Forum for kitesurfers
UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby UKSurf » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Dimitri M wrote:UKSurf, please do me a big favor and try the AIRUSH ZERO and see what you think because I did try it. Since you are in the UK maybe it will be also nice to get in touch with our EPIC dealer in the UK and demo also the INFINITY V2 because kiters that know how to kite don't have a problem staying up wind on the INFINITY kite.
I will try the Airush Zero at the first opportunity dont worry . Having a high aspect ratio 17m with the weight of a 10m sounds very exciting. To me zero strut kites are the future of light wind kiting. I would try the infinity if there was a local demo but I am not willing to pay postage to try it.

Edit: where did you try the Airush Lithium Zero, afaik it is not released yet.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 pm

where did you try the Airush Lithium Zero, afaik it is not released yet.
I am sorry UKSurf, but I can't give you all my secrets and burn my bridges. I hope you understand.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:45 pm

Dimitri M wrote: But again it all depends of the rider's skills.
After seeing a video where you did not make it upwind and another kite did I think it is time for you to stop using this argument. ;-)

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:06 am

After seeing a video where you did not make it upwind and another kite did I think it is time for you to stop using this argument.
I am sorry Mr.tautologies but I think you need to go kiting more often or get some of my fresh milk (see picture).
The reason I was walking back to where the people were filming was due to the fact that I was staying on the inside and the water was very shallow 2 to 6 inches deep and the tie was going out plus it was on shore light wind. And some times the water would retreat so much that I was almost kiting on an inch of water.
The fact is that I did not want to swim to chest deep water and go through these waves like what SupaEZ did. So I started directly from the beach in 1 to 2 inches of water and was going back and forth. If you know about kiting you will understand how hard it is to stay up wind in such light wind conditions plus with the waves coming and pushing you down. It was hard to get through these small waves especially in these light wind on shore conditions. So again I don't understand your argument.
Attachments
IMG_0512.jpg

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:19 am

:
Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:27 am

UKsurf when you are ready to return to the water after the winter the offer is still there for you to demo the V3 :thumb:
Just let me know when (its with Kitesurf Mag) at the moment but should be available again very soon.

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding
Been thanked: 0

Postby Tiago1973 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:40 am

love this, it´s like Dallas
Dimitri M wrote:
The fact is that I did not want to swim to chest deep water and go through these waves like what SupaEZ did.
so u are saying SupaEz went to the outside by swimming? not just by.. kiting up-wind?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:54 am

so u are saying SupaEz went to the outside by swimming? not just by.. kiting up-wind?
Yes you are correct Tiago1973 because his surf/race board had very long fins and where I was the water was too shallow (1 to 6 inches deep) so he had to swim out past the break to be able to get on his board so his fins don't touch the bottom.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:18 am

Dimitri M wrote:
After seeing a video where you did not make it upwind and another kite did I think it is time for you to stop using this argument.
I am sorry Mr.tautologies but I think you need to go kiting more often or get some of my fresh milk (see picture).
The reason I was walking back to where the people were filming was due to the fact that I was staying on the inside and the water was very shallow 2 to 6 inches deep and the tie was going out plus it was on shore light wind. And some times the water would retreat so much that I was almost kiting on an inch of water.
The fact is that I did not want to swim to chest deep water and go through these waves like what SupaEZ did. So I started directly from the beach in 1 to 2 inches of water and was going back and forth. If you know about kiting you will understand how hard it is to stay up wind in such light wind conditions plus with the waves coming and pushing you down. It was hard to get through these small waves especially in these light wind on shore conditions. So again I don't understand your argument.
Anyways the way I read this is that as long as you stay upwind it is skill, if anyones else does it is because they cheat..or use different gear?

See that is my whole point....stop saying it all depends on the riders skill and then in the next sentence it doesn't. You do not get it both ways. I am not sure this is not absolutely clear.

You really do sound super arrogant when you claim that you can kite in 2 to 4 knots, but others cannot because they lack the skill...then once a video shows up with some wind you cannot keep up with others.

I personally I think it seems like the kites are doing pretty similar...but for the love of goats...stop telling people they don't have your lightwind skills.

Edit: I bet you will win the jump into houses competition any day of the week.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:01 am

The Smack down is that in 2-4 Knots where the kite is Flying Ain't gonna happen even if you are standing on an Aircraft carrier rather than an SUP! :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday:

Return to “Kitesurfing”