Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:43 pm

First off thanks PMU for reviving this thread on Feb 16th that was dormant like a bear in winter......
...since Jan 30th..........(it was kinda nice to have a break....but now back to work)

I figure i should jump in and take the heat for U...way too much heat :angryfire: for just one person

All the usual suspects are in rare form (rested) & eager to respond ..OLDNB FTM WSK KTMAX

Gotta say that DMTR does keep the coolest head..and they should learn from him...to stay focused

Like DMTR told me when we hung out ....what is wrong with some of those people on KF?
Are they jealous that we kite 200+ times a year? Yes i said...plus i think they just want blood :wink:

......................... :desperado: :ditsch: .......................................................................................................

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:58 pm

SupaEZ wrote:I figure i should jump in and take the heat for U...way too much heat :angryfire: for just one person

All the usual suspects are in rare form (rested) & eager to respond ..OLDNB FTM WSK KTMAX
Thanks for taking the heat Supa - appreciate it. You are right, of course, the usual semi-literate keyboard-jockey Epic apologists and stooges. I can't be bothered engaging with them - it's nice that you can though!

A good way to shut them up and to prove the point once and for all is to post THAT video. I know you realise it, but 321kiteboarding needs to get onto it!!!

Keep on pumping.

Cheers,

Pumpy ................. :pump:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Dimitri M wrote:[
Once again Mr.Pumpy,
It depends of the equipment you are using. You can't stay upwind if you are using a very small board or a small kite. You need to choose your equipment very carefully. A poor carpenter will blame his tools.
So if you want to venture in light wind conditions, you will need to get the right equipment for that.
I made few videos where you see I am able to kite in very very light wind conditions, but every time I did so I was using the perfect weapon to venture in these conditions.
We were BOTH using our most perfect LW sky weapons during the friendly showdown

My weapon did accelerate me faster and pulled me away from the beach quicker in 8kn

My weapon allowed me to get airborne earlier and more often in identical low wind speed

Side by side videos proves much more that just solo riding videos when LW is concerned

Additionally similar rider experience and enthusiasm in riding LW is required for such testing

321 will get on it this week with the anticipated movie :wink:

................................... :thumb: ..........................................................................................................

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby DrLightWind » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:44 pm

SupaEZ wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:[Once again Mr.Pumpy,
You can't stay upwind if you are using a very small board or a small kite.
You need to choose your equipment very carefully. A poor carpenter will blame his tools.
So if you want to venture in light wind conditions, you will need to get the right equipment for that.
you see I am able to kite in very very light wind conditions,
so I was using the perfect weapon to venture in these conditions.
My weapon did accelerate me faster and pulled me away from the beach quicker in 8kn

My weapon allowed me to get airborne earlier and more often in identical low wind speed

Additionally similar rider experience and enthusiasm in riding LW is required for such testing

................................... :thumb:
So what I'm getting at the end since you guys didn't swap the kites,
than D had a better weapon for the light conditions :wink:
but SupaEZ is a better rider from these 2 quotes to be fair, Isn't it :?: :idea:

DrLW

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:01 pm

but SupaEZ is a better rider from these 2 quotes to be fair, Isn't it :?: :idea:
DrLW
Hello DrLightWind. I think the result of that day was that we both were able to kite in these light wind conditions and have a good time even with my 182 lbs and the 22 meter lines I was using + a Twin Tip board.
Yes I should of used the 5 meter extension lines that comes with the INFINITY kite but did not need them.
But also not to forget Mr SupaEZ is a way better kiter.
Attachments
Dimitri learning to kite in Cabarete during the EPIC demo.jpg
EPIC CIGARS after an EPIC SESSION.jpg

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:46 pm

:
Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:09 am

Oldnbroken wrote:
SupaEZ wrote:321 will get on it this week with the anticipated movie :wink:
So, I see more re-editing on the little SupaEZ vs Dimitri teaser trailer for the "anticipated movie".

Nothing new, nothing different, still beating the dead horse.
I gotta ask you.... why not say still beating the dead dog instead ? It's a valid question

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:47 am

:
Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:26 am

Dimitri M wrote:
DrLW
Hello DrLightWind. I think the result of that day was that we both were able to kite in these light wind conditions and have a good time even with my 182 lbs and the 22 meter lines I was using + a Twin Tip board.
Yes I should of used the 5 meter extension lines that comes with the INFINITY kite but did not need them.
But also not to forget Mr SupaEZ is a way better kiter.
Hello DrLightwind.I think the result of that day was that both were able to kite in theses light wind
conditions and have a good time even with my 165 lbs and the 27 meter lines i was using + a Twin Fin surfboard.
Yes i should have not use 3 meter extension lines that comes with the CORE RIOT XR2LW but
did not need them off.
But also not to forget Mr Dimitri is a way better kiter

So if we are both better...then it just leaves the kites :boxing: :duel:

Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:18 am

SupaEZ wrote: Like DMTR told me when we hung out ....what is wrong with some of those people on KF?
.......................................................................................................
Dude...I'm 23 which I am guessing in more than half your age and I am smart enough to realize the only reason Dimitri "hung out" with you was because the option of not hanging out would have been an unspoken act of submission. Dimitri doesn't strike me as a submissive type based on how vehemently he responds to you and PMU's posts. No business owner in the world of kiting is gonna' dis you like that because he needs to maintain a rep. He's selling kites bro. He agreed with you about the KF posters to make you feel at ease. He won't admit it but he loves posts like mine and others who call you and PMU out.

You and PMU wouldn't shut up with this dumb ass thread. PMU obviously has some inferiority complex with Dimitri and you are a parrot on PMU's shoulder. That's whats wrong bro. Peeps get sick of dudes like you and PMU stinkin' up a place.

My excuse is I am 23 and still exercising my youthful angst through belittling 185 yr old Internet forum flamers like you. Guys like you and PMU are dinosaurs. First on an Internet forum and think you own the place.

PMU is a dick head because he makes dick head statements. You are guilty by association.

I gave you my unfiltered excuse. What's your excuse dude?

Return to “Kitesurfing”