Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Surfboard riders...Whats your biggest Kite?

Forum for kitesurfers
14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Re: Surfboard riders...Whats your biggest Kite?

Postby 14ToeSide » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:40 am

Speed 3 21M

Dr Makani
Medium Poster
Local Beach: CA, HI
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dr Makani » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Brent4336 wrote:Dude you can call it whatever you want. It wont change what I'm after. Correct me if Im wrong, but your a muttant rider? The post is directed at Surfboard riders specifically. Of course your mileage is gonna vary from the norm when your comparing apples and oranges. Nowhere in here is there attempt at offence, just clarity. What your doing is not what the OP is asking, so maybe find offence elsewhere.
"If you want to converse with me, first define your terms" - Voltaire

I think everybody is right thus nobody is. Just riding a surfboard you could use any kite, any size, any shape, any color, any whatever. The moment you go with your surfboard into waves, you change your terms. Sure, you still could use any kite and any size, but that would be like going grocery shopping with your suitcase ...

Just my simplification ...

peace

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Starsky » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:13 pm

you can grocery shop with your underwear on your head if you want, but the majority who dont go bigger than 10m on their surfboards are gonna think your a looney!

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: IB, Rauls, 38's, Gavs
Style: surf
Gear: North, Ocean Rodeo, Firewire

Postby TommyDuotone » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:11 am

The original post that was started over a year ago clearly stated "Surfboard riders...What's your biggest kite?" Any many of us that kite in areas with good surf(So. Cal, Baja, Florida, Hawaii, ect) use a 12m and up with our surfboards in light wind. Then somewhere in the babble it became a topic on what is considered proper "Wave Riding," when I posted a pic of my buddy going upwind on a left in light wind. Apparently, there's quite a few "Wave Riding Experts," on the forum. Wonder how much wave riding they have actually done. None of the stuff we do with a kite is really wave riding unless your lines have slack. If you really want to know what wave riding feels like, release your kite right after you drop in. Or, just paddle in. What we do with a kite is KITESURFING. We use a kite to tear up wave faces on our surfboards, directionals, mutants, twin tips, skim boards, ect, it's all good and a fukin BLAST :thumb:

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:18 am

mostly 9m min
absolute desperation - 12

a kite that pulls super hard when turned is what i like - as well as reasonably fast turning, 20m lines in high winds or 22m otherwise

Hawaiis
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kailua

Postby Hawaiis » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:55 am

Ozone Edge17

Return to “Kitesurfing”