Forum for kitesurfers
kazama-fury
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby kazama-fury » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:57 pm

KiteCulture wrote:actually....looks like a dead tie to me. On land the Infinity seemed to be a little more stable. D botched the reverse launch once, but if you hadn't cut it, looks as though it got back in the sky. You were both riding, you both worked the kite about the same on the water.

so.... I pretty much call a draw. This vid didn't show me any reason to not buy either kite frankly. And I'd prefer to fly a slightly smaller kite than a 19 but that's just me.

Where is the smackdown that you speak of?

lame
gotta agree with kiteculture here...

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Ok guys,
Who wants some milk with their coffee while waiting to see once again a new video proving the performance of the INFINITY V3 performing in very very light wind (actually this time you'll tell me how much its blowing.). The ball is in your court.
:thumb:
Attachments
IMG_0509 2.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:13 pm

:
Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Olivier D
Medium Poster
Gear: Epic Screamer 2010 9m
Slingshot Lunacy
Brand Affiliation: EPIC

Postby Olivier D » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:34 pm

I think SupaEZ didn't show us the correct video :lol:

I'll go for the Infinity. Smaller size and seems to be more stable.

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiteCulture » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:06 pm

D, I think you can save the trouble... doesn't seem like there is anything to prove.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:09 pm

:
Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:33 pm

No trouble at all guys. I am so passionate about this sport that I love sharing it with all my fellow kiters. Even if they don't beleive in the performance of the kite. So the more videos having fun in any type of conditions the better.
You have to understand that I am very lucky to be able to do what I do as a leaving. Because I know that a lot of people are stuck behind a desk trying to make the best of it and having these videos out there helps them get through their hard working day during the week.
:thumb:

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:33 pm

Trying to be totally objective I would say it shows that the Infinity has problems staying upwind in these winds - which is something alot of people have commented about. Although it is not a totally fair comparison since the other rider is on a directional, but Dmitri is also a professional kitesurfer so that also has to be taken into account. Like all these things it comes down to personal choice, some people might try the Infinity and love it, others will not. Although for me personally the main priority for a lightwind kite is upwind performance not doing tricks - I dont want to spend my time walking back upwind. The lightwind kite I am really interested in is the Airush zero which is extremely light weight because it has no struts

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:09 pm

KiteCulture wrote:On land the Infinity seemed to be a little more stable.
how do you figure this? I think you are reaching here....

You know what. Look at the first part of what UKsurf wrote. It seems like a fair assessment to me.

I'd say in general the kites look similar. Not really a smack down, but there is only one person who is kiting...that matters. This is really why I like raceboarding...on a raceboard you actually go powered in those conditions...

It is challenging to get out from onshore beach break, but there is no need for the "lame" label etc.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:14 pm

Like all these things it comes down to personal choice, some people might try the Infinity and love it, others will not. Although for me personally the main priority for a lightwind kite is upwind performance not doing tricks - I dont want to spend my time walking back upwind. The lightwind kite I am really interested in is the Airush zero which is extremely light weight because it has no struts
UKSurf, please do me a big favor and try the AIRUSH ZERO and see what you think because I did try it. Since you are in the UK maybe it will be also nice to get in touch with our EPIC dealer in the UK and demo also the INFINITY V2 because kiters that know how to kite in light wind conditions don't have a problem staying up wind on the INFINITY kite. You need to have the correct board and also know the technique on how to go up wind in these light wind conditions.
Also you will see that the LE of the AIRUSH ZERO is twice as big as the LE of the INFINITY v2 kite. So it is not as light as you think.
:(
Also if you want to race up wind you can always us a RACE board and go on a 12 meter or 14 meter kite in 9 to 13 knots. But again it all depends of the rider's skills.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”