Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby UKSurf » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:50 pm

SupaEZ wrote:
Flight Time wrote:
Hey, did that video show him sining that monster while the Infinity was parked? Yes, I believe it did.
Your inexperience in LW is really starting to show
On that afternoon the wind was up and down on the water as you got away from the shore
That wind was not a vertical gradient because from the "direction" it was blowing from
UFFY and PUFFY type wind

YES the INFINITY WAS CLEARLY PARKED...... IN THE WATER :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The V3 had a very short FLIGHT TIME

The Cabrinha Crossbow 18m2 is not a monster....i will just keep to myself what i really think of you
Yes that is right. The issue here is Dimitri could not keep his kite in the air in 5/6 knots while he was trying to demonstate how great it was in light winds. What it is also about is he released a video of this event which gives a totally incomplete picture of what actually happened that day.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:12 pm

SuperDick,

You really need to get a life and stop your obsession over this.

Comparing an 18m race kite on a raceboard against someone on a SUP with a non race kite is like comparing chalk and cheese.

You're coming across as a total idiot and I imagine that you are one of those people down the beach that everyone tries to avoid as you won't stop banging on about the same boring story.

you really are a sad, sad little man.

Uh oh, I got down to your level, you will probably now beat me with experience.

:P

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:39 pm

Tone it's ok few of these guys will do anything to bad mouth EPIC kites. If we were not pushing the limits or doing something right they would not even bother posting things under the EPIC threads. Look at Mr.UKSurf for example, most of his post are on the EPIC threads. Now concerning this video I already explained what happen on the previous post that Mr.latino posted under the (Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II) topic. I am not Superman and sorry I fell in the water, it happens to all of us.
You can see in the video that Mr.latino took and posted (sorry can't mention his real name.), that the kite went slowly on its side and touch the wing tip and was resting there while I was trying to get back on the SUP board. And since their was no breeze at all to lift the INFINITY v3 back up in the air and the wing tip was glued to the water like a suction cup, I decided to go towards the kite on the SUP board that I borrowed so I can pack the kite and get back to the beach and start all over again. But the kite never fell out of the sky like most kites do. Plus from the video that Mr.latino took and posted you can see that I am barely moving on the SUP board compare to the RACE board that is creating apparent wind from its speed.
Any way in case you guys missed it, this was my response to Mr.latino, Mr.UKSurf and now to Mr.SupaEZ
Poster: Dimitri M
Yes you are right Mr. latino. I knew you had a video and was able to catch me falling in the water. Well no body is perfect. Any way I took the risk to post this video just to show you the performance of the INFINITY V3 that day. But you have to understand that once I was far away from the shore, the next thing was to turn around so I can get back to the beach. So I was trying to turn on the 12 foot SUP board that you let me borrow and for the life of me could not turn that big board at all. So suddenly the SUP board start moving side ways towards the kite with no pressure on the lines so I fell in the water and the wing tip of the kite slowly went and touched the water. So I got back on the SUP and was trying to relaunch it. This is what you see on the video you just post. But as you can see I was way up wind and was able to prove once again the stability and performance of the INFINITY V3.
Kiting on an SUP is very different especially when you are trying to turn while both of your hands are on the kite with a camera in your mouth and you have nothing to steer the SUP board so it can turn. Actually I was using my right foot to turn the SUP board while pushing it into the water as a paddle so the SUP board can turn. Big boards like that are very hard to move or turn. It's like a Ferry Boat and every thing is so slow.
On the other hand my friend Damien is well know for his talent in racing and everything else he does, and having a big Race board that is wider then the SUP I was using + very big fins and an 18 meter kite helps a lot since you are creating apparent wind and using resistance on these big fins. Using an SUP board is totally different. You cannot go fast and your single fin is so small that you will start to go side ways if you try to turn (especially on an SUP board that you are not used to). This is what happened in that video. The SUP board that I borrowed from you start going side ways while I was trying to turn and I fell in the water. I wish I had a wide RACE board that day with very long 50 cm (x3) fins.
A race board is more manageable especially when it's wider then the SUP board I was using and turns faster and of course planes faster and is way more stable because of its wide surface. If I had a Race board I would easily be able to turn the board and come back.
It was a pilot mistake and yes I do fall in the water. Very hard to turn that 12 foot SUP board especially when their is minimum wind out there.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby UKSurf » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:32 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Tone it's ok few of these guys will do anything to bad mouth EPIC kites. If we were not pushing the limits or doing something right they would not even bother posting things under the EPIC threads. Look at Mr.UKSurf for example, most of his post are on the EPIC threads.
This is currently the main thread on here and I am not posting here because I believe your kites are pushing the limits :roll: . I am posting here because I believe you are pushing the limits of portraying your product honestly. You turn up at a beach with some Cabrinha riders waiting for the wind to pick up and release a video which seems to suggest to me that they could not take their kite on the water because the wind was too light and that they were amazed that your kite could fly. But the reality we now see that your kite fell from the sky and you could not relaunch it and the Cabrinha light wind kite performed better in those winds than yours did. I am sure your kites are well designed and well built, but I find your continual assertion that they are in some way superior to other brands very arrogant and unfactual

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:21 pm

Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:53 pm

Mr.UKSurf don't you have some one to go and make love to and stop wasting your time like that!!!!
You are comparing apples and oranges. You can also take a 12 meter size kite and kite in 10 to 13 knots if you use a very wide RACE BOARD with very big fins. I was able to prove what the INFINITY V3 can do in almost no wind. As you can see it is very stable and it doesn't need the apparent wind to stay up in the air. Check again the video that "latino" posted and you will see that I am barely moving on the SUP board compare to the Race board plus the INFINITY is just parked there on the side of the window. Maybe you don't know much about kite boarding but big wide boards with very big fins will creates apparent wind and these big fins puts a lot of resistance and lift. If I had a RACE board it would of been a totally different game. Same thing if I had the EPIC "RACER 17" kite.
This was taken from FACEBOOK and was written by the person responsible for the USA "CABRINHA" distribution based in FL who understands the difference:
Wow Dimitri. That's a long explanation. In truth the CB 18 is on a different planet from most other light wind kites, but I know what you are talking about with the SUPs in light wind. The are very hard to get going straight and hard to turn also. Can't hold falling against you, but when you live by the internet marketing sword, you due by it too. Best advice to you... Never fall on Camera! Hope all is good with you. C u soon.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Once again the Epic Goon Squad are showing their true colors.
One guy can't let something go so he is called a attention whore, or a troll or in need of a life, or in Dimitri's mind jealous of his success....... how many times do you think you guys can pull this off before enough people recognize what you are trying to do?

The comparison of Dimitri's video and Latino's video is clear. Dimitri's was edited to make him look like a rockstar (on an SUP no less...#badchoice)
No amount of explaining or wishing is going to change the fact that Dimitri tried to pass off a failure as a success and he got caught. If Latino's video never came out Dimitri would have allowed us to believe exactly what he wanted us to believe, and if some guy (who was there) refuted this (without the video), all the goons would come in here and start calling them names and accusing them of hiding behind an alias.
Is Supa a bit obsessed...? I'd say so, but you guys can't leave it well enough alone to let it go away, so I say you are just as obsessed and ...
Oldnbroken, you annoy the crap out of me with your hollier-then-thou attitude. I have to refrain from responding to the crap you post on a daily basis, if anyone is an attention whore or troll it is you.

alright, now that I got that off my chest, have a nice f'n day.

ryanroberts1983
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby ryanroberts1983 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Toby,

I honestly do not know how you continue to let these Epic threads run. It is RUINING your website...

-Ryan

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:30 pm

Once again the Epic Goon Squad are showing their true colors.
One guy can't let something go so he is called a attention whore, or a troll or in need of a life, or in Dimitri's mind jealous of his success....... how many times do you think you guys can pull this off before enough people recognize what you are trying to do?

The comparison of Dimitri's video and Latino's video is clear. Dimitri's was edited to make him look like a rockstar (on an SUP no less...#badchoice)
No amount of explaining or wishing is going to change the fact that Dimitri tried to pass off a failure as a success and he got caught. If Latino's video never came out Dimitri would have allowed us to believe exactly what he wanted us to believe, and if some guy (who was there) refuted this (without the video), all the goons would come in here and start calling them names and accusing them of hiding behind an alias.
Is Supa a bit obsessed...? I'd say so, but you guys can't leave it well enough alone to let it go away, so I say you are just as obsessed and ...
Oldnbroken, you annoy the crap out of me with your hollier-then-thou attitude. I have to refrain from responding to the crap you post on a daily basis, if anyone is an attention whore or troll it is you.
alright, now that I got that off my chest, have a nice f'n day.
Laughingman,
You have to understand that all videos are edited. Even the one from Mr."latino" was edited in order to put it together. I made my point and showed you how well the INFINITY V3 can stay up in the air in very light breeze barely moving on an SUP board. So I video taped all that and put it together and of course I am not going to put a video of me falling in the water and trying to get back up on the SUP board because that will be an extra 3 minutes in the video. If you want to see me crashing I will make a special video with all my crashes.
Any way let me know if you are still coming down the Outer Banks this Spring. I know in the Fall you were planning on coming down and staying at my place but you never made it down. So I hope this time you can make it so you can actually test the INFINITY V3 and see what this kite is all about, and at the same time test also the RACER 17, and other kites, such as the CORE, CABRINHA, NORTH and so on. I know one of my dealers from Canada will be down here in May and he also deals with CORE. So you can demo any kites you want. And will show you also some of my crashing videos. Just let me know.

Alright, now that I got that off my chest, have an epic day.
:remybussi:
Last edited by Dimitri M on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby UKSurf » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:39 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Mr.UKSurf don't you have some one to go and make love to and stop wasting your time like that!!!!
I spend alot less time on here than you do, although you are right this thread and your posts are a total waste of my time. I do find your attitude extremely arrogant and the way you try to promote you brand seriously winds me up but I am just going to ignore your posts from now on.
Last edited by UKSurf on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”