forum for snow- and landkiters
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 183
- Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:45 am
- Kiting since: 2006
- Local Beach: Big Sandy, Palisades, Mud Lake, Jackson Lake...
- Favorite Beaches: Waddell Creek, Sherman Island
Snow kite spots are growing fastly and epicly.
- Style: Wake, Big loops, Glides
- Gear: Ozone kites, Xenon boards, Velocity Twisted, B3 Split Boards
- Brand Affiliation: Ozone, Xenon, B3, Twisted
- Location: Jackson Wyoming
Thanks guys, I need to get one of those Topo maps like that Noah. Actually we kited from off that map starting on the far West side of Coffin Butte. The wilderness boarder goes along a steep cliff just west of what that map shows, probably just to keep sleds off the pleateau. We left our sleds back there to avoid motorized travel in the Wilderness, so a couple miles extra of travel there besides the crossing of Crescent and that Fremont Ridge.
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:24 am
- Kiting since: 2008
- Local Beach: Stony Beach, Conrads Beach
- Favorite Beaches: Varadero, Cuba
- Style: Old School, Wave
- Gear: Flysurfer Speed 2 15m, 19m - favorite kites
- Brand Affiliation: Flysurfer and Cabrihna
Will Taggart, thanks for sharing and great photography too. Sounds like a great adventure! This year, I had my first real taste back country/ mountain snowkiting in the Chic Chocs, Quebec and I'm totally hooked. That's a hell of a spot you guys have there!
I come from waveriding, so it seems there's a lot to learn about alpine touring (avalanche conditions?!) but it seems to be well worth the effort. I find myself daydreaming about gliding rather than waveriding.
Return to “Snow / Land”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests