windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby windsuks » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:26 am

UKSurf wrote:
windsuks wrote:UKSurf, I was there that day, call me a liar if you wish but we all saw what we saw..end of (to us at least).

You must have felt like one of the disciples sitting on the shore of Lake Galilee. Well atleast the kite was designed in that part of the world :wink:

Nope not at all but please don't make me out to be a liar (or an idiot)
It's all been stated many times before by the various random people who were there, just regular people waiting for the wind to pick up.

There was no way dimitri would have been able to kite with any other board than the SUP, and that was a struggle enough...whatever it was blowing you could not feel it at water level or even the height of Arizona Lou's wind meter up top of his pole attached to his car in the front row of the car park.

Jeeze round and around we go!

BigPaul
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Manchester
Style: Free ride
Gear: North
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby BigPaul » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:44 am

UKSurf wrote:
BigPaul wrote:And for that I'm glad. As it seems your a prick
So I am a prick for not buying into the biggest line of BS I have ever heard about a LEI inflatable kite taking some guy upwind in 2-4 knots when virtually no other LEI kite on the market will fly in these winds. Well if that is the choice I have then id rather be a prick than a mug. Nice try sock puppet, but you are going to have to try alot harder than that.
No you are a prick because rather than answer the honest question of do we know each other, you resorted to childish name calling. if you look back at all of my replys on this thread, all I have ever done is ask people to be civil to one another. To which seems beyond you and others.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:54 am

975...almost 1000...I BELIEVE...that with a 2-4kn gust....we can make it :wink:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:02 am

Oldnbroken wrote:I will say that Supa Michel has accomplished one of his goals.
He wanted to be famous on Kiteforum.......
He is definitely making that happen.
But I'm not sure he is gonna be thrilled when he looks back in five years.
Well said Chrys...how is body healing?..i did dedicate one of my surf session this week in your honor
Your story about your injuries really had an effect on me

Actually i will be thrilled in 13-14 years when Dimitri gets to be our age and we still do KF

:cheers: :thumb: :wink: ......................................................................................................................
Last edited by SupaEZ on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

lobodomar
Frequent Poster

Postby lobodomar » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:24 am

Geronimo79 wrote: I still see you on a freakin huge board that needs to be ridden as flat at possible for maximum float. Against a 135x47 twintip. YES its wide but its also ridden on the edge FAR more then your raceboard. Its much shorter.
The board SupaEgo used is not a raceboard. I have one: it's short, narrow and does not ride flat at all. Its fins are SB style, but its low-end is even worse than a regular SB because its so short, narrow and thin. It edges almost like a TT. If Supa was able to ride this board that day, he would have been able to ride a 47 wide TT, trust me on this one.
The reason North decided to call this board a "freerace" deserves a BS topic of its own.

For the record, if I had to choose between an Infinity and a 19 Core, I'd pick the Infinity, even if it's low-end VMG is worse than the Core, since it suits better my riding style.

But please, drop the raceboard thing. It's a plain lie, and does not help your case when it's debunked.
Geronimo79 wrote:now i would also suggest Toby to kill this topic.
As much as I disapprove all the insulting, I see no reason to censor this topic. It's legit in its essence.
If it were to be censored, than half the threads on KF should be censored as well.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:54 am

lobodomar wrote:
The board SupaEgo used is not a raceboard. I have one: it's short, narrow and does not ride flat at all. Its fins are SB style, but its low-end is even worse than a regular SB because its so short, narrow and thin. It edges almost like a TT. If Supa was able to ride this board that day, he would have been able to ride a 47 wide TT, trust me on this one.
There you have it... from someone who ACTUALLY owns and rides a FREE FARCE (Freerace)

Someone also who understands..... that the board choice had nothing to do with the results

It is essentially a "directional TT"

Thanks for that support lobodomar :)

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:38 am

Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:07 am

lobodomar wrote:The board SupaEgo used is not a raceboard. I have one: it's short, narrow and does not ride flat at all. Its fins are SB style, but its low-end is even worse than a regular SB because its so short, narrow and thin. It edges almost like a TT. If Supa was able to ride this board that day, he would have been able to ride a 47 wide TT, trust me on this one.
But he didn't. There is a reason he didn't, and it's the same reason he didn't take the V3 out on the same board: He was out to make it a contest to be won, a grudge to be settled, not an honest comparison.

If fair was fair, both would have switched kites, and then boards, while actually being open minded and impartial, which is clearly impossible.

Nothing whatsoever was proven.

lobodomar
Frequent Poster

Postby lobodomar » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:49 am

I don't get it. Why is it so hard to swallow the fact an aprox. 16-17m, mid aspect kite will not pull upwind a planing board as much as a 19m, higher aspect kite ?

As for a non-planing board like a SUP in ULW, I have no doubt that the Infinity could outperform the 19 Core, since it's lighter and turns faster. But I also call BS on the 2-4kt (aka 3kt at the kite) claim :naughty:

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:58 am

lobodomar wrote:I don't get it. Why is it so hard to swallow the fact an aprox. 16-17m, mid aspect kite will not pull upwind a planing board as much as a 19m, higher aspect kite ?

As for a non-planing board like a SUP in ULW, I have no doubt that the Infinity could outperform the 19 Core, since it's lighter and turns faster. But I also call BS on the 2-4kt (aka 3kt at the kite) claim :naughty:
Well said, "lobodomar" :thumb: :thumb:

Except that the Epic Infinity wouldn't outperform larger kites on SUPs. Also, the Infinity is closer to ~15-16m vs ~16-17m.

Cheers,

Pumpy ............................. :pump:

Return to “Kitesurfing”