Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:59 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
I haven't seen any other kite fly in less then 5 knots on an SUP board.

I have seen few big kites fly in very light breeze like the CORE, SLINGSHOT, DYNO, you name it but only on the beach which is totally different once you get on an SUP board.

Any light wind kiter would know that.

Because on a SUP board you have no place to run once your kite start to back stall.

But on the beach you can run back if your kite start falling out of the sky or move around because you are not constrain to space.

So maybe in the video you see both kites fly in less then 5 knots but that is on the beach. It is a totally different game once you get on a board especially in less then 5 knots.

But if you are a good kiter you will know the difference from flying a kite on the beach and flying a kite on a board in very very light wind. It is a totally different world.
I am back....did you miss me...just a little bit :wink:
Yes we did fly side by side on the beach in 4-5kn...just floating like butterflies :cheers:
But neither of our 2 kites had sufficient pull to even think of venturing on the water on an 11ft SUP

Neither one of our kites was back stalling even in lulls of 4kn :mosh:
But both our kites started to back stall at 3kn and we have to move around a bit and sine to keep up
We even had to loop side to side them to keep them flying..if it remained 3kn for long :duh:

NO WAY that 3kn can pull even a 50 lb kid on a 20ft SUP.. :lol:
...because at that wind speed PARKED kites don't "FLY and PULL" people around a water surface

I flew your kite on beach...you flew my kite on beach :cooltext:

You are a good LW kiter...i am good LW kiter :surf:
And it is my amateur word..against your professional word :cash:

So i say it is no different on beach or SUP...wind power is wind power :out:
UNLESS the vertical gradient wind over the water is UNIQUE and you feel it is 3kn while you ride

Bottom line...whatever your kite can do...many other LW specific kites can do just as well....
...if we got them all together for an ULW SUP showdown :thumb:

So you see....i am living proof.. since i flew your V3...that it is in FACT a BS light wind claim

Claiming that you were riding in 2-4 kn in Hatteras......JUST WON'T FLY :allbegood:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:37 pm

Here we go again....... :roll: :roll: :roll:
With all due respect Mr. SupaEZ,
I guess you never had the chance to try to fly your kite in less then 5 knots on an SUP board.
It's totally different flying the kite in very light wind on the beach and try to fly it on an SUP board were space is very constrain. This is the reason why I want you to try it and make a video at the same time so we have proofs that you did it. "Oh" yes I totally forgot.... you need an INFINITY V3 in order to be able to perform this light wind test on an SUP board in less then 5 knots. Well you know how to reach me in case you need to use one.
:thumb:

Any way like I promised you 2 weeks ago this is the new video of the INFINITY V3 prototype kite in "!!!! Knots" (actually you guys tell me how much it's blowing in that video, since you know so much about reading the wind speed).
This is a good tip for you guys since you like to analyze every detail in order to make sure all this is true. So make sure to pay attention to the Palm trees, the canopy of the kites seating on the beach, me pumping the kite with no leash attached to the kite, how loose the steering lines of the kites are while on the SUP board because of no pressure inside the kite which means no much wind at all, and listen to the witnesses in that video. This will probably answer all your questions about the wind speed.
But once again, the idea of this video is to show you how well the INFINITY V3 light wind machine can stay up in the air in very very light breeze. Again this was not easy to do, but as you can see I was able to show you once again the performance of the INFINITY V3 and how it's able to stay up in the air in less then 5 knots and most important and most impressive being able to move on an SUP board with out having the kite falling out of the sky plus being able to go up wind. By the way SupaEZ so you know this video was made in "Naples" Florida and not on the Outer Banks. So what is your next excuse!!!!
Also you have to understand that wasn't fun and was quite hard to be able to fly the INFINITY V3 while on an SUP board, but at least I was able to prove you guys what this V3 can do in such light breeze and make a short video out of it.

Now the main question: "What do you think about the new colors of the INFINITY V3? Should we keep it blue color or go with the new color pattern?"

YOUTUBE:

VIMEO:
Attachments
GPV_0035-9 2.jpg
GPV_0003-6 1.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kitecave
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: co-ownwer www.Kitecave.com featuring Epic ,Core, Ozone, HQ, Wainman, Hyperflex and Ocean Rodeo
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kitecave » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:12 am

Hey Dimitri

Sweet colours on Infinity V3

The yellow blue white looks like a R13/Infinity combo.....Luvvvnnn it !!!!

Cheers :thumb:

Kitecave

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby frankm1960 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:25 am

The new colors are a big improvement... nice touch :)

Pierrot
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 80
Gear: Aluula Roam 10m, North neo 10m, 7m, 5m
Hydrofoil Ketos,

Postby Pierrot » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:46 am

Amazing video... The fact that it works on a SUP does not mean it a great kite... But I'm definitely going to try one this summer!

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:18 am

Agreed, very sexy color scheme! I was there that day in Naples I think. But the video was taken earlier than when I got to fly it. I got to fly it in (!!!) knots, but it looks like you were out on the SUP in only (!!!) knots. When I tried the Cab 18, I had to do the walk of shame, but the wind might have dropped to just (!!!) knots by then. :lol:

FabsPH
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Oahu, S shore
Favorite Beaches: Oahu S shore, Mokuleia,
Style: Free style wave
Gear: Eclipse, Underground
Brand Affiliation: Eclipse, Underground

Postby FabsPH » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:25 am

So, in 2 days 3 more pages of childish bs.
And there I was thinking we are all mature .
We are athletes, sportsmen, grown ups ...
What do other sports athletes think of us (you) when they read this shit?
we want respect, yes?
Good luck with this crap.
Yes it's funny, but enough is enough.
Nobody wins with this back and forth nonsense.
I had my fun with this topic, Dimitry did, so, stop it.
Dimitry, delete the post, or just stop replying.
You proven your point, ... haters will be haters,.. no money there... f them.
Everybody else,... get a grip... and if you had any balls, go face to face, not hide behind a forum.

Go kite and shut the f up

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:24 pm

YOUTUBE:

The water state in this video looks like Force 2 and 5/6 Knots to me. I can totally believe that you could SUP on the Infinity v3 in these winds.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:33 pm

What ever you say Mr.UKSurf. I guess all these witnesses on the beach that had nothing to do with EPIC kites were lying about the wind speed. Even the Palm Trees or the canopy of the kites not moving was all a lie. But you are right seating behind your desk hoping for Force 2 is better for you to beleive in.
:thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”