Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Toby » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:42 pm

no one needs to click it!

The can say their opinion, why should I get into the discussion and stop it?

And everyone is responsible for their postings!

RDM
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby RDM » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Right then Dimitri M, lets have an infinity V3 video showing us what its capable of in say 10 - 15knts with your avg sized twintip .. not all of us want to ride raceboards - sups or surfboards, we want to have fun with or everyday twins... :thumb:

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:21 pm

Dimitri

We will be down on the 6th of April, same house as usual.

I am not sure it is worth your time for me to fly the V3. I didn't like the v1, or the v2 so the likelihood of the v3 being so much different , (specifically where it fly's in the window) is low. The Racer might be more to my likings but I'm pretty skeptical. Light wind kites just don't seem to be where I was hoping they were...yet. You've certainly found a way to add value to them, with how light of wind they will continue to fly and relaunch but where (in the window) they make power is not right imho. Figure that out and you'll have a winner for sure.

As for the video. You didn't need to show you falling, but you would look more credible right now if you didn't show that video at all. I have no interest in watching videos of you falling, but I also have no interest in a video that suggests you were the only one who could kite, when that is obviously false.
You took a chance with the video, and it backfired, nothing you say is going to get the image of you standing on a SUP, trying to keep the kite in the air while the crossbow LW and raceboard go flying by you, and then return to the beach where they started... looked like a lot more fun then that SUP. If that happened at my home beach, not one person there would disagree... you just got pwnd by Cabrinha.

Dan Glyaire
Frequent Poster

Postby Dan Glyaire » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:42 pm

Laughingman wrote:Once again the Epic Goon Squad are showing their true colors.
One guy can't let something go so he is called a attention whore, or a troll or in need of a life, or in Dimitri's mind jealous of his success....... how many times do you think you guys can pull this off before enough people recognize what you are trying to do?

The comparison of Dimitri's video and Latino's video is clear. Dimitri's was edited to make him look like a rockstar (on an SUP no less...#badchoice)
No amount of explaining or wishing is going to change the fact that Dimitri tried to pass off a failure as a success and he got caught. If Latino's video never came out Dimitri would have allowed us to believe exactly what he wanted us to believe, and if some guy (who was there) refuted this (without the video), all the goons would come in here and start calling them names and accusing them of hiding behind an alias.
Is Supa a bit obsessed...? I'd say so, but you guys can't leave it well enough alone to let it go away, so I say you are just as obsessed and ...
Oldnbroken, you annoy the crap out of me with your hollier-then-thou attitude. I have to refrain from responding to the crap you post on a daily basis, if anyone is an attention whore or troll it is you.

alright, now that I got that off my chest, have a nice f'n day.
i just thought this was worth repeating.
well said Mr Laughingman..
:thumb:

Dan Glyaire
Frequent Poster

Postby Dan Glyaire » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:45 pm

ryanroberts1983 wrote:Toby,

I honestly do not know how you continue to let these Epic threads run. It is RUINING your website...

-Ryan
pretty much becoming the most entertaining, and annoying thread of all time..
but people keep looking at it.. like a car wreck..you dont want to look, but you just cant help it.

top troll thread of all time pumpy!

madmax7
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Belmont, Nicholas Canyon, Lake Isabella, Sherman Island
Favorite Beaches: Cabarette, Margarita, Maui
Gear: Naish Kites, North Boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby madmax7 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:25 pm

I've enjoyed Dimitri's posts and found them to have a certain educational value and entertainment value.

I usually find that promotional pieces have to be taken with a bit of caution, Buyer Beware comes to mind.

Dimitri encourages you to try out his kites and go to his Demos, he even sends kites to you and offer you plenty of info on His Kites.

I'm partial to some Maui brand and the sales people tend to BS you on kites just to make a sale, when I find sales people that go the extra mile to teach you about the kite I tend to listen.

So Dimitri's Promo might be a bit exaggerated but its created an Interest in LW kites, and I've tried the Dyno 17 and imagine Cab 18 similar in its high AR performance, tried FLady (more fun),the Naish...
Wanna try Dimitri's V3. This is all good for the industry, don't understand all the "hate". It looks like bullying because you are envious of Epic's creative promotion!

Max

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:11 pm

Last edited by L0KI on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:16 am

Oldnbroken wrote:
UKSurf wrote:I spend a lot less time on here than you do, although you are right this thread and your posts are a waste of my time.
I do find your attitude extremely arrogant and the way you promote your brand seriously winds me up but I am going to ignore your posts from now on.
The interesting difference is Dimitri is promoting a business, as opposed to your time spent trying to tear something down.
Cannot understand why anonymous people (UKSurf, Laughingman, PMU, SupaEZ, Dan Glyaire, etc, etc) would put in that effort, in that direction....for what reasons...to accomplish what?
UKSurf, Thanks for clarifying/admitting, and revealing yourself for what you are.
Troll, I am not trying to tear anything down except for the BS. I am simply stating my opinion which happens to not coincide with Dimitri or the epic goons (including you). I have gone as far as testing the kites at my cost. If you think I am being closed minded and trying to wreck something then you are the one with blinders on.
I am not anonymous to Dimitri and many others. You also hide behind an alias so I guess you are not much better are you? I chime in when the truth is being greyed by you and the rest of the epic dealers/friends/affiliates... All goons, because the way you attack anyone who does not support the tactics in question.
I would do the same with any brand that made ridiculous claims that were clearly untrue and used the forum in such a way that was detrimental to open and honest exchange of ideas.
Dimitri's last video obviously was intended to hide the truth. It was a mistake to portray his kite with such high regard considering what actually happened which only became known after latino's video came out. He out right lied as far as I am concerned and I find that very offensive. So yah I have something to say about that... And you support the lie, so where does that put you....

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:42 am

Here you go RDM. This is a video testing the INFINITY V3 with an SUP board, SURF board, and a TWIN TIP board in light wind. Will try to get you a video using the INFINITY V3 in 10 to 15 knots but that will be too much for the INFINITY V3 since you can be on the SCREAMER 14 with a twin tip in 10 to 15 knots. Let me know if you want also some handle passes in that video with the INFINITY V3?
But in the mean while enjoy this video.

Last edited by Dimitri M on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:23 am

Oldnbroken wrote: Cannot understand why anonymous people (UKSurf, Laughingman, PMU, SupaEZ, Dan Glyaire, etc, etc) would put in that effort, in that direction....for what reasons...to accomplish what?
Me anonymous :roll:
KF knows who i am...i was the guy in the video who...put an end to the BS of his V3 in 8kn

The goal of this thread (beside entertainment) is to reveal the truth as it really happened

Lying that i had to swim to chest deep past the shore break in order to waterstart my board

Then he retracted and said he meant to say: walked to belly button deep to waterstart my board

When in reality the water was below my knee deep (15 inches) when i waterstarted my board

My fins (2 total) were not long (14cm) but he was trying to convince people on KF they were

Have you looked at Damien with his real wide raceboard in Naples....he had real race Fins (3 total)

They could have been from 42cm to 50cm it is hard to tell

We he gets into the water he started with water level to the center of his boardshorts

His fins were 3 times longer and he did not need to even go to belly button deep

I figure he lied because he is trying so hard to find a way to say that i must have cheated somehow

I haven't heard any kind of apology about those lies from him

I do forgive you Chrys for your blowout earlier

Say it Dimitri that you are :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: to have lied about Supa

Return to “Kitesurfing”