Forum for kitesurfers
lander
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: IKA Board List with board websites.

Postby lander » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:03 am

Jimmy Mazzanti wrote: Thank you for your impressions

did you have the chance to ride here again?
Yes, I have had the pleasure of riding the Temavento board some more times now.

The love to the orange lady just grows with every session!

There is no doubt that it is faster both upwind and downwind when comparing it to my old 2012 North.

Also I have lined up with a 2013 North, a 2012 Aguera, a 2013 RRD Rapida and a ML Custom. And against all boards the result was possitive as well. But the 2013 North were not on correct trimmed fins and the rider on the ML had pain in his ribs, so a little unfair to compare...but still. All riders on the other boards were much more experienced than me, so I was proud just beeing able to keep pace with someone I have not been able to follow before.

But back to the temavento board. When standing in the straps the feeling is much more relaxed than what I am used to. Of course it is hard for the legs, but not as it used to be. The board just find a steady way to go through the chops and you do not have to use force to keep the right position.
The board is light - maybe not as light as I expected (ap. 5,8 kg.) - but still ok light. The footstrap position is just where you want it. And also here I think it is easier to be in the right foot position without using force. The balance of the board also feels better. I do not have to put as much weight on the back foot, which maybe also is the reason that my legs are not that tired. Downwind the board is a little more loose, this I am starting to get used to, and when I get it, I think it will be much faster as well. I just need to switch off my brain ;)

Lander

Jimmy Mazzanti
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: freeride wave
Gear: mine
Brand Affiliation: Sabfoil.com

Postby Jimmy Mazzanti » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:28 pm

lander wrote:

There is no doubt that it is faster both upwind and downwind when comparing it to my old 2012 North.

Also I have lined up with a 2013 North, a 2012 Aguera, a 2013 RRD Rapida and a ML Custom. And against all boards the result was possitive as well. But the 2013 North were not on correct trimmed fins and the rider on the ML had pain in his ribs, so a little unfair to compare...but still. All riders on the other boards were much more experienced than me, so I was proud just beeing able to keep pace with someone I have not been able to follow before.

But back to the temavento board. When standing in the straps the feeling is much more relaxed than what I am used to. Of course it is hard for the legs, but not as it used to be. The board just find a steady way to go through the chops and you do not have to use force to keep the right position.
The board is light - maybe not as light as I expected (ap. 5,8 kg.) - but still ok light. The footstrap position is just where you want it. And also here I think it is easier to be in the right foot position without using force. The balance of the board also feels better. I do not have to put as much weight on the back foot, which maybe also is the reason that my legs are not that tired. Downwind the board is a little more loose, this I am starting to get used to, and when I get it, I think it will be much faster as well. I just need to switch off my brain ;)

Lander
Thank you Lander

Really nice words from you. There are good boards out there , let's see wich one will be the fastest and easier and will last longer.

In our small comunity the rumors run even faster then the board so we will know it soon.

About the weight , you are right the board is 280 gramms heavier then what she supposed to be. :(

Much depending on pads . They are thicker and total weight of the 4 pieces is 450 grams.

I can send you the new pads set that is 170 grams if you want

lander
Frequent Poster

Postby lander » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:47 pm

Wow. Impressive! Nice to know why it was ap. 300 grams heavier than expected.

Thanks for the offer. But honestly I am super happy with the board, and have a really good feeling standing on the pads. And as long as the weight is located in the pads/straps, I do not think I can feel the difference in real life. So no worries. But thanks again.

andrewkiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: hood river
Favorite Beaches: la ventana, los barriles
Style: freestyle, Kiteracing
Gear: ozone edge and RPM
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby andrewkiter » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:44 pm

lander wrote:

Lander
How can you even say that it beat a custom ml?? Mikes lab is the best board in market no questioninhs, will get mine next month!! Jimmy i would like to see an honest comparission between custmom mikes and temavento your board looks like pretty good board to bad there arent any riders wrding the orange here in north america, should have a demo board in san fran...

lander
Frequent Poster

Postby lander » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:42 pm

andrewkiter wrote:
lander wrote: Yes, I have had the pleasure of riding the Temavento board some more times now.

