Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish draft vid.... bullshit.

Forum for kitesurfers
funalex
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.

Postby funalex » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:58 pm

bar pressure to turn a kite, and bar pressure to power or depower the kite can be slightly different because of if tips of the kite are twisted or not, and width of tips.

another important thing in bar pressure is the lenght you had to pull the bar to turn it...if the distance is important, you feel the kite hard to steer, otherwise you feel it easy, even if the mesurement of bar pressure input is exactly the same.

maybe hard to explain/understand.

has the draft a high bar pressure in straight line or hard to turn?

I was curious on this draft, because in 2004 I tryed EXACTLY the same front-bridle and rear-bridle on a particular prototype, and I remember a soft bar pressure when you are depowered, and still good steering capabilities, and hard bar pressure when you power to the max, but a great feel so.

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i ... c02704.jpg

funalex
Very Frequent Poster

Postby funalex » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:03 pm

you are right tauto of course...

what make a hard bar pressure unhooked is the angle of attack of the kite...the less angle the kite have, the less bar pressure you have.

a race/high jump kite need a high AoA to perform well ... so unhooked will be very hard...hard bar pressure....but it's not the goal of this draft.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flight Time » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:49 am

Caesar wrote:I don't know what is so funny with that fear of unhooking a kite with heavy bar pressure. Go and unhook a 2008 12m Crossbow. You might be on the surgery table soon too and then will stop making jokes about it.
I can joke about it all I want. I have a 16M 2011 SB, and its got plenty of pressure. A couple of times the chicken loop ended up sideways on that shitty round hook on the Cabrinha harness with only the dick holding it on, and it ended up flipping off the hook when I wasn't prepared. Of course, when that happened, I had the good sense to let the damned bar go, or maybe it was ripped out of my hands as if it were attached to a cruise missile. Either way, no shoulder injuries. If you were purposely unhooking a kite that you had no prayer of being able to control unhooked, and then deathgripping it through an uncontrolled kiteloop in a hurricane, what do you expect, me to say sorry for your loss and hang my head? I don't like to see people get injured, but that isn't enough to make me ashamed of joking about something that is inherently funny.

lander
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby lander » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:37 am

Well. This thread takes the discussion in many directions ;)
First I dont think the draft was designed with unhooking in mind. But yes tout I used to turn my kite alot when unhooked in the waves. (And here a light pressure is needed for one handed stearing). But with the new airstyle it became more less. And even if the kite is parked there is different in pull when unhooked between kites, because of differece in shape and profile. But I think you are right that it is not so important because drift abillity and how the kite react when stalling.
New question - any weight info of the draft in the different sizes?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:45 pm

yes the thread does go in many directions.

I can see the one handed thing, but the way that isn't as much turning since you are drifting the kite much no?

Either way, the IKA thing is not a huge issue for since I will not be in IKA competitions...and yeah I agree I do not think this kite is made for unhooking anyway. I kind of doubt it has a lot of bar pressure compared to many other brands...Naish kites have not had a lot since the days of the shockwave, and they took care of that in a matter of months.
I'm kind of expecting an even feel through the sheeting, and good response.

The larger sizes has 3 struts. It does make sense. I guess that weight not so much of an isssue once you get going, but I do think it is worth exploring. I am quite sure that for ultralight wind weight matter more... There is a small window where that is important IMO...but well worth exploring.

droffats
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride, Hdrofoil, Waves, Big Air
Gear: Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, Cabrinha, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Postby droffats » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:17 am

We got our first 14m in red/black, but I can't decide if we just sell it quick or if we take it out, demo it, make a video, then sell it as used....

- Stafford

www.adventurekiteboarding.com

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:41 am

aaarrrrggghhhh. NICE!!!! Go out!!! Its looking pretty sweet. Red and black is a good combo.

Well good for me is that I can't even get out in a while...I'd be soo poor right now.
Pretty annoying I can see the wind and waves from my house, but have no option to go. ffffffff#$%^c

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:52 am

Also...take it out and report back. 14 would be my main size. and maybe 12. and.
I already sold my charger so I am ready...except for the pesky work stuff.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Dont worry bra Robbie wont mind if you log off and grab a session. Keeps it legit!

:wink:

droffats
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride, Hdrofoil, Waves, Big Air
Gear: Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, Cabrinha, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Postby droffats » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Caught a few seconds of a new guy (I think) on a Draft. For what it's worth anyway.

- Stafford

www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”