Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Forum for kitesurfers
Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Pump me up » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:17 am

SupaEZ wrote:I invite you to check up what "NO BS LW" looks like for this New High Performance "Freeride" kite

Fuse 2013 in size 16m2....projected 10.2m2...wind range "10kn" .....to 20kn

Fuse 2013 in size 18m2....projected 11.6m2...wind range "9kn" ......to 17kn

LOW END is not 8kn...7kn...6kn...5kn...4kn...3kn...2kn...it's nice when companies keep it REAL

Here is the North Fuse 2013 link http://www.northkites.com/products/kites/fuse/

............... :sun: :surf: :wink: :cheers: :advise: :dance: :bravo: :happybirthday: :pump: :thumb: .........
It IS good to see kite companies finally starting to show some honesty with light wind low end claims. Maybe Kiteforum threads calling "bullshit" had something to do with it???

Any claims by any company about being able to perform (stay upwind etc) in < 7-8k, are complete bs. This includes claims by Zeeko and Flysurfer, not to mention Epic. It is likely that, because of pure surface area, the 21m Zeeko light wind kite will have better light wind performance than any other "light wind kite". But Zeeko's claims that the kite can perform in "5 knots" are bs.

Pumpy ................................... :pump:

Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:46 am

PMU - Jesus dude...take your personal bullshit private. You clutter this place with non-stop BS. I'm guessing you are some old ass guy...who was a kiter when kiting first came around. And because you were one of the early kiters you somehow feel you have a right to act like a "fuckking dik" as OldnBroken so aptly put it.

Take your old busted ass down the road and bury yourself in the elephant graveyard. Oh yeah...don't forget to call me a Dimitri supporter. That's your weak ass excuse when you get your ass ripped on here by someone who goes against you.

Maybe you are just an inefficient kiter who HAS to have a 35 meter kite to get going in light winds and therefore call BS when you see LW claims made by others.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:27 am

Kiteus Maximus wrote:PMU - Jesus dude...take your personal bullshit private. You clutter this place with non-stop BS.
PMU is the author of this thread...that was started...before...you even joined kiteforum

.............................. :respekt: :pump: the anti-BS expert............... :wink:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:55 am

Kiteus Maximus wrote:PMU -
Maybe you are just an inefficient kiter who HAS to have a 35 meter kite to get going in light winds and therefore call BS when you see LW claims made by others.
Pay attention at 0:25sec..0:26sec..0:27sec of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82VYzNt4220

Directly onshore 8kn wind...smaller V3 stuck on the inside...Riot XR2 LW 19 on the outside ripping

We are both in the same wind speed....all he would need is one more knot ...to do better it seems

Just look at he kite's shape and sizes...totally unfair i agree....
...........but the showdown was to prove a crucial point...and debunk the myth of the Infinity's power

His kite DOES NOT have the power of a 19m2...and especially mine :wink:

.................................... :surf: :sun: :cheers: ........................

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:29 am

:
Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PVITfrumBYRAM
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, NC
Style: Instruction
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby PVITfrumBYRAM » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:57 am

To be fair, that core is 19m. My former instructor asked Dimitri what size kite he was flying during his EPIC 2 knot day. Dimitri replied, "zero meters, there is no square meters in the kite. It is infinity, Epic light wind kite that's all you need to know, no meters"

So 0 meters against 19 meters, its a little unfair to compare. haha.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:11 am

So SupaCheezy,

Still have only a trailer consisting of carefully chosen 5-second shots of you supposedly kicking D's ass in light wind, and no background on how you both got to the positions you were in? Wasn't this supposed showdown more than three months ago? I'm sure if D got hold of the raw footage, he could put together several 5 second shots where you looked like a failure. Just post the whole raw footage, because edits (especially coming from mister got-something-to-prove) are always chosen with a bias.

Even if you could get your hands on a 25 meter kite, it won't be enough to make light wind kiting fun. After testing a number of light wind kites, I have concluded that in sub-10 knots, nothing will let you do anything more than just endlessly ride back and forth, constantly fighting to stay upwind, until you get bored (maybe an hour?) and pack up and go home.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:08 am

It IS good to see kite companies finally starting to show some honesty with light wind low end claims. Maybe Kiteforum threads calling "bullshit" had something to do with it???
Any claims by any company about being able to perform (stay upwind etc) in < 7-8k, are complete bs. This includes claims by Zeeko and Flysurfer, not to mention Epic. It is likely that, because of pure surface area, the 21m Zeeko light wind kite will have better light wind performance than any other "light wind kite". But Zeeko's claims that the kite can perform in "5 knots" are bs.
Once again Mr.Pumpy,
It depends of the equipment you are using. You can't stay upwind if you are using a very small board or a small kite. You need to choose your equipment very carefully. A poor carpenter will blame his tools.
So if you want to venture in light wind conditions, you will need to get the right equipment for that.
I made few videos where you see I am able to kite in very very light wind conditions, but every time I did so I was using the perfect weapon to venture in these conditions. I was able to stay upwind on the INFINITY V2 and V3 but again I chose the right weapon and used a big boards such as an SUP board in less (5 knots) with the INFINITY V3 and was using also the OXYGEN (135x47cm) in (7 to 10 knots) and the REEF Surf Board in the waves in (7 to 9 knots) with the INFINITY V2.
Again in (6 to 7 knots) I could not stay upwind on my OXYGEN Twin Tip board. And in the waves most of the times when it is 7 to 9 knots I rather do a down winder and catch as many waves as possible rather then just try to fight my way back up wind.
So in few words you need to get the right equipment for the right conditions.

Now concerning the performance of other kite companies in such light wind.... well that is another subject. I personally know the performance and capability of the INFINITY v2 & v3 and this is the reason why I stand behind it or any other EPIC product I come out with. If I don't beleive in a product, I won't release it. It is as simple as that. Now do us all a favor and let me know if you want to get an INFINITY V2 kite so you can test it and put an end to this BS that you started.
Attachments
DIMITRI standing behind his product.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:14 am

SupaEZ wrote:
Kiteus Maximus wrote:PMU - Jesus dude...take your personal bullshit private. You clutter this place with non-stop BS.
PMU is the author of this thread...that was started...before...you even joined kiteforum

.............................. :respekt: :pump: the anti-BS expert............... :wink:
You have some serious dumb ass logic. You think I never read this board before I signed up for an account? Supa DUMB!

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:14 am

Jeez,
SupaEgo you really are making yourself look worse and worse.....you have some serious issues man, quite sad really

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :bye:

Return to “Kitesurfing”