All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Learn a kiteloop
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:39 pm 
Frequent Poster

Just jump,pull the bar as hard as you can,just commit,land down wind and all will be fine.To many over think this move.You'll probably be disappointed as to how little pull you'll get from the majority of modern kites when you steer kite quickly,it will just pivot quickly.Remember when first learning to kitesurf how fast and out of control you felt when you first started to get up and riding,felt like a bat out of hell,really wasn't though!Same deal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:55 pm 
Rare Poster

pj sofine wrote:
Just jump,pull the bar as hard as you can,just commit,land down wind and all will be fine.To many over think this move.You'll probably be disappointed as to how little pull you'll get from the majority of modern kites when you steer kite quickly,it will just pivot quickly.Remember when first learning to kitesurf how fast and out of control you felt when you first started to get up and riding,felt like a bat out of hell,really wasn't though!Same deal

Ok well I do random jump with normal speed when take off. Than I wait till my heighest jump, than I pull hard on the bar to make kiteloop as quick as i can... How about bar should be powered or half depowered while pulling hard on the bar? I did half of loop once at full speed when taking off, yeah it did hurt much...

So if im right:

1. Edging with normal speed (not underpowered not overpowered)
2. Jump and wait to reach highest heigh.
3. Before start falling down, pull hard on the bar to make quick kiteloop(depowered or powered?).
4. Point board downwind.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:21 pm 
Frequent Poster

bar powered and
if powered up properly on a mid size jump, pull the bar just before you reach the top of the jump

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:01 am 
Very Frequent Poster

right - and the two common mistakes are

1. loop too early. this takes the power of the jump and combines it with the power of the loop in some crazy non-linear way and leads to spectacular wipeouts.

2. loop too slow. this generates more power with more time sending the kite through the power zone and also decreases the chance that you'll get the kite around in time and also with all the power you'll probably be knocked of balance any way.

cglazier explains it very well although I'm not a fan of fishpoling or throwing in a backroll while learning but that is personal preference as I've heard others say that helped them.

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2