Lander
How can you even say that it beat a custom ml?? Mikes lab is the best board in market no questioninhs, will get mine next month!! Jimmy i would like to see an honest comparission between custmom mikes and temavento your board looks like pretty good board to bad there arent any riders wrding the orange here in north america, should have a demo board in san fran...
Well, if you read my text which you quote, then I do not write anywhere that it beat the ML custom! I write that the result was possitive, and I now was able to keep pace with some one I could not follow before. (Which is very possitive in my world) Also I write that the one on the ML had him self an injury. Therefore I also wrote that the comparison was not that fair, but I still felt proud as they were all much more experienced riders than me.

But buttom line. If a boad can rise my level like that, I can only imagine what it would do to a more skilled rider. Therefore I have no doubt that this is a damm good board, and a huge step-up from my previous one. But for sure there is a lot of other good boards out there. And there must be a reason why 5 in top10 at the worlds rode the ML - But since the ML are almost impossible to get, I had to investigating the market for different solutions, and got down to 2 options. The Temavento or the AA. I ended up ordering at Temavento and after riding the board I am very happy with the discision :D

Which one is the best for you, only a test could show. But for sure you will be happy with your ML. I like that he does not change a winning concept. But I also believe in evolution. So at some point he have to come up with a new model to be up to date in design. It will be interesting to see if he will be 2 years ahead again, or if someone have catched up with him in the mean time...
Last edited by lander on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmy Mazzanti
Medium Poster

Postby Jimmy Mazzanti » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:29 pm

andrewkiter wrote: Mikes lab is the best board in market no questioninhs, will get mine next month!! Jimmy i would like to see an honest comparission between custmom mikes and temavento your board looks like pretty good board to bad there arent any riders wrding the orange here in north america, should have a demo board in san fran...
The ML is the board to beat.
Mr. Zajicek , together with his riders made the best work and they had the lead during the past 2 years. I know very well the ML board cause you must always look at the leader if you hope to beat him in a future and someone also accused me of having copied it but obviously he did not see my board yet
Like in F1 the RED Bull team ... but the Ferrari will come back ;)

I would be more then happy to see an honest comparison between The ML and the TMV made in North America

Anyway there are some place in the world where somebody already did this comparison like in Spain and somewhere else..

but I do not have the result yet and considering that the test was made by more normal customers switching the boards .. I think will be a good honest test , like Mr. Lander one.

Demo board in SF ? this means to me a 2000 euro investment just to permit the SF crew to judge my board.
sorry I can't..

I think we wait for the incoming regatta season then from the rumors , we will sort out the result.
or like I wrote sometimes ago, a brave SF customer will bet on Orange and will show the RC 70 2013 in SF

anyway after the Africans we will have a first result.
IT is clear that probably Mr. Heineken, Mr. Koch and Mr. Leccese ( all ML riders like Mr. Lake) will lead the fleet but I hope some of the Orange riders won't be to far from them..

the Temavento will be ridden by 14 riders at the Africans.
let's see if one of them will have a good result compared to their experience and level of riding

BraCuru
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grzybowo, Kołobrzeg, Polish Baltic Coast
Favorite Beaches: Polish Baltic Beach
Style: foilboarding
Gear: Flysurfer Souls, Moses Hydrofoil, BraCuru Boards
Brand Affiliation: Moses HF

Postby BraCuru » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:13 pm

Jimmy Mazzanti wrote:the Temavento will be ridden by 14 riders at the Africans.
let's see if one of them will have a good result compared to their experience and level of riding
My guess - MŻ will be close very soon but not during Afrikans yet. Give him time to shine till July :D

wdric
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby wdric » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:00 am

BraCuru wrote:
My guess - MŻ will be close very soon but not during Afrikans yet. Give him time to shine till July :D
what happens in July ?

Jimmy Mazzanti
Medium Poster

Postby Jimmy Mazzanti » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:47 am

BraCuru wrote:
MZ is my bet too ;)

Anyway even considering he had school the whole winter and arrived in Soma bay just the registration day on the contrary the top riders kept training a lot,
I guess he will do well at Afrikans.

Let's wait july for the Euros in Gizzeria. By that time he will have spent good weeks on water

I fly to Afrika in minutes too :)

Atte
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Tablas island , Philippine's.
Style: Hydrofoil Freeride
Gear: Flysurfer soul, peak

Postby Atte » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:53 am

P1 Rio
info: Nice board to ride, very sheep.

Return to “Kitesurfing”