Gear: EPIC screamer and Renegade
EPIC DROID
BEST Thruster
Brand Affiliation: EPIC
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby kitewise » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:43 pm

Dimitri M wrote:With all due respect Mr. Pumpy but did it ever occur to you that maybe you are the one who can't perform in these light wind conditions. A poor carpenter will blame his tools. I think you might need to get more kite experience to be able to perform in these light wind conditions because it has been proven so many times in how low wind the INFINITY v3 kite can perform. Now it is all up to you.
:allbegood:
I'm not very good at guessing wind velocity, I just know when and when I cannot get going.
Recently, I was at a beach in S. Fla. With my v2.
The beach was full of 15's &16's. Not flying......on the beach!
I got going on an onshore wind, pointing and jumping(133x43 tt & 195lbs) while the others sat in amazement.
Quickly, all the other kites launched. I thought the wind must of picked up a bit but it had not.
In 10 minutes all the big kites were walking up the beach. It's the v2!
No trouble pointing upwind. Frankly, I don't see what all this 70 pages is about
Thanks,
Phil

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:00 pm

Pump me up wrote: ...

FAKE FORUM NAMES & ABUSE
Epic's supporters admit to creating fake personas on this forum, replete with the same retarded spelling, grammar, and syntax. The fake personas push Epic products & abuse anyone who DARES to question their claims. These fake personas, e.g. ...

Pumpy ……………………… :pump:
OUCH !!
Now What was that expression that fit's here ? ------- OH Yea i remember now :

From wikipedia :

The phrase "The pot calling the kettle black" is an idiom used to claim that a
person is guilty of the very thing of which they accuse another.

That sound close Alex***** ... ?

Bille
Last edited by Bille on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:28 pm

:
Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:02 am

Oldnbroken wrote: .
The endless technical negative chatter from PMU and the endless ego stroking off that SupaEZ is addicted to........is just that.
You did so much better Chrys with your chosen words
NO F words.....you kept it clean :wink:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:03 am

kitewise wrote: Frankly, I don't see what all this 70 pages is about
Thanks,
Phil
It is about a claim that you can go out and kiteboard in 2-4 knots.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Been thanked: 0

Postby Geronimo79 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:09 am

@ Taut

NO that is not true... Thats what people like Sup and pump try to make out of it.

The claim is Dimitri was able to get slowly dragged on a huge SUB with a kite actually stable in the air in a windrange of 2/4 knots (so safe to assume luls are 2 average is 4). As you see in the videos.
Thats something totally different then kiteboard in my opinion. Still amazing though.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:20 am

Geronimo79 wrote:@ Taut

NO that is not true... Thats what people like Sup and pump try to make out of it.

The claim is Dimitri was able to get slowly dragged on a huge SUB with a kite actually stable in the air in a windrange of 2/4 knots (so safe to assume luls are 2 average is 4). As you see in the videos.
Thats something totally different then kiteboard in my opinion. Still amazing though.
I've said it many times. It is easy to see the wind is light, but he did say he could kite in 2-4 knots. He also confirmed it in this thread when I asked if he could kite. And yeah I can see it is on a SUP, but actually if you can kite SUP, you can kite a foil or a raceboard. That is not feasible in 2-4 knots.

My biggest problem isn't that he believes it, is that the information can actually be dangerous. It is also a kind of silly claim as the designer who also designs for other companies suddenly makes this magic kite, yet the other kites he designs for other companies doesn't even come close to that wind range.
If someone goes out in that wind, and their kite drops, unless they have their feet solidly placed on the sea floor, they will be in the hands of currents that does not always follow the wind patters.
Either way. Tot Ziens. :)

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:27 am

kitewise wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:With all due respect Mr. Pumpy but did it ever occur to you that maybe you are the one who can't perform in these light wind conditions. A poor carpenter will blame his tools. I think you might need to get more kite experience to be able to perform in these light wind conditions because it has been proven so many times in how low wind the INFINITY v3 kite can perform. Now it is all up to you.
:allbegood:
I'm not very good at guessing wind velocity, I just know when and when I cannot get going.
Recently, I was at a beach in S. Fla. With my v2.
The beach was full of 15's &16's. Not flying......on the beach!
I got going on an onshore wind, pointing and jumping(133x43 tt & 195lbs) while the others sat in amazement.
Quickly, all the other kites launched. I thought the wind must of picked up a bit but it had not.
In 10 minutes all the big kites were walking up the beach. It's the v2!
No trouble pointing upwind. Frankly, I don't see what all this 70 pages is about
Thanks,
Phil
Nice one sided report...but you got me curious....and i will play detective
You did so much better than all the others guys....you are heavy & on a somewhat narrow & short TT
Additionally your statement : i'm not very good at guessing wind velocity... boggled my mind
It had to be more than mostly your supa grunty V2 for such results

I checked your profile and here it is:
Kiting since 2000
Brand affiliation : Epic

................AND YOU ARE NOT VERY GOOD AT GUESSING WIND VELOCITY :roll: :lol: ............

Any more details you omitted from your article ............like.........
...the 15 & 16 were not LW specific kites and the kiters at that beach totally sucked

Of course you blew them away with your expertise....the kite contributed as much as you did!

I will tell you how much wind YOU HAD based on your weight / board / going upwind / jumping

By process of elimination.....i was not 8kn
It was not 8.5kn...because Dimitri needs that to break even on beam reach..at 182lbs on 135x47
You would need 10kn to break even on beam reach on 133x43
So the answer is 11knots...to go upwind and starting to jump

The wind velocity you were in .....................had lulls to 10kn with puffs to 12kn

You are welcome....glad to clarify your expert Epic session :wink:

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:10 am

kitewise wrote:No trouble pointing upwind. Frankly, I don't see what all this 70 pages is about
Thanks,
Phil
It is incredible that this has reached over 70 pages :o I think what is behind it more than anything is Dimitri's over the top sales approach to his brand, which seems to be based about making totally over the top claims, and how this seems to aggrovate some people on the forum. I personally do not believe the video of Dimitri on his SUP was in 2-4 knots as claimed. Nor do I believe the Infinity V3 is a revolutionary kite. To be honest you would have to be a fool to buy into either of those claims. However I am sure it is a good lightwind freestyle kite, and some people will like it while others will not.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:49 am

It is about a claim that you can go out and kiteboard in 2-4 knots.
With all due respect Mr. tautologies maybe you personally and few other kiters can't go in 2 to 4 knots on an SUP board with the INFINITY v3 but for sure I was able to. Plus I have so many witnesses that were there and saw the reading of the wind speed that day. Don't take me wrong, it was no much fun but just adrenaline pumping. It was also nice to see that the INFINITY V3 was able to stay up in the air while every body else on the beach could not beleive it. As you can see from the video, I was going very very slow barely moving and staying up wind. If it was blowing more then 4.5 knots you would of been able to see more water splashing against the SUP because of the pull of the kite. Check the video again and you will see that there was no more then 4 knots or 4.6 mph and their is no resistance of the board against the water because the kite has no power to pull me.
Once again I was able to prove what I wanted to prove. That the INFINITY V3 prototype was able to stay up in the air while I was slowly moving on the SUP board. The interesting part was that no one else wanted to venture out, and was watching me very carefully to see the out come of that day.
Again this is not fore every one.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”