Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Reviews on Hadlow MK2 board?

Forum for kitesurfers
pwnd550
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Belmont Shore (Long Beach, CA)
Favorite Beaches: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Bras d'Eau (Mauritius), Rodrigues Island
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites:
- 2010 RRD Obsession 10.5m
- 2013 Flexifoil Hadlow ID 12m
Boards:
- 2009 RRD Placebo (133x40cm)
- 2013 Flexifoil Hadlow MK2 (134cm)
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Reviews on Hadlow MK2 board?

Postby pwnd550 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:39 pm

Hey guys
I wanted to know a bit of your opinion on the Hadlow MK2 (or Hadlow freestyle 2011) board.
Is it a good board? What about the upwind/jumping/freeride? Do the hadlow straps come with the board? If not, where can I buy those straps?

Thanks

DirkGently
Medium Poster

Re: Reviews on Hadlow MK2 board?

Postby DirkGently » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:15 am

I had the original and it was one of the funnest boards I've ever ridden. Good in chop, insane in flat water, super efficient and I thought a great shape that didn't take any getting used to for how to get the best pop out of.

Havent tried the new one.

The original is now split down the center from riding boots and catching an edge riding drunk.
Thats life I guess. Definitely not an especially beefy board, but thats what made it fun.

pwnd550
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Belmont Shore (Long Beach, CA)
Favorite Beaches: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Bras d'Eau (Mauritius), Rodrigues Island
Boards:

Postby pwnd550 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:24 am

DirkGently wrote:I had the original and it was one of the funnest boards I've ever ridden. Good in chop, insane in flat water, super efficient and I thought a great shape that didn't take any getting used to for how to get the best pop out of.

Havent tried the new one.

The original is now split down the center from riding boots and catching an edge riding drunk.
Thats life I guess. Definitely not an especially beefy board, but thats what made it fun.
So would you recommend the hadlow freestyle boards? Is it solid consturction though?

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards

Postby jespin4845 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:45 am

ive ridden both, have the mk2, they ride similar and really hard for me to tell a difference, the construction on the mk2 is better, i still wouldn't put boots on it though...what i love about this board is the upwind and it being such a small board for me at 200 lbs,...use to have a shinn street, they both rode similar but the upwind was superior on the hadlow even being 2 cm narrower

this board is perhaps the best all rounder, flat water, waves, upwind, rockered, choppy water

a monk (gorilla bottom) is a tad better feel over white water and a little faster, but i got more pop on the hadlow and better upwind, could be different with the monk forever

15+ knots on a 12m in florida for me, doesn't spray in your face either

its not a light wind board though, if i lost it or broke it, i would probably get another one unless the new monk forever has just as good upwind, then it would be up in the air...kite force academy has them for a good price if you are looking for a new one

not a real popular board in the states though, kind of a special board from the UK

oh yea, it jumps good, really really good

pwnd550
Frequent Poster
Boards:

Postby pwnd550 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:28 am

jespin4845 wrote:ive ridden both, have the mk2, they ride similar and really hard for me to tell a difference, the construction on the mk2 is better, i still wouldn't put boots on it though...what i love about this board is the upwind and it being such a small board for me at 200 lbs,...use to have a shinn street, they both rode similar but the upwind was superior on the hadlow even being 2 cm narrower

this board is perhaps the best all rounder, flat water, waves, upwind, rockered, choppy water

a monk (gorilla bottom) is a tad better feel over white water and a little faster, but i got more pop on the hadlow and better upwind, could be different with the monk forever

15+ knots on a 12m in florida for me, doesn't spray in your face either

its not a light wind board though, if i lost it or broke it, i would probably get another one unless the new monk forever has just as good upwind, then it would be up in the air...kite force academy has them for a good price if you are looking for a new one

not a real popular board in the states though, kind of a special board from the UK

oh yea, it jumps good, really really good
Thank you for your comment
I have one question though, I'd like it to be really clear: do you think the board can break more easily than other boards, or is it durable and hard to break?

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Jupiter, FL

Postby jespin4845 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 am

i would say its as good as normal boards, but don't put boots on it cause its not going to withstand that for more than a year...i beat the crap out of mine though, ride the rails on the beach when the waves are pounding on shore, its good, but i know i will break it one day a couple of years from now

its not a slingshot board though, those things are tanks

http://www.forcesix.com/2013-flexifoil- ... eview.html

i agree with everything on that review above

DirkGently
Medium Poster

Postby DirkGently » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:59 am

Well it sucks breaking boards, and I've since found other boards that have a bit better construction and geometry AND perform similarly, but if you're not riding boots I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

In straps you're going to break an ankle or knee long before you break the board ( if that sounds like more fun to you? ) .

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Jupiter, FL

Postby jespin4845 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:58 am

DirkGently wrote:Well it sucks breaking boards, and I've since found other boards that have a bit better construction and geometry AND perform similarly, but if you're not riding boots I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

In straps you're going to break an ankle or knee long before you break the board ( if that sounds like more fun to you? ) .

Really curious to know what other boards feel the same and you can ride boots on? i dont really get to demo many boards

DirkGently
Medium Poster

Postby DirkGently » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:31 am

Similar boards would be:
Airush FS Park is what I have right now, it is a touch heavier than the freestyle, but has similar amounts of rocker but is still fast. Apparently you're not supposed to ride boots with this one either...

Airush Livewire is my next deck, apparently beefier construction than the FS Park, this one is recommended if you were riding boots according to Airush.

The hadlow freestyle IS pretty rad though. Super thin little tip and tail & edges, so frickin fast, if they installed some sort of row of inserts that increased the surface area resisting pullout but still kept the same flex I'd be all over it...

pwnd550
Frequent Poster
Boards:

Postby pwnd550 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:47 am