Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:44 pm

Hello ktm670,
I understand you reasons why you want the twist INFLATE/DEFLATE valves. But again last year on all my prototypes I had the same twist INFLATE/DEFLATE valves that Cabrinha uses and they gave me such a problem in different ways. I also tried the LF ones and it was more headaches. So why change something that works and is dependable!!! This is the reason why I decided not to use them on the 3G and 3G II models.
Now concerning the ball coming out of the INFLATE valve. Check this video and you will see that actually you don't need the ball on your inflate valve.
Also having the INFLATE valve peeling off the LE was a small problem we had and we took care of it.
But once again I am collecting all your ideas and I truly appreciate the time you are taking to post these comments. This is one of the reason why we are doing so great, because of you guys.
Thank you.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:33 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Hello guys,
As you probably know we have been working on the prototype (4G) EPIC kites for a while. We have been testing few different ideas to see if we can come up with something better. But it is so hard since we already have something amazing. But any way we are still working on it.
We are also working on few different ideas such as the Pulleys. snip
Hi mate,

I believe the pullies would be a big improvement. Are these the ones with the 1200 lb rating?
I'm sure you have seen the state of bridle lines after a few months of usage. The 10m LTD bridles is the second set of lines. The bridles on the 9m Screamer are still the first ones. Even though the first thing I do after entering the water is dipping the kite with the bridles into the water to remove any sand which might be still on there but I still end up with such heavy wearing.
130305bridle1.jpg
130305bridle2.jpg
The sliders were an improvement to the rings but I'm sure pullies would work out better. Have you tested if there are any performance improvements too?

I also agree with the others regarding the one-way-valve. But it might be hard to find a suitable one which can stand the high pressure the Screamer kites require (I pump up my Screamers between 10.5PSI and 11PSI).
I remember one of my Cabrinha one-way-valve popped out frequently when I pumped it up with too much pressure (we are talking here about 8.5PSI). But there might be some suitable valves out there now? What were your problems with them?

Cheers
Caesar 8)

PS: If I'm not too late and should you have 4 more pullies for testing, could you send them my way too?

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby windsuks » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:51 pm

Dimitri M wrote:windsuks,
RONSTAN just gave me your shipping confirmation for these pulleys. You should have them by Thursday or Wed.

Poster: nikalaitzian,
I dont trust bearings .... specialy when i go out and throw megaloops...
Malaka send me your address via email and will send you also a set of these pulleys for your to test.

Pulleys and some very funky new Aluminium sliders arrived today, that was quick...Epic!
Cheers D

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:04 pm

Pulleys and some very funky new Aluminium sliders arrived today, that was quick...Epic!
Cheers D
Whaooo that was fast from RONSTAN!!!
windsuks, make sure to test both of these different type of pulleys. One of them are the RONSTAN RF 25109 and the other one are just prototype that RONSTAN wants me to test to see the results. They are a little like the "Epic Metal Sliders Pulleys" that we have now but different material and shape. But please don't post any pictures of these new prototype ones.

P.S. On the other hand these pictures are from people demoing the EPIC kites here in Anguilla
Attachments
Dimitri working on a new move.jpg
7J2U4053.jpg
7J2U4109.jpg

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:53 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
Cheers D
Whaooo that was fast from RONSTAN!!!
windsuks, make sure to test both of these different type of pulleys. One of them are the RONSTAN RF 25109 and the other one are just prototype that RONSTAN wants me to test to see the results. They are a little like the "Epic Metal Sliders Pulleys" that we have now but different material and shape. But please don't post any pictures of these new prototype ones.

P.S. On the other hand these pictures are from people demoing the EPIC kites here in Anguilla
And ..... where are mine?35+ is coming next week!!!!

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kite2Heaven » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:20 am

Hi Dimitri, are you able to get some pics or reviews of the V3 on a race board - for the 'fun' side of lightwind cruising... A lot of people are curious about this side of it, as opposed to a race kite.,.

fr3style
Rare Poster
Style: Old Skeeewl!!
Gear: Epic Renegade 11m 9m 4m
Aaron hadlow prolimit harness
CrazyFly 132x 39 board

Postby fr3style » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:06 pm

I would like to say that WE are amazed how much the people like the Harness from Epic.

I admit that when I first saw it and held it in my hands, My imidate thought was this is a chinese quality harness that will feel weird. I WAS WRONG!!!
All my costumers who bought them are raving about how good they are and how light they are.

The sizes are a bit off we think here. The S is really a M and M is a L. But its fine I use the old well you must have gone down a size good for you! line.

Only funny comment I got was. Damn David this is a nice harness. Have had it on for 3 hours now and I love it. Too bad its not as good looking and it is good. My reply was well Its like a LEXUS. It works perfect and its discrete.

We can´t get the harnesses in at the rate we sell them!

Any one wanting to try them this is my tip. Is you are 32" or under waist size get the SMALL if you are over 34" get the Medium

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Caesar » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:41 pm

fr3style wrote:...The sizes are a bit off we think here. The S is really a M and M is a L. But its fine I use the old well you must have gone down a size good for you! line.
It is the same with every other harness too, not only the Epic harnesses. I don't know what and how it is measured. Maybe they measure it with 5 wetsuits underneath?

Cheers
Caesar 8)

fr3style
Rare Poster
Style: Old Skeeewl!!
Gear: Epic Renegade 11m 9m 4m
Aaron hadlow prolimit harness
CrazyFly 132x 39 board

Postby fr3style » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Caesar wrote:
fr3style wrote:...The sizes are a bit off we think here. The S is really a M and M is a L. But its fine I use the old well you must have gone down a size good for you! line.
It is the same with every other harness too, not only the Epic harnesses. I don't know what and how it is measured. Maybe they measure it with 5 wetsuits underneath?

Cheers
Caesar 8)

Caesar voce mora no Brazil ou DU?

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Caesar » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:54 pm

fr3style wrote:
Caesar wrote:

Cheers
Caesar 8)

Caesar voce mora no Brazil ou DU?
Brazil amigo 8)

Return to “Kitesurfing”