Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:30 pm

If you are having problems and could not relaunch in what was obviously 5-6 knots (in which the kite would have 2-4 times the lift than 2-4 knots), what are we meant to make of your 2-4 knots claim? I mean seriously, you are not doing your brand any good with these over the top claims. I am sure the infinity is good in the right conditions (which I would say is freestyle in the top end of a force 3 and lower end force 4). Going head to head with these larger high aspect ratio kites in real light winds like the Core 19m and the 18m Switchblade is just making you look silly.

With all due respect Mr.UKSurf but I never said I could relaunch the INFINITY v3 in less then 4 knots or even less then 7 knots. If the kite goes down in less then 5 knots you are done. The only time I was able to relaunch the INFINITY V3 from the water in less then 5 knots was when I was knee deep of water and the INFINITY V3 was seating trailing edge first, perfect for a "hot launch". The INFINITY v3 or v2 can relaunch easy with its LE down in deep water but it needs to be blowing between 7 to 10 knots at least.
Also you heard all these Cabrinha guys on the beach, they were the ones claiming less then 5 knots not me.
Plus you saw how stable the INFINITY V3 was in the air. Again if you are looking for a high performance kite for racing then the RACER 17 will be the one not the INFINITY V3.
So do me a favor and get a chance to demo the INFINITY V3 or the RACER 17 or even the CABRINHA 18 and the CORE 19 kites so you get a better understanding. But try them in 7 to 10 knots because bellow that it's not fun and you will need a Racer or a big SUP board if you try them in less then 6 knots, but at least get in the water and do something fun.
Any way let me know how else I can help you.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Been thanked: 0

Postby Geronimo79 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:32 pm

Hmm facebookpage removed.. and a person that trys to get as much attention as possible to the video... hmmm hidden agenda?

Dan Glyaire
Frequent Poster

Postby Dan Glyaire » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:03 am

Geronimo79 wrote:Hmm facebookpage removed.. and a person that trys to get as much attention as possible to the video... hmmm hidden agenda?
is this the 'removed' facebook page youre talking about?
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.ph ... 7135&saved

tony montana
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works

Postby tony montana » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:56 am

Geronimo79 wrote:Hmm facebookpage removed.. and a person that trys to get as much attention as possible to the video... hmmm hidden agenda?
Hidden agenda,who Dimitri when he edited video when he fell in the water,thank God Damien was there,and somebody had a camera,or the BS would be flowing,and there both good kites IMO,its always better to be honest,TONY

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:19 pm

Sorry tony montana you feel that way, but I am not superman I do fall a lot like every body else. Like I explain on the previous page, I was trying to turn the big SUP board to get back to the beach using my food as a paddle because there was no wind at all to put pressure on the rail of the board and I slipped because the SUP board started going side ways towards the kite. :roll:
Do you know how many times I fell in the water or on the beach or on the trees while filming EPIC ATTACK 1,2,3,4... a lot.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Flight Time » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:49 pm

If someone wants to talk smack about re-launching a kite in light wind against flying a kite in light wind, they obviously have not crashed a kite in light wind. If that Cabrinha had gone down, it would not have come up again either. The water tension and water weight wouldn't allow it in those conditions. So it comes down to D multitasking like hell, doing a three hand job with only two hands, and trying to turn the equivalent of a canoe with only his feet, without the leverage of a paddle in the water. He fell, big deal. You probably wouldn't have gotten off the beach.

I flew both of those kites on the Oxygen on that same day later when it got up above 8 knots, and they had about equal pull, but the Infinity could turn a lot faster on the standard extend bar, while the Cab bar was about the length of a mop handle.

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:46 pm

Flight Time wrote:If someone wants to talk smack about re-launching a kite in light wind against flying a kite in light wind, they obviously have not crashed a kite in light wind. If that Cabrinha had gone down, it would not have come up again either. The water tension and water weight wouldn't allow it in those conditions. So it comes down to D multitasking like hell, doing a three hand job with only two hands, and trying to turn the equivalent of a canoe with only his feet, without the leverage of a paddle in the water. He fell, big deal. You probably wouldn't have gotten off the beach.

I flew both of those kites on the Oxygen on that same day later when it got up above 8 knots, and they had about equal pull, but the Infinity could turn a lot faster on the standard extend bar, while the Cab bar was about the length of a mop handle.
FINALLY! :thumb: Someone flew both kites in question on the same day and the same board. That is just crazy talk. This opinion may actually be valid. How refreshing. :bye:

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:01 pm

KYLakeKiter wrote:FINALLY! :thumb: Someone flew both kites in question on the same day and the same board. That is just crazy talk. This opinion may actually be valid. How refreshing. :bye:
I wrote up a comparison between the kites a while after I demo'd them, it's in the Infinity thread (the original, not the bullshit thread). The Cab had good pull, but it turned like the Earth (took all day). And that was on a bar that had to be every bit of 30 inches long. The Infinity had pretty much the same pull, but turned a lot faster. Neither one had any upwind drive in the conditions I flew them in, and it must have dropped off a little because I ended up doing the walk of shame with the CAB. I think in a little better wind, the Cab would upwind better parked, because it was a higher aspect than the Infinity, but I bet it wouldn't translate to good jumping, because it was almost impossible to send the kite fast enough to generate the boost. The cab would suck in waves, and be fairly difficult to re-launch even in good wind. The Infinity is a medium aspect kite, and it sits a little back in the window, so you have to dig the edge in good to really crank upwind. It turns great, and despite it not being really made for boosting, it does fairly well if you load up correctly. I didn't crash the V3, but I know from experience that the V2 re-launches flawlessly in deep water in wind that would definitely not re-launch my Cab SB 16 (maybe 7-8 knots?), and I imagine that the V3 would be every bit as good.

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:23 pm

Uncompromising snowkiting performance with the Renegade 13m 3G!!
Attachments
625548_10151290411330518_1281526399_n.jpg
vlcsnap-2013-03-18-18h42m41s194.png
vlcsnap-2013-03-18-19h47m10s234.png

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:31 pm

Malaka nikalaitzian you guys are getting a lot of snow this year in Greece. This SKI resort looks like Parnassos or Kalavrita!!! I use to snow board in both of these resorts a long time ago. Nice job.

Return to “Kitesurfing”