pm

Bill I posted a topic about the raptor pro LTD and the pro tour model a couple of weeks ago. Try and find it. There was nt a whole lot of feedback though to be honest. In general the consensus was that it was a decent board - my conclusion was that it maybe wasn t as good as it looked!

gibsonandpickett
Frequent Poster

Postby gibsonandpickett » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:44 am

My last 2 boards have been the raptor pro and have always had lots water in face.When this board has broken i will replace with one that doesnt water blast me. Great board in flat water but not in choppy water

yehonatan_naim
Rare Poster

Postby yehonatan_naim » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi bmencer,

(frist I want to say that I'm CF distributer in Israel, no we can continue)

Im very familer with those boards, I use the raptor pro since 2008 and the raptor pro LTD since 2011 the first year that this model born :jump: .
(and today I ride both 2013 Raptor Pro and Raptor pro LTD size 132X41).

altough the name of the board almost identical, those boards are really different.

basiclly on the begining of 2011 I rode the LTD and didn't like the PRO some where on middle of 2012 I fall in love with the PRO more then the LTD.
those days I use them both at the same frequency.

The Raptor Pro LTD is double concave and high rocker board.
has 0 spreay to face, its very smoth board. I call it the orthopedic board --> its like riding fancy car. you always feel comfortable.

The Raptor Pro is single concave and medium rocker.
its very fast board, upwind is unbelievable, hugh pop.-- >more like riding race car, it push you to the limit .

both board have very good pop and very smoth landing.

they are both superb in their field just take the one which fit your style.

Yehonatan Naim.
Last edited by yehonatan_naim on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

windybrit
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 69
Local Beach: AAO
Favorite Beaches: Isle de la Madelaine, Isle Lameque........ anywhere I can get water time
Style: awkward
Gear: Slingsht UFO 5 & 8 m
Airush Ultra 12
Cabrinha Moto 7 & 9 , Best TS 6m
OR Jester, Dwarfcraft w Fusion 950 Foil

Postby windybrit » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:48 pm

I rode my Raptor Pro Ltd in Costa Rica all last week and loved it ...its a great all around board and I think wets the face less than most. When the chop and gusts got really fierce I switched to my Mako . If it is your first board you might consider painting the fins fluro becuse when its upside down on the water it's a biatch to find......

sweisburd
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 92 kg
Local Beach: Rosario, Argentina
Favorite Beaches: Rosario, Melincué, Pinamar, Punta del Este, Cariló.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish Pivot 9 & Naish Dash 12. Naish Monarch 142- Naish Hover 142 Jet foil Wing 1050

Postby sweisburd » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:15 am

Hi,
I´ve just bought a Crazy Fly Raptor Pro LTD 136 x 41. I´ve just used it only one day but I loved it inmediately!
No water at all on your face, a lot of control in overpowered conditions, and lot of pop. Another thing that call my attention was the completely lack of noise... It´s a silent board in chopped waters.
Great in turnings and awesome going upwind.
The only cons is the colour, because in the lagoon where I tested it, the water is almost black so it´s almost imposible to find it if it turns down.
It´s the first time I bought a Crazy Fly, but for sure not the only one!

Return to “Kitesurfing